Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979385 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9780 on: June 10, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
EDIT: Also, are we aloud to use the Black Dragons from Dragon Valley to summon death flowers for your sim to plant?

Yes.  As long as you plant the death flower and use the homegrown deathflowers for your immortal, you are good. 

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9781 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
Okay, thank you so much. It is now a lot easier to obtain death flowers and life fruit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9782 on: June 10, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
I'm curious...why is Mid-Life Crisis LTR banned for immortals?

I am playing a base-game immortal dynasty and I am running out of LTRs.  I was a little careless in the level of detail when I did my planning.  It appears I may be short an LTR or two.

It was my intention to complete this immortal dynasty with only the base-game installed.  If I were to compromise my intention, would I be able to install an expansion to have more LTRs available to finish and still be eligible for Hall Of Fame?  My last immortal is a baby so I am rather close to finishing.

Please advise.

Thanks...Caterina

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9783 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
You should have enough LTRs in the base game to satisfy the requirements of the dynasty. It's banned for immortals because immortals can't change their traits. Other things that change immortals' traits are banned too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9784 on: June 10, 2014, 05:28:44 PM »
why?  does it change their lifespan?  what if we didn't change a trait and just used the reward?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9785 on: June 10, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »
It doesn't change their lifespan; it's just an arbitrary limitation of being immortal as decided by Metro. :P I don't know about the second one, though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9786 on: June 10, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »
Eh...what can I say? If I could go back and rewrite the rule set it would be much different today. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9787 on: June 10, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »
It was my intention to complete this immortal dynasty with only the base-game installed.  If I were to compromise my intention, would I be able to install an expansion to have more LTRs available to finish and still be eligible for Hall Of Fame?  My last immortal is a baby so I am rather close to finishing.

I saw no one addressed this yet, and I'm not sure if it's still a consideration, but...

The general rule re expansion packs is, "install upon initial acquisition, or play without." In other words, you could only install additional expansions when you first purchased them (since they were new to you), but if you opted to not do so, then you were stuck without them for the duration.

However, the final call is, as always, Metro's.

(I counted here that there are 30 base game LTR, and by removing the Midlife Crisis, that gives you 29 - you would need only 24 unique ones, and have 5 overlappings. Is there not even the uselessly frivolous one or two you can use?)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9788 on: June 11, 2014, 02:27:37 PM »
What about buying midlife crisis and not changing any traits? That would help Caterina a lot...

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9789 on: June 11, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
My interpretation of Metro's post was, "sorry, no can do." Otherwise, wouldn't he have said yes?

(Of course, one of his hidden traits could be Absent-Minded ;D)

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9790 on: June 11, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
I've encountered an interesting glitch. I started my immortal dynasty, and looking through the town looking for helpers I found an additional family that I assumed moved in the minute the game started. It was the Song family(as in River Song). It's a sim I made that's in the bin in edit town that was moved in autonomously. I didn't move her in. Am I still aloud to use her for the challenge, considering her traits are for her to be an artist/cook?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9791 on: June 11, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
You aren't using Mods are you?  I know Story Progression lets you choose whether to use Sims from your bin.  If you're using Mods, you aren't eligible for HoF anyway.  But I'm not familiar if EA story progression will choose Sims from the bin, so I'd wait for one of the team to let ya know.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9792 on: June 11, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »
No, im not using any mods. I deleted the folder at the beginning of the week while I was getting ready to start this.

Haven't figured out how add images through dropbox so here's the link to a pic of my Sims 3 folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fz8s69ng8wcd0t/Screenshot%202014-06-11%2016.05.13.png

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9793 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
why?  does it change their lifespan?  what if we didn't change a trait and just used the reward?

Well, technically the reward itself is banned. That means it's off limits from purchase not just from use. Are you not able to complete your Dynasty without buying that reward?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9794 on: June 11, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »
As it turns out, I am short two.  So the next question would be, am I allowed to install an expansion pack to gain access to other LTRs to complete it and still qualify for Hall of Fame?

anything