Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 67619 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Is the family collection value assessed when each heir is ready to reproduce or just before a town move?  This could make quite a difference (in either direction) for some objects.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
I'm getting really excited about this Dynasty now :)

I like that the collection requirements will be easier (because it's still going to be hard for me) and I like that it's going to be 16,000 for all the collections in a town, that makes it possible to really collect a lot of different things.

Another question to add to hazelnut's about when to count the value of collections.

How are we to display the collections? Or is that out now? (been awol for a couple of days). Last time I was on we talked about all the collectibles should be displayed and left behind in town. I like the ide of displaying them, but maybe it will be enough to display them one heir at a time?

I think the fairest way to count the value would be to count it when it's done.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »
I vote for counting at moving time, because I don't see anything about "your part of the collection must be done prior to noobooing," so I interpret that as, "as long as you do your 4 pieces prior to dying." Because what if I decided that my 2nd generation heir should put all masterpiece ice sculptures in? It might be quick, but...it might not either.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
The 4X4 Family Collection is a moving requirement, not an heir requirement, so the minimum 16k requirement needs to be checked at the time you're ready to move.

I agree with the heir needing to be the one to invite spouses into the household and I also have no problems with life state changing elixirs tossed at non founders or heirs. I'll go make these edits.

----------

EDIT: Take a look at the rule set , folks. It's very close to being a wrap. Let me know if there is any other needed changes. I am sending it to Pam so so can make sure all i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
Of hazelnut's most recent list, I'd vote for including relics, spirits, science samples (I wasn't sure if they were worth anything), and wildflowers, and maybe stolen objects.

As for some of the others, I can't see one person accumulating enough LTHP for 4 rewards, and on medium lifespan, no one person will get 4 of the after-school and field trip stuff. As for handiness upgrades, you have to buy the objects to be upgraded.

But it does look like we'll need an official list.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Does it matter what you do with the four career rewards?

On display with your part of the family collection, in use in the household, or sold?

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »
Just going off Marian's comment -- we would all be aiming for 150k plus LTHP anyway, and the teleporter bought at 75k LTHP resells at 15k on its own, so LTRs are doable I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
About the fish: They can not be dragged from the fridge or inventory to the ground. Maybe once, but as of this morning, it can't be done. However, they could be passed from heir to heir in inventory and then assessed for value and left in the fridge before the big move. Can anyone think of a better way? Please, there must be a better way.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
Dragging fish to the ground comes with Pets, so cats can eat them for a tasty moodlet.

Can you pair the fish with something in the collection that offers higher value items? Like a collection of cut gems, one of which is a large spire tiberium?

Edit: As for the fish collection itself, I'd be ok with calculating their value as if you were to sell them directly from the inventory, and then stuff them into fishbowls/aquarium for the display.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
If I'm reading this correctly, the collection no longer requires each individual heir to contribute.  I mean the founder or heir #1 can contribute all 16 items if they want?  Or are we still doing the each heir 4 objects but total 16 objects value must be at least 16k?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
My interpretation is that each heir collects 4 items of one type and then before moving all 4 sets must total at least 16k together.  (edited after actually reading the new rules). I guess the new rules say nothing about each heir being responsible for a 4 object set, just that there has to be 4 sets of 4 objects totaling 16k. This is nice. It gets the founders back in the action.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2013, 09:09:53 PM »
Aye, I'm reading it as founders and heirs can work on it at whatever pace. So, since the founders don't have any huge responsibilities other than get pregnant by day 4, I guess they can focus primarily on the museum.

Edit: I modified the spreadsheet slightly.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
Aye, I'm reading it as founders and heirs can work on it at whatever pace...

Correct. Earlier this week it was "each heir is responsible for one set of 4 items." Now it's basically Founders/Heirs are responsible for all 16 and whoever contributes is up to you.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
I may have missed it, but are there any restrictions on aging up early or on changing traits?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »
No restrictions on aging up, Metro confirm that on page 10.  As for changing traits, I didn't see any bans on midlife crisis, so I am assuming it is ok.