Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326961 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
Concerning unique opportunities: does the diving job opportunities count?

As long as it's a bonafide opportunity and takes up the appropriate slot in the info panel and not an after school opportunity, then you're fine.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2013, 11:39:13 AM »
Thanks, Metro. And thanks, again, for thinking up this Dynasty - I'm having a lot of fun playing it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »
Yes, thank you. I am really enjoying this. My Sunset Valley founders, the Washingtons, just passed on leaving lovely large tombstones. Tacoma achieved level 10 in the gardening skill without harvesting one single plant (no skill challenge attained). Her husband Sequim became a CEO before quitting work and harvested many money bags. Their son, Aberdeen, is a World Renown Surgeon, Chess Grand Master, Skill Professor, and Master Chemist. Heir #2, Blaine, has just been born. Thanks to all the money trees, good progress has been made toward building and property purchases. It's been a challenge, but less of a slog (so far!) than I expected. I don't write stories, but I'm really enjoying those posted. Thanks, everyone!

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
I have another query or two, if anyone here can help me. I've decided to start in Isla Paradiso, and my collections to be shells, fish, messages in bottles and gems. My first heir, Dreyfus, is a scuba diver - and has collected 3/4 of the above. However, the fish he 'caught' all look the same if placed on the ground - like salted, emaciated fish-worms. When viewed with the other collections, they can hardly be seen. However, I noticed that if they are mounted (I mounted extra specimens), they loose their value! Is it possible to mount them, but count their worth before?
My second problem is slightly more tricky: I decided to start with a witch and ghost pairing as my founders. Dahl, the witch, died of old age, and vanished into a lovely, large tomb. However, Danii - the ghostly-mother - 'passed on to the netherworld' and left this behind:

She had 200k plus lifetime happiness points, but did not get the large tombstone! Is this normal for a playable ghost? And does her tomb count, or must I discount her's?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
@ Tahilanor

For the fish, if you mount them you will have to take their mounted value.

Your second problem is tricky, are you sure your ghost mom have more than 200K LHP?  I don't play with ghost much, anybody have experience on this?

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
Very sure. It was something like 216k - I used the Orb plus lots, and lots of children.

And thanks for the answer on the fish issue - I'll place them in a fish bowl just before I leave the world.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
@ Tahilanor

Putting them in fish bowl will lower their value too.  Leaving them on the floor will give the best value (original value) of the fish, just make sure if you have pets they don't eat them up  :D

Sorry couldn't help you out with the ghost issue, hopefully somebody here in the forums that have plenty of ghost playing experience can solve your problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
HOLY SAMOORAI! I leave four three months and come back to find Metro's done it again!

I like this challenge, it's like a love child between the Townie DecaDynasty and the Townie Jump that was in the Miscellaneous stories.

Every family needs four large tombstones and must own everything in the neighborhood? Wow, that's a tall order, looks like I may have
to be mastering Alchemy with my spouses, ha ha ha!  ;D

Great job, Metro. I think I might actually FINISH this challenge... at least when I get my new computer that Mom promised me for Christmas. The computer I am using HATES The Sims 3 and now that it's flooded with spyware and stuff that makes it slower than a goopy snail in Absolute Zero weather, I don't think I can play The Sims 3 until I toss this computer for a better one. I need to e-mail my parents the requirements to run Sims 3 on a computer.  :P

But when I do, I will try this challenge. Unfortunately, I can't be legit since I cheat up needs so no Hall of Fame but I will follow the rules to the letter for a fun story.  ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »
@Ghosts leaving behind small tombstones: When ghosts go back to the netherworld, they either leave behind whatever tombstone they were resurrected from (if they were resurrected in-game) or a small tombstone (if they were born ghosts or created in CAS as ghosts, or if you resurrected a ghost with a small tombstone). The way to avoid this is to feed them ambrosia before they pass on.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
Regarding the fish: I don't have pets so I have no option of dragging them onto the ground. On page 13 of the work bench, Shirin said she would have no problem with calculating the value of the fish beforehand and then stuffing them into bowls. Is that no longer an option. I guess I could place a fridge in the display area and put them in that, otherwise an $1100 deathfish becomes worth at most $240.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2013, 02:48:44 PM »
I agree, that only for those without Pets (and therefore, can't drag fish to the ground), I really don't have a problem with that. It's ultimately up to Metro, but why penalize someone for not having an EP?

An alternate idea, maybe, is to put them in a WA storage chest (or bug/alchemy chest that came with SN) until it's time to calculate the value - provided you have either EP? I'm afraid if you stick them into a fridge, someone will wind up cooking with them (since all fridges appear to be connected to the same black hole).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »
@KRae

I think Metro would be ok with that, taking the true value of the fish, instead of the sell value of fish + bowl.  Don't want to penalize players with less xpac.

@Shirin
"The Family Collection must be on display at all times either on your home lot or on a purchased lot" -- says must be on display, so putting them in a storage cabinet wouldn't qualify as on display, would it? 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
Only if it could be argued that the cabinet itself is on display!

(Ok, no. *hangs head in shame*)  :P

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
hahah Shirin  ;D.  Ya i have to rework my strategy after rereading that one line over and over again. 

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »
Do we have heir choice with multiples or is it first named only?

anything