Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1540097 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4550 on: April 06, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
My fifth-eighth generations had the IF gene, after the fourth generation married her mum's imaginary friend's son (complicated!). The fifth generation also married her IF. It's in the HOF, so it can be done with IFs.

I don't think I had any aging problems with it, but like Seabody said they've happened in other dynasties. I saved prior to trying for baby every time there was an IF or IF descendant involved, just in case I had a glitch like that. I think a couple of other dynasties have done it, too.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4551 on: April 06, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
Even if Metro says you can, I strongly advise you not to.
Breeding Imaginary Friends is rumored to lead to an ageing glitch, where Sims just don't age. Which may sound perfect for an immortal dynasty, but Ricalynn and/or ratchie had to end their dynasties because of it. I believe I also got the glitch in a dynasty, and ended it as a precaution. (That, and because my Sim teleported off the map randomly, and I was told that was likely a bugged save)
Huh? Never happened in my save files, I have a sim who is a sim IF hyprid who ages normally!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4552 on: April 07, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »
Huh? Never happened in my save files, I have a sim who is a sim IF hyprid who ages normally!

Ok, but just because it never happened in your save files doesn't mean it's not a genuine concern.  Seabody is just giving a warning of what can possibly happen.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #4553 on: April 07, 2012, 06:11:33 AM »

Actually, from what I've read in the aforementioned stories, it's not the imaginary friend hybrid that doesn't age normally, but the whole town (i.e. the sims out of your control, in this challenge).

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4554 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
Actually in the aforementioned cases of me and ratchie, it was our households that were hit with it.  It was a horrible experience for me at least and it was our decadynasties not dynasties. My dynasties tend to fail for other technical reasons.

If you have good luck with IFs, go for it but there have been problems in the past.  As long as you keep back up saves, including a save from before you turned the IF real, you should be fine.   It's all very precautionary and just like people who don't get the travel bug.  It's not usually a problem until it is. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4555 on: April 07, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
Just as Rica said we were both hit by the aging bug,not only did my family stop aging they would return to the begining of their current lifestage at random moments.
I was also hit by the aging bug when playing my Douglas Smith decadynasty I resolved that problem by moving the entire family to another town in that case I have no idea what caused the problem as I am very wary about imaginary friends whilst playing dynasty games and tend to keep them in the parents inventories and do not allow children access to them at all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4556 on: April 08, 2012, 02:28:56 AM »
Just as Rica said we were both hit by the aging bug,not only did my family stop aging they would return to the begining of their current lifestage at random moments.
I was also hit by the aging bug when playing my Douglas Smith decadynasty I resolved that problem by moving the entire family to another town in that case I have no idea what caused the problem as I am very wary about imaginary friends whilst playing dynasty games and tend to keep them in the parents inventories and do not allow children access to them at all.

Rachel
Actually in the aforementioned cases of me and ratchie, it was our households that were hit with it.  It was a horrible experience for me at least and it was our decadynasties not dynasties. My dynasties tend to fail for other technical reasons.

If you have good luck with IFs, go for it but there have been problems in the past.  As long as you keep back up saves, including a save from before you turned the IF real, you should be fine.   It's all very precautionary and just like people who don't get the travel bug.  It's not usually a problem until it is. 
I think I might wait for my sim child to see if there is any girls in school but if there is not, I'm making the potion

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Daemo

« Reply #4557 on: April 08, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
I have just started this challenge, and I have a question regarding my sims job.
He has reached level 10 of the culinary career track and supermaxed cooking.
He is an Adult and I am wondering if he can quit his job.  Does he have to stay employed?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4558 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
Once your Sim has reached the top of their career they are free to retire. I personally usually let them stay in work to give them something to do.

Rachel

Daemo

« Reply #4559 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Once your Sim has reached the top of their career they are free to retire. I personally usually let them stay in work to give them something to do.

Rachel

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4560 on: April 09, 2012, 04:57:30 AM »
Just remember if you have him quit his job as an adult, he won't get a pension.   Only when they retire as elders do they get it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4561 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »
Hi everybody.
I've been trying to play in Starlight Shores, but I can't find a place to put the film studio. Any suggestions? Cause I just planned out a dynasty and no film studio would be changing a few things. :-\

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #4562 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »
Sorry TallStar, but I don't think you'll be able to since SS has a very bumpy landscape. Its hard to even fit in tiny lots.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4563 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed that. Back to the drawing boards lol.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #4564 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
Just a suggestion, maybe try the buisness career instead since that doesn't require any skills.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4565 on: April 10, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
This is probably a duh question. Premium Content i.e. super sleeper and not your routine machine is okay to use right?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4566 on: April 10, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »
I think so because its EA made content .

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4567 on: April 10, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
This is probably a duh question. Premium Content i.e. super sleeper and not your routine machine is okay to use right?

My understanding is, that so long as the item has no life extending properties, you're good to go.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4568 on: April 10, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »

I don't see why not. From what I read in the Store, the Not-So-Routine Machine is almost like the Moodlet Manager, which is allowed.

Of course, in the end, it's Metro's decision.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4569 on: April 11, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »
I don't see why not. From what I read in the Store, the Not-So-Routine Machine is almost like the Moodlet Manager, which is allowed.

Of course, in the end, it's Metro's decision.

Yep, the item is fine as long as it would not have life-extending properties as mentioned above.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4570 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:26 AM »
Metro I have a question. Immortal a has cooking as supermax and b is level 6 of cooking and completed one of the cooking skill challenges, would this disqualify me?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4571 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
Metro I have a question. Immortal a has cooking as supermax and b is level 6 of cooking and completed one of the cooking skill challenges, would this disqualify me?

So long as B does not reach level ten of cooking you are fine,again so long as A does not repeat Bs opp that is fine too.

Rachel

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4572 on: April 11, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
So long as B does not reach level ten of cooking you are fine,again so long as A does not repeat Bs opp that is fine too.

Rachel

I think AdnaanA is not talking about an opp, but about a challenge you find in the journal of the cooking skill. Those are the challenges you have to complete when supermaxing a skill. Does that change the answer? I would like to know this too actually...
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4573 on: April 11, 2012, 09:38:50 AM »

No. Just make sure b does not go past lvl 9. The skill challenges are irrelevant for b, it's the skill level.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4574 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
No. Just make sure b does not go past lvl 9. The skill challenges are irrelevant for b, it's the skill level.
Thanks, because my friend did this and thought he failed. Off to tell him

anything