Author Topic: The Beautiful Stars (Chapter 23)  (Read 23891 times)

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
The Beautiful Stars (Chapter 23)
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:08 PM »
I finished a dynasty (woot!) and began again, this time including a story. I hope you all enjoy reading as much as I have enjoyed playing it! And please, if you read, leave a comment (I'm open to critiques!)

A small note: Occasionally I will post screenshots that were taken out of my official game file for story purposes. I also use some CC, but nothing that makes the characters look "un-Simish". However, if you see something in my story and would like to know where I got it, feel free to PM me.

For those interested, a rough draft of the shell of Bellanova Manor can be found Here

Now... On to the story!

Prologue
Chapter 1     Chapter 21
Chapter 2     Chapter 22
Chapter 3     Chapter 23
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Beautiful Stars
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
Prologue

My Watcher had been speaking to me for as long as I could remember. My first memory is of being a young girl, playing in my nursery with my Nanny. This was the first time I would hear the Watcher's voice, though I don't remember what was said. I remember being scared at first, thinking it was a ghost, or a witch had cursed me. My father and mother were devout Jacobans, so when the voice identified itself as the Watcher… I was petrified to say the least!

It turned out that my father and mother were wrong about the Watcher though… The Watcher (at least, my universe's watcher, I understand there are actually many, many watchers) is friendly and loving. Her (another surprise to me) name is De Kilte, but I usually just call her De. She hates the wickedness in our world, but has to allow it to balance out the good.
She guided me as I grew into a young lady, explaining that I was special and set apart from my peers. Father and Mother thought this as well, but that was because they believed themselves to be special and set apart. You see, in a way they were… Father and Mother were the king and queen of our realm. That is what made them special, but being a princess wasn't what set me apart. I was special because I was destined to be…
Immortal.
The Beautiful Stars

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »
Chapter 1

A few days following my young adult birthday, De and I spoke for many hours. We went over every detail of my challenge and how De thought I should begin. I was frightened of what was to come. I would be alone, without the De's guidance, for the first time in my memory. I would be thrust into a strange place and time, with no skills, little money, and a monumental task. Not only would I have to follow the steps to become immortal, but the seven generations to follow would have to as well.
I asked why, for the first time in my life. Why me?

"You are special, my Izarra. Follow my plan and you will see your descendants become as numerous as the stars," I heard Her reply.  In my mind's eye I could see the generations stretched out before me, each person among them unique, but each person among them tracing back to one… to me.
"I will always be watching and helping you, my Izarra, even when you can't hear me." I felt the warm chill of Her mental caress. I sat and watched the sunset in the west... It would be the last one I experienced in my time.

I awoke the next morning to a bright, blistering hot day. De normally was the first to greet me in the morning… now, She was silent. She had, however, been kind enough to supply me with clothes appropriate to this time.  I looked around me, adjusting to this new place. This place had been described to me by De hundreds of times. Sunset Valley. I thought about what She had told me and then set about on my task.

First, I was to find and befriend a lonely young widow. She would provide housing and assistance in the early days of my dynasty. I would find her across town in a large, strange white house. I described the house and woman to a horseless carriage driver who picked me up and he informed me her name was Miss Crumplebottom. The poor dear hadn't even had the chance to take her husband's name before he had drowned.

Upon my arrival I found that she wasn't home. I realized that it would probably be for the best if I learned a bit more about this time and town before I ran around asking its residents to live with me. As I got back in the  horseless carriage (I noticed it was named "Taxi") the driver asked me if I was from around here and I told him that I was not. In fact, I had just arrived this morning. He suggested I take a tour of City Hall and a class on Charisma while I waited for Miss Crumplebottom. Both were very informative. After my tour I asked the woman who had given it where Miss Crumplebottom frequented. She told me I could find her at the salon on the shore, she had just gotten a job as a stylist.

I took a different "taxi" for this trip. The woman was very kind, pointing out the art studio and other areas in town.  I thanked her for the ride and entered the salon. I recognized the woman who must be Miss Crumplebottom. There was a sadness in her eyes that you only saw in those who had lost a lover long before their time. I introduced myself.

"Miss Crumplebottom? I am Pri… I am Izarra Bellanova. I just moved to the neighborhood, but I understand you grew up here? Perhaps you could tell me more about this town?"
"I'm afraid I'm too busy for that. Can't you see I'm working?" she snapped at me. Somebody is grumpy… I thought to myself.  Perhaps a different approach.
"I heard you just started working here? Do you enjoy fashion?" I asked. She looked around as if trying to find some reason not to talk to me, but the salon was empty. She sighed, resigned to the fact that she'd have to talk to me.
"To be honest I would much rather be painting or writing. I dream of becoming an author and illustrator of romance novels."
"Oh? I absolutely adore painting. During the charisma class at City Hall I noticed some portraits and landscapes that looked so real… I don't have nearly that talent."
Our conversation centered around art for the rest of the evening. As the dinner hour came, Agnes and I had become fast friends. I invited her to meet me at my lot after her shift the next day and she agreed.  In the mean time, I went in search of a family who's name had caught my eye.
Clavell. The name had practically shone on a list of residents. I had felt De's pull all afternoon, and now found myself standing in front of their house.

I may have been talking to Mrs. Clavell, but my eyes seemed trained on her son. He was handsome, but seemed to be trying to hide it behind horrid clothing and a disgusting cap. Perhaps I should offer him a make-over sometime. I would gladly hold him still while Agnes transformed him from looking like a pauper to appearing to be a prince.
 I realized I had completely stopped listening to Mrs. Clavell and quickly turned my attention back to her. Her eyes were twinkling in a knowing way as she told me about how now that she had retired, she had more time for her painting. As evening fell and the moon rose over the mountains, she asked me if I had better be getting home. Looking at her lovely home and thinking about my cold empty lot, I was almost ashamed to ask to spend the night. She was more than welcoming though, and told me I could bunk in Xander's room while he slept on the couch. Xander… what a lovely name. As I fell asleep that night, his name danced through my brain.
The Beautiful Stars

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »
That was lovely! I have bookmarked.

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »
That was lovely! I have bookmarked.
Thank you :)
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:27 PM »
Chapter 2

The next morning, Mrs. Clavell woke me up with the sun and we drove over to my "house". The empty lot seemed even larger and emptier than it normally did. She asked me what I saw when I looked at the lot. I told her it seemed strange and empty to me. She asked me why I had moved here. I thought back to when I had heard De's voice.
"Trust your heart, for that is where I will be."
My heart told me I could trust Mrs. Clavell. So I told her everything. I told her that I had been chosen by my Watcher to come forward in time and begin an immortal dynasty. I told her that I was scared, had little money and no skills, and that I was all alone for the first time in my life. She let me talk to her about it into the late afternoon. When I had finally had gotten everything off my chest, she surprised me. She offered to move herself and her entire family in with me.

"We don't have a lot of money, my husband and I are old,  and Xander… well, I hope you can figure out how to motivate him because I sure can't," she sighed, "but, if you'll have us, you won't have to be alone anymore."
I accepted quickly. She went up to City Hall to registered their address as 15 Summerhill Court. My address. I wasn't alone anymore.
Speaking of alone… it was getting dark, which meant Agnes should be here any minute. I glanced at my phone to check the time (I do love these new inventions!). Sure enough, it started ringing. Agnes asked if now would be a good time to come over.

Of course, she was more than welcomed. A few minutes later she arrived, parking a shiny white sports car on my lawn. "So this is where you live, huh?" she glanced around the lot. "Looks like you could use a few walls."
"Perhaps a few doors as well," I joked. She laughed quietly.
"I was thinking all day today… the house I live in… It was supposed to be for Erik and I. We were planning to raise our family in it… I was pregnant on our wedding day, you know. Just barely, not even far enough for the doctors to know for sure, but I did. Then, that night, I lost Erik. I laid in bed and sobbed so long I thought I might drown in my own tears. Then the pain came… I lost the baby that same night. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, and instead it was the worse. But that's not the point. The point is, that house isn't for me. I was wondering if I could move in with you. I used Erik's life insurance to buy this stupid car… figured I wouldn't need a back seat for a carseat anymore. Either way, it's worth a pretty penny. Perhaps, if I lived with you, I could sell it and you could use that money for walls… and maybe some doors?" She looked at me hopefully, but with that same sadness in her eyes. What could I do, but say yes?
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
Chapter 3

Agnes made a few calls the second that I said she could move in, and in moments her house and car were both sold. Her money, with the Clavell's, totaled up to almost §120,000. I remembered my Watcher telling me that once I had over §100,000 to leave my lot for a few minutes. I suggested to Agnes that we walk across the street for a moment. I had just barely stepped off the lot when I heard a loud thud from behind me. Agnes and I turned around.
"Woah," Agnes muttered in a low voice. I had to agree.

There was a note on the front gate.

Welcome to Bellanova Manor. Sorry it's not quite done. Apartment to the right is for Agnes, Izarra, and Xander. Apartment to left is for Bessie and Buster to enjoy their retirement. Big house is just a shell.
With Love,
De Kilte
P.S. Izarra, I have two more people for you to find. Their red hair makes up for their lacking red-blood. One is a writer, one is a chef. Good luck dear!

"You know, this would be a lot easier if you would just give me the names of people!" I shouted at the sky.
I called the Clavells home. We entered the courtyard only to find another note, sitting a top a dresser with a mirror.
"Use me" was all this note said. 
Agnes went first. She seemed to have found a strange peace in selling her car in exchange for the house. She rid herself of her mourning clothes and cut her hair. I thought she looked quite pleasant afterward, though she couldn't escape the sadness in her eyes.
"I'm not going to be Agnes Crumplebottom anymore. Erik may have died on our wedding night, but he was still my husband and I love him. The least I can do is change my name," she told me as she put the final touches on her new make up. Allow me to introduce:

Mr. Clavell arrived and went next. He was reluctant to change most anything, but I still feel he deserves a proper introduction:

Mrs. Clavell (who insists I call her Bessie) followed her husband. She truly is a beautiful and classy woman. I like her new hairstyle much better than the barrette she used to wear. Buster bought her necklace for their 50th wedding anniversary. I thought that was very sweet.

Finally, Xander waltzed in the gate at almost 3 AM. Bessie's new look seemed to have given her a new vigor when it came to her son. She sat him down in front of the mirror, disregarding his very loud protests as she threw his cap in the trash and attacked his hair with a pair of scissors.

Wow. He sure cleaned up nice. Bessie then dragged him to the dresser. He seemed to be in shock and went without even a squeak of a protest. I present to you the new and improved:

Wow.

"Now go and get a decent job, you lazy lout!" Bessie said, pushing him out and locking the gate.

Double wow.

Note: The Clavells are one of my favorite families. I love how Xander looks after a make over...
The Beautiful Stars

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
Ha!  The way you write Bessie, I'm surprised Xander managed to end up such a deadbeat in the first place.

Anna33

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Love the way bessie acts she kind of reminds me of Molly weasley in the best possible way of course :D

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 07:14:33 PM »
Ha!  The way you write Bessie, I'm surprised Xander managed to end up such a deadbeat in the first place.
I'm actually surprised he turned out a dead beat as well. Both Bessie and Buster are family-oriented, you would think Xander would have been well cared for and earned good traits.
Love the way bessie acts she kind of reminds me of Molly weasley in the best possible way of course :D
Ah, Molly. The ultimate motherly character. That's actually a bit what I was going for, so thank you very much!
The Beautiful Stars

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the Clavells in a dynasty attempt before. :) I love how you are portraying Bessie...and dare I speculate that Xander will be a dynasty spouse?

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
Chapter 4

The next morning, a sight was seen that no one had ever expected.
Clean shaven, well dressed, a spring of confidence in his step, former criminal Xander Clavell approached the business office for a job.

Triple wow. 
While Xander was out "getting a decent job", Bessie was working on her art while Buster relaxed, enjoying the peace and quiet of his new life. Agnes was skipping work to sculpt, and I… I was trying to figure out who De was talking about. Their red hair made up for their lack of red blood? Who didn't have red blood? The best place I could think to ask was at City Hall.

The lady at the front desk, Mary according to her name plate, smiled at me. "Hello, Miss Bellanova. I hear you've gotten a new house?"
"Just some walls and doors, ma'am. We don't have the money just yet for windows," I chirped happily. Mary laughed.
"What can I help you with today?"
"I need to find two people. One is a writer, one is a chef. They both have red hair. I don't understand the next part, but supposedly they are lacking red-blood?"
"Red-headed writers…" Mary pulled down the town register. "Lacking red blood… Hm…No... No... Uh-huh Connor Frio is a writer, he has red hair, and AH! He's unflirty."
"What does that have to do with it?" I asked.
"Red-blooded means flirty. So… lacking red blood would mean…?" Mary smiled at me.
"Ah ha! So, Connor is one of the people I need to find. Are their any red-headed, unflirty chefs?"
"Just the one, a young woman by the name of Emma Hatch."
"Thanks Mary!" I yelled behind me as I ran out the door. Connor Frio and Emma Hatch. That'd make it easier.
"Anytime, Miss Bellanova! I'd try the diner first! Emma might be working!"

I entered the diner and looked around. Music was playing, pictures covered the walls, people were talking, and one man was playing a game on a strange device. I walked up to the counter and sat down. The woman behind it looked over at me.
"What can I get for you darling?" she asked.

"I'm looking for a woman by the name of Emma? Red-hair?" I asked her. She gave me a curious look.
"That would be me. May I ask who you are?"
"My name is Izarra. I'm new to the area, just moved here the day before yesterday. I own the large lot at the top of the hill."
"The one between the Landgraabs and Altos? I noticed there was a new building there this morning!" she exclaimed.
"Yes, it was just built last night. Still a work in progress though. I'm sure we'll have enough money to continue building soon."
"We?"
"Agnes, the Clavells, and I. We're all living there."
"My, that's a lot of mouths to feed."
"You're telling me. I'm tempted to hire someone just to be a live in cook," I joked.
"Oh? How much are you offering?"
"Free room and board for you and all descendants for life? Free matchmaking services? A guarantee you'll complete your greatest lifetime wish? "
"Hm… I might take you up on that. The Clavells are good people… well, the older ones anyways… and I've always felt sorry for Miss Crumplebottom. She and her late husband were quite cute together when they were dating. They stopped in here a few times for a bite to eat."
"She actually changed her name to Ms. Darling this morning in his memory," I mentioned. Emma looked thoughtful.
"Cyclone!" she said to the man on the strange device.
"Yeah, Emma?"
"Toss an ad up on SimisList for my room, please?" She turned to me, "You guarantee I'll become a culinary librarian?"
"Yes ma'am. Maybe even earn a spot in history."
"I'll take it." She lowered her voice, "To tell you the truth, things have been awkward around the house ever since Blair and Cyclone broke up. I could use a break from that drama."

"Well, I can't promise a drama free life, but I hope you enjoy living with us," I said cheerfully. One unflirty redheaded chef, ready and accounted for.
I took a taxi to the Frio residence.  Those are a truly useful device. You just have to describe the place you want to be to the driver and he or she takes you there for free. Truly a wonderful thing.
Connor answered the door. He was a relatively handsome fellow, just a bit younger than me. I chatted with him for a bit, telling him I had just moved here and was looking for roommates. When I mentioned that Emma had just moved in with us, he jumped at the offer for him to move in as well. Apparently, unflirty though he may be, he has a bit of a crush on our Miss Hatch. Interesting.

Note: Please take a moment to comment and critique!
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the Clavells in a dynasty attempt before. :) I love how you are portraying Bessie...and dare I speculate that Xander will be a dynasty spouse?

Seeing as the *moment* Izarra stepped foot on the Clavell lot she started popping wishes about him... I'd say most definitely!
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
Ooh, the diner interior is nice.  Did you build that?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
I'm floored. Your writing is excellent and I love the idea of using Xander as a dynasty spouse.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything