Author Topic: My game is broken?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Grovesimus

• Nooboo
My game is broken?
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »
So my Sim is an astronaut in the Late Night expansionpack city. He goes to work at 1pm comes back at 11am. But here's the thing. At 5:40am he for some reason, spawns behind the town hall, then he goes back to work, but instead of getting 6k the day, I get 1.2k because he 'worked' from 5:40am to 11am. Please help me, can't accumulate funds. And I think my game is broken.
I have several other bugs I am experiencing as well.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: My game is broken?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
Do you have mods or cc in your game? (I never use either, but, I understand that they are frequently responsible of multiple bug problems.)

If it is not mods or bad cc, there are several things that are worth trying. This is what I do if my game gets buggy. (In the order I would try them)
  • Open the cheats console and type resetsim *
  • Go to edit town and evict my family then return them from the clipboard to their home
  • Go to edit town, evict the family.  Copy the house to the bin.  Bulldoze the house.  Replace it from the bin.  Replace the family
  • Check my saves folder for .bad files and delete them if found
  • Do a factory reset
I don't know if any of these will work for you, but they are all quick and easy to do and worth trying.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Grovesimus

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
Yeah I don't use any mods, I've used resetsim on the Sim I was talking about, I'll try the other options. I already wanted to move them to a different house. :D

Offline Grovesimus

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47:42 AM »
Do you have mods or cc in your game? (I never use either, but, I understand that they are frequently responsible of multiple bug problems.)

If it is not mods or bad cc, there are several things that are worth trying. This is what I do if my game gets buggy. (In the order I would try them)
  • Open the cheats console and type resetsim *
  • Go to edit town and evict my family then return them from the clipboard to their home
  • Go to edit town, evict the family.  Copy the house to the bin.  Bulldoze the house.  Replace it from the bin.  Replace the family
  • Check my saves folder for .bad files and delete them if found
  • Do a factory reset
I don't know if any of these will work for you, but they are all quick and easy to do and worth trying.
I moved my family to a new house. I didn't do the factory reset, I just quit the astronaut job and now work as a thief.