Author Topic: Help? Crashing in Champs Les Sims (Not While Traveling)  (Read 5224 times)

Offline hyperadalin

• Nooboo
Help? Crashing in Champs Les Sims (Not While Traveling)
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »
I have seen many posts on the Sims 3 Forums about crashing while traveling to other places in World Adventures, but my game crashes maybe on day 1 or 2 of my vacation in Champs Les Sims.

I just recently bought World Adventures with Supernatural. I have Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets as well. So far in World Adventures, I have traveled to China 2 times and I am currently in France. I have yet to go to Egypt. But in France, I have just a couple sims with me, both are completing adventures. Right now in the game, it is night, and I am having the two sims sleep. While they are sleeping, the game completely crashes and I get a popup saying the Sims 3 has stopped working. Sometimes the game lasts long enough for the sims to get rested and wake up, but it crashes shortly after.

I have a well built desktop with plenty of memory space, and a good graphics card to go along with it. I run it on vista (64x). I don't think it is an error with my computer since I have not had a problem with it running sims before traveling to France in WA.

I also just now installed the Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer, but I am not sure how to use it at all. And I just used the Sims 3 Patch Downloader to download the most recent patches. But still no luck.

gamersim17

Re: Help? Crashing in Champs Les Sims (Not While Traveling)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
Hi there and welcome to the forum hyperadalin. :)

Based off the information you have posted my best guess would be that the games cache files have gotten too large and are causing the game to crash, so the solution to this would be to clear the cache, if your not sure how to follow these instructions:

1. Go to My Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3.
2. Delete the following files: CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, simCompositorCache.package and socialCache.package
3. Go to the Recycle Bin on your desktop and empty it.

After deleting these files the game should stop crashing. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline khalleron

• Nooboo
Re: Help? Crashing in Champs Les Sims (Not While Traveling)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »
If you're going to travel, you should turn off memories - the game recopies all your memory files every time you travel, which can cause your save file to balloon and can cause crashes and the inability to save your game.

Also see this on how to clean up the TravelDB.package file which contains all those memories.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+to+use+S3PE+to+clean+up+your+save-game

I was having crashing and severe lag issues, and doing this fixed them.