Author Topic: Mummitomium  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Mummitomium
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »
Hi, I'm having an awful time here. I'm doing that Morcu quest in Egypt and am at the point where I need to find some mummitomium. My problem is that this is the 3rd time I've been back to Egypt  and it just is not showing up at all! I thought that maybe I would buy my sim the Collection Helper to see if she could find any other gems, but when I went into map view, there was absolutely NO gems *anywhere*! Not one! Is this normal or is this a bug? Maybe the gems are all inside the pyramids? I'm seriously thinking about quitting this quest if she doesn't find the mummitomium soon.

Edit , When I put the map filter on community locations, the gems showed up, but still no mummitomium.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Mummitomium
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
The easiest way to get the mummitonium is to buy it.  Go to the relic merchant each day and check his inventory.  You may have to try several times.  If he has only one piece, you could try posting it for smelting, you may be lucky and get two ingots back.

While the quest is current, the mummitonium will be marked in town view, if there is any available.

I once found an ingot in a chest in one of the small tombs, but, this is very rare.

There are other ways, but if you are in Egypt these are the ways to obtain it there.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
I'll try the merchant first, but what other ways are there to obtain it? It isn't available in buydebug. At least not w/that name.

Edit to Add: Partial success here. While the merchant didn't have it right now, I did find one piece at the abandoned mine. It looks like the Collection Helper is working. :)  I just have to remember to put the map filter on Community Locations. Then the gems show up. Only one more piece to go now!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
I went back to the merchant a few hours later and he had some mummitomium. YAY!

Now though, I'm VERY stuck on getting the Relic of Life from the Pyramid of the Sky/Ocean. I already completed the both halves of the pyramid before when I was looking for things to do. Now I can't find the relic. I tried replacing the pyramid and exploring the left side again, but still can't find the relic. Could somebody please tell me where it is? Thanks!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 12:53:24 AM »
There is an excellent site that is linked in a sticky in this board, it gives walkthroughs for all the adventures. Here is the one I believe you need. :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:02:13 AM »
If you mean the one here: http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2009/12/relic-of-life.html, then I've followed all of his steps and still can't find the dumb thing! Maybe I'll just cancel the quest and then maybe it will work out next time if I don't explore that pyramid before the adventure.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »
I generally always find mummitomium at the old mine.  I have found it in a couple of other places but I always look there first.  You don't need to take your sim there just look yourself at the rocks, there is a subtle difference to the appearance of each type.  Mummitomium is quite dark in appearance and you probably won't be lucky enough to find it on the first day.  Good luck. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »
Hi Magz, I finally just bought some from the merchant. I did find one piece at the old mine, but just bought the remaining 2. As for the rest of the quest, I finally just quit and cancelled it out b/c the game just would not produce the Relic of Life no matter what I did. I'll go back to it another time.

anything