Author Topic: Sim won't stop snorkeling  (Read 7321 times)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
Sim won't stop snorkeling
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:55:51 AM »
I realise snorkeling is fun, but the last few game days my sim won't stop. I queue up something else and it will put the red X through the snorkel icon, or I cancel it manually, but... she just keeps going. For hours more. Each time I've had to use resetSim and then send her back to wherever the next thing she needed to do was (eg rescuing people from drowning - no more snorkeling at work I guess!) from her house. It doesn't seem to happen with any other skills, either. Anyone else?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sim won't stop snorkeling
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:10:53 AM »
Have you tried closing and restarting the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:16:10 AM »
Yeah I think this is about the third playing session in a row it's been consistently happening.

Offline AYHJA

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »
I registered just to say that I'm having this same issue. If anyone knows a fix, I'd be appreciative. My other issue was my sims resetting on scuba caves, but I think I remember reading something about the monster showing before you dive. I'm hoping the snorkeling is/was a similar type of deal and that it can be worked around if not patched or fixed by mods.

My sim only exhibits this behavior when she's snorkeling in the ocean, doesn't seem to affect her when she's in a pool...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
I've been having this problem too although only sometimes & I've noticed it more around dive lots or when I queue something else up for her to do while she's snorkeling. Does anyone know a fix for this other than ResetSim?

Offline AYHJA

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 11:37:18 PM »
If I am not mistaken, I fixed this by resetting the particular cave my sim was trying to snorkel in.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 02:48:45 AM »
If I am not mistaken, I fixed this by resetting the particular cave my sim was trying to snorkel in.

Thank your for the tip but my sim has only explored Rocky Reef so far which doesn't have a cave. Like I said it seems to happen when I line up other things for my sim to do while she's snorkeling, so I'll try canceling that first & failing that, reset her I guess.  :-\

By the way, how do you reset a cave? Can it be done without cheats? I'm testing this world out to see if it'll be suitable for a dynasty or not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 01:13:20 AM »
I don't know if you ever found the solution for your problem Rainbow Dash. If your problem was your sim suddenly surfacing on the beach when you try to explore a underwater cave, it's a known bug. What you need to do before your sim explores the cave is to go under water at the location of the cave, use moveobjects on and then pick up the cave and re-place it. That will re-set it and the exploration will work. I've never had a problem w/my sim and snorkeling. So I'm not familiar w/that.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 07:52:46 PM »
I used to get this problem all the time @Rainbow Dash  but now I just direct the Sim to "GO TO" a particular spot on the beach above the wave line and then cancel the snorkel option.  The Sim will only snorkel for a few minutes more and then go where I've sent them.  I haven't played IP in ages.  Is it still glitchy?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler