Author Topic: The Burrow  (Read 12852 times)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
The Burrow
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »
The Burrow

This house is loosly based on Ron Weasley's house in Harry Potter. I say 'loosly' because the basic shape is there, but due to restrictions within the game mechanics, I couldn't get the floor plan exact. So what I've done is make 'The Burrow according to Neashaleigh', (my own creative version of it).

I tried to capture the cluttered, cosy, country, yet functional feel and look that the Weasley's house had. As such, this house is incredibly store heavy. I won't apologise for that because every single piece I put into this house was carefully selected to contribute to the overall feel. Also, with the 'Complete Your Set' option now available at the Store, getting loads of store content is a lot easier.

The pictures I've taken really don't do this build much justice. If you're brave (and have all or most of the store content used), I'd recommend downloading it and having a walk through the magical rooms this house boasts. You can almost smell the old wood and hear the fun and unusual magical things happening here. (Well ok... if you close your eyes and pretend real hard you can :P )

I built the house in Sunset Valley on the lot that's next to the waterfall. It is an unusal sized lot, so it's best positioned there, otherwise you'll find it might look a little odd. However, with a little cosmetic surgery, it will still look good on any lot that's slightly larger.

Here are the technical details:

Lot Size: 36x47
Cost furnished: §330,947
Cost unfurnished: §91,622
EP's: SN, LN, Seas, UL, ST, Gen, Amb, Pets, WA, IP
SP's: MS, OL, TL, FL
Store: Too many to list here. Please view the house on the Exchange to see the comprehensive list.
No Custom Content or Custom Patterns

To see more pictures, visit the Gallery.

*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: The Burrow
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
Yes! Finally a Sims 3 Burrow! It looks exactly as I imagine it and as it is shown in the movies! I was going to make one myself but this one turned out so much better than mine ever would've. Are you going to make any other Harry Potter buildings, like 4 Privet Drive? I know there is one somewhere but it would be nice to have one here where it is 100% guaranteed to be CC free.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »
Very nice Neashaleigh!  When I first looked at your original front of the house picture I thought to myself... Hmmm, that looks like the house from Harry Potter!  Then I read your text and saw that's exactly what you were going for!  Excellent job at capturing the Weasley family feel with the cluttered house.  I also love that you put their flying car in the garage too.  It definitely shows that you took the time to pay attention to the little details.   :)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
Thank you both. I may well try some of the other HP themed houses. I have someone asking for Grimauld's House (Is that right?) The one from Order of the Phoenix where it's hidden between two other houses. I believe it was Sirrius Black's family house? Anyway, I might try that one. If I can find blueprints, I'll do Privet Drive as well maybe. I'll see :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 03:27:50 AM »
It's Grimmauld Place. It belongs to The Ancient and Noble House of Black (Obsessive). Basically, it belonged to Sirius Black and his ancestors until Sirius Black died, when he handed it to Harry.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:30:03 AM »
It's Grimmauld Place. It belongs to The Ancient and Noble House of Black (Obsessive). Basically, it belonged to Sirius Black and his ancestors until Sirius Black died, when he handed it to Harry.

That's right. You know, there's plenty of interior pictures of Grimmauld Place on the internet, but I'm having a hard time finding interior shots of 4 Privet Drive. I've dug out my Harry Potter films and will need to watch them again lol. It's been a while.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 08:09:49 AM »
You've done a great job on this house . I love all your decor and landscaping . Well done !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »
IT'S PERFECT!!!!  I immediately recognized it as the Weasley house! 

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
I just so happen to be watching Harry Potter when I saw 'The Burrow' in the new unread post. This house is so awesome! Amazing job.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:08:36 AM »
Thank you both :)

*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Anna33

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
This house is so cool! (almost breaks mouse hitting download button).

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »
This house is so cool! (almost breaks mouse hitting download button).

Hehe thanks :D
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Glitchie

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
Wow, this looks amazing! I have all of Sims 3, and it is installed on my computer, but I have just started playing 4, and would love to see this one as content for 4 if possible. If not, would you mind me building one off of this 'floor plan' for 4?

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 04:45:01 AM »
Wow, this looks amazing! I have all of Sims 3, and it is installed on my computer, but I have just started playing 4, and would love to see this one as content for 4 if possible. If not, would you mind me building one off of this 'floor plan' for 4?

Hi there.

Thanks for your comment. I don't currently have Sims 4, so I'm happy for you to go ahead and use the plans to make one. I'd love to see pics so feel free to post some up on my thread here once you're done :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 02:15:14 AM »
I know I'm quite late, I'm not sure if i should even comment, but I just want to say I think this house is pretty amazing. I'd love to download if I could manage to get the store items.