Author Topic: Witch and ghost had a human baby  (Read 7344 times)

Offline ThatPsycho

• Nooboo
Witch and ghost had a human baby
« on: August 26, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »
I made a ghost and a witch who were married and I gave them both the 'Surrounded By Family' lifetime wish. When their first child was born, he obviously wasn't a ghost but he didn't have the yellow line around the picture of him that witches always have. I'd never had a witch baby before so I thought maybe he would be revealed to be a witch when he was older and that he'd get the yellow line then. However, I gave the parents the fertility treatment lifetime happiness reward and they went on to have triplets - two are ghosts (They're so cute! :D) and I know the other one is a witch because she has the yellow line. This would suggest that witches do have the yellow line around their picture from birth, but how could a witch and a ghost have a human baby? Neither of the parents have ever been human. Has anyone else experience anything similar?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Witch and ghost had a human baby...?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »
There is a possibility that two non-human life states will have a human child. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but it definitely is not unusual.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
A ghost isn't considered a supernatural when genetics are calculated, it's more an overlay. So you have a human witch, and a normal ghost... So for every baby, it's a 50% shot on whether they inherit the ghostliness and the witchitude. However if you bred a witch with any non-ghost super, you'd only get occult babies - no humans.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
I think that each life state has a fifty percent chance of having a human child. I once had a pair of ghosts have a human baby and my vampire and werewolf couple had human twins.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ThatPsycho

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
Thanks for the answers. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »
I have noticed lately, more than before, that I am having a harder time getting the witch babies.  Use to, it was about 2 to 5 times, now I am lucky if I get one witch baby or any other supernatural, out of 5.  Both parents are usually the same life state.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline BooGuy

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
I think this fits quite well to this topic: My male vampire and Annalove Ivy (a human) had a child, and this boy turned out to be a fairy. Is it maybe possible that it has something to do with this "Magic in the air"-moodlet? Or is this a bug? :/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Anna33

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
I think this fits quite well to this topic: My male vampire and Annalove Ivy (a human) had a child, and this boy turned out to be a fairy. Is it maybe possible that it has something to do with this "Magic in the air"-moodlet? Or is this a bug? :/

Are any relatives fairys? Grandparents?

Offline BooGuy

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:17:09 PM »
No, my Vampire has not even relatives, and Annalove hasn't had any relatives beides her husband and her children and they all were human.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »
Well clearly, the vampire drank the blood of a fairy at some point in his life, and passed it on! (Or...Annalove had a scorching affair with the repairman...)

( ;) It does sound like a bug, 'cause that's just weird.)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »
It's funny you mention human babies coming from supernatural parents...
I had two human sims who tried for a baby. I got the chimes, she switched into her maternity... and the father (out of my control) became a vampire.
The infant was born a vampire.

Funny how these things work. Supernaturals have normal children when they don't want them... and my normal Sims have Supernatural babies when they just don't want them.

Now I may have this wrong, but when I interpreted the 50% rule I assumed that it was 50% chance of either or supernatural, and not 25%/25%/50% (super/super/normal). Which leads me to conclude that it shouldn't be normal for two supernatural Sims to have a human baby. That was just my interpretation of it though.

Edit to say: I play supernatural Sims all the time, yet I've -never- had two supernaturals have a human child.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
From what I've researched about supernaturals, it's something like this:

If parents are a ghost (CAS-created) and vampire, possibilities are:
- 25% for a human-ghost, 25% for a vampire-ghost, 25% for a vampire and 25% for a human.

About the "Magic in the air" moodlet, i've heard about it resulting in occult babies, even with fully normal parents. I've not myself had time to test it, but it's said in the Life Status section at http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Moodlets

Now, off to test that moodlet!

Edit: Now I've tested it, and two humans were able to have a witch baby with that moodlet. So I think it may allow them to have other type of supernatural kids too.

Offline iariley15

• Nooboo
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »
I have a supernatural family with a female fairy and a male witch. Their baby Saphire does not have sparkles around it so I think it is a witch but I hope it is not human

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »
I have a supernatural family with a female fairy and a male witch. Their baby Saphire does not have sparkles around it so I think it is a witch but I hope it is not human

The colored borders in the relationship panel show up from birth, so if it is a witch you will be able to tell just by looking there.

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
Re: Witch and ghost had a human baby
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:41:43 AM »
I've had two vampires have a normal son, then later on have vampire twin daughters. Neither pregnancy was influenced by magic since the family had been based in Bridgeport and the Mom turned before Supernatural came out. Their son threw me for a loop because he had the vampire mark on his neck growing up but by the time he aged to teenager, I figured it didn't matter to me which he ended up as. As such, he's the odd one in the family and only one awake in the mornings now as a Young Adult. It reminded me of a cartoon I watched once.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

anything