Author Topic: Rockstar Moving To New Town  (Read 3287 times)

Offline kilmar

• Nooboo
Rockstar Moving To New Town
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
I'm a newly minted rockstar that's currently living in Bridgeport with around 300,000 simoleons. For a few reasons (insane lag, bugs with apartment buildings, waaaay too many jealous girlfriends), I have decided to move to a different location. I was thinking of moving to Starlight Shores since it fits with my rocker lifestyle. I do have a couple of questions I would like to ask before I move there.

1. I am a little concerned about simoleons. Performing in venues and signing autographs are really slow in making money. I've made a killing playing for tips in the subways. I don't see any rabbit holes in Starlight Shores. Any tips on getting tips?

2. Many people dislike Starlight Shores due to it's blandness and small footprint. As a rockstar, should I think of moving to a different location? If so, what other location would fit a rockstar lifestyle?

TIA for any assistance.

P.S. First post, woohoo!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Rockstar Moving To New Town
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :)

You can purchase community lots or edit them with Edit Town and place a Subway yourself. To earn money from tips you only need one station in the entire world. For example our forum world: Union Cove, only has one subway station. I know that for Sunset Valley the best place for tips without a subway is in front of the Theatre, it has the most traffic of townies.

Depends on your own likes and dislikes. If you were going stereotypical Rocker you could consider Sunset Valley, Sunlit Tides (Store) or somewhere sunny - Rockstar on a beach sort of thing? :P Hidden Springs is a wealthy setting, or you could go for Riverview as a rural mansion home. Basically it's your choice, you could always just keep moving every few Sim weeks or so to keep things fresh. :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kilmar

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
Thank you for the warm reception and ideas. I think I will add a subway to Starlight Shores and include a couple more commercial lots and buildings. Starlight Shores seems to be a bit "sparse".

Offline kilmar

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »
I tried to put a couple of subways in Starlight Shores, but my sim cannot enter to play for tips. I've tried putting it in an existing lot (i.e. the hospital) and on its own 10x10, but I cannot get him to play. When I ask him to play for tips he won't enter. Any suggestions?

Edit, fixed the problem. You need at least 1 space between the sidewalk and the entrance.