Author Topic: My sims 3 pets/seasons will not let the self employeed option appear  (Read 5603 times)

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
So much to my dismay, frustration, and anger I can't play my game. I read earlier a forum in which the individual unistalled and reinstalled their game with success I have tried that three times now and it still won't work. Ok the issue at hand is the sim I am trying to reach the jockey with can't be self employed. I have tried the cheats with the mail box, the cell, the computer, and the town hall. Please does anybody have any suggestions.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My sims 3 pets/seansons will not let the self employeed option appear
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:52 AM »
Do you mean the horseman career? Does your sim have the required skill point in riding?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
Having issues being self employed
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:25:09 AM »
So the issue at hand is this. I have sims3 pets and seasons loaded on to a new computer that I just bought a week or so ago. I never had any issues with my old computer and sims3 pets but now after purchasing my new laptop and getting seasons I can no longer have my sims do any self employed games. I read in another forum to uninstall the games and reinstall. Well, have done just that numerous times and nothing has worked. I am getting extremely frustrated, irritated, and sad. Can any one help me?

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:31:49 AM »
Yes she has mastered the riding skill. And the horses have skilled as far as they can go.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:41:18 AM »
I have merged your two threads about the same issue as there is no need for duplicate posts in different boards. I also moved it to the Pets EP board as the Seasons board was not the place for it.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »
Yes, the sim has mastered riding and the horses that the sim is using are maxed out on their skill points. I do know that the money is going up under the horseman symbol when races are won but it is not letting her take the unemployment option or to go up the ranks as a rider, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and never had any problems when I played it on the old computer. Its all very frustrating.

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Thanks for putting it in the right thread. Wasn't sure which to put it under since I never had any issues until after I got seasons. lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:45 AM »
You say she can't go and register as self employed.. does she already have a job that she hasn't quit from?

Offline jessdurben

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 02:52:03 AM »
Nope it shows her as being un employed plus I never gave her a job.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 04:05:15 AM »
What exactly happens when you click on City Hall?  Does it show up grayed out?  What does it say when you hover over it?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
My cousin had this problem, or a problem similar to this. She couldn't get the alchemy self employed, though she had been able to before. She didn't have ambitions. But apparently with a recent patch, they removed the ability to have self employed riders & alchemists without ambitions. Hope this helps.
I hope that made sense.  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 05:18:58 AM »
My cousin had this problem, or a problem similar to this. She couldn't get the alchemy self employed, though she had been able to before. She didn't have ambitions. But apparently with a recent patch, they removed the ability to have self employed riders & alchemists without ambitions. Hope this helps.
I hope that made sense.  ;D

I hadn't heard about this.  Do you have a link from EA that describes it?  Like the patch notes?

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 06:12:18 AM »
I've actually seen mention of this too, but the information seems unstable. Some people are saying that they have become self employed as horseman even without Ambitions while others are saying no. Even Carl says (on the horseman page of the guide) it's his understanding that you need Ambitions. Some people are saying that the ability was added in a patch and yet others are saying it was removed in an update. I've just read through release notes for patches and can't find it mentioned anywhere, either being added or removed. I'd like to know the answer to this (I was going to try in my game but then had the brainstorm that I have Ambitions, so of course I'd be able to doh) so I've put the question to the official site forum, maybe someone there will have a definitive answer.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
I have do have both Pets and Ambitions and if I do not have Ambitions installed there is no self-employed option. ( I have them all through Origin and have different packs installed on my desktop vs my laptop)

That is an Ambitions feature. Sorry :(
Ambitions is well worth the $ though, it's my favorite of the add ons I have.
- Jessica

anything