Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979587 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6180 on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:42 AM »
Metro OK'd Overwatch to be used to fix this bug for me, so I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to. :)

But she can't just pop in Overwatch to fix it and say, 'oh by the way I used Overwatch and then removed it but I didn't get permission first' because I don't believe the rules have changed, so kittyclaws still needs to ask permission and have it granted before she goes ahead and does it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6181 on: October 19, 2012, 03:56:55 AM »
But she can't just pop in Overwatch to fix it and say, 'oh by the way I used Overwatch but I didn't get permission first' because I don't believe the rules have changed, so kittyclaws still needs to ask permission and have it granted before she goes ahead and does it.

Point taken. :) I just remembered someone (Lasnien, I think) who did it as well, but I had forgotten they had also asked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6182 on: October 19, 2012, 03:59:53 AM »
Point taken. :) I just remembered someone (Lasnien, I think) who did it as well, but I had forgotten they had also asked.

Rica already told me not to give out advice that said that 'someone could do x' without stating that they needed to ask permission, so now i'm careful.  :)

Oh, Seab in UC is friends with one of my sims in my Dynasty....if I ever put up an actual chapter, i'll be showing them meeting.  ;D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6183 on: October 19, 2012, 04:38:56 AM »
I just wish EA would stop mucking up their own coding every time they release an expansion or patch!  They need a better testing system, maybe.  Let some of the players test the content for you prior to release; lots of other games have great success with this approach.

But I thought that the players of the Sims 3 are the alpha and beta testers for it already. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6184 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
Is anyone else being driven insane by the gardening bug in SN?  Poor Destiny-my founder-can barely tend his pride and joy anymore because every time I tell him to do anything to his plants, he suffers a jump error and the queue drops.   :(  It's no longer needed to complete his immortal requirements, but it keeps him busy-or did, before the bug-and provides fantastic cooking ingredients.  Now, though....if it wouldn't fail the challenge, I'd go pop in a mod to fix it.  Shame, really.  I know the bug is related to a mushroom, but it affects all the plants, and began before he planted any.

I just wish EA would stop mucking up their own coding every time they release an expansion or patch!  They need a better testing system, maybe.  Let some of the players test the content for you prior to release; lots of other games have great success with this approach.

Was gardening your supermax?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6185 on: October 19, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »
Photos are allowed to have the same classification yes (As in, all of the shots can be something like Housemate?)
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6186 on: October 19, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
Correct - Half my dynasty photos are "Celebrity Sighting" because I can't seem to get anything else to come up since they all have 5 stars by YAhood.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6187 on: October 19, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »
Correct - Half my dynasty photos are "Celebrity Sighting" because I can't seem to get anything else to come up since they all have 5 stars by YAhood.

Good because all of mien are Housemate because the photographer was too busy sculpting and painting to socialize. She was constantly hopped up on potions of Bliss.

Are there any more valuable ones that aren't too difficult to get?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6188 on: October 19, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »
All of my celebrity ones were around 900 apiece.    For Toddlers, I always get the one where it's Child playing in Toybox.   Playing catch is a good one.   Most of the ones from the Best in Class category are good.  Some of the better ones all have to deal with something you get from WA - sims sparring, breaking boards, snake charming.  I'm also a big fan of the Sims in Motion category.  Pillow fighting, graduation, wedding are nice.  If you go to do the one for pillow fighting and it just says Fight, that one is acceptable, too. 

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6189 on: October 20, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
Ok so one of my non-immortal sims got a wish to fight a mummy in Egypt and I let him... And he ended up cursed. He's married to a spare so at first I just wasn't going to let them have kids but now that he's cursed I'm tempted to let him die and give them a child. I really didn't mean for him to get cursed (he has a few points in the athletic skill) but is it ok if I just let him die now, or do I have to try to save him?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6190 on: October 20, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »
Ok so one of my non-immortal sims got a wish to fight a mummy in Egypt and I let him... And he ended up cursed. He's married to a spare so at first I just wasn't going to let them have kids but now that he's cursed I'm tempted to let him die and give them a child. I really didn't mean for him to get cursed (he has a few points in the athletic skill) but is it ok if I just let him die now, or do I have to try to save him?

It's your choice. He's a non-Immortal so there is nothing in the rules stating he has to stay alive.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6191 on: October 20, 2012, 06:19:31 AM »
Metro, wouldn't that be breaking this rule, though?

No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

Since you know that the Sim is going to die, it seems like intentional killing to me. It's not like a Sim is standing outside and suddenly gets hit by a meteor - that's random and you don't know it's going to happen until it does. With the Mummy, you know the Sim's going to die in 14 days unless you cure the curse.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6192 on: October 20, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »
I guess it's a fine line here. I'd feel differently if Ditndav had the Sim fight the mummy with the intent of getting cursed, the you're clearly trying to kill a Sim. But, I get the feeling it was an accident. In other words, I sort of do not look at the choice of not curing as expedited killing since getting cursed in the first place was not intentional. It's a tough call.

@Rica -- what's your opinion?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6193 on: October 20, 2012, 09:31:25 AM »
I say attempt to save him.  I mean I seem to remember that the mummy's curse lasts for a ridiculous amount of time before actually killing the sim, like 7-10 days.  It's been so long since I was cursed I don't remember.  Considering the length of time involved,  it almost feels wrong to say it's ok for you to wait it out.   I say attempt to save him.  If you have supernatural, get a cure elixir.  If not, go back to Egypt.   If you only had like 3 days to go through a very large tomb that's one thing, having a week or more?  Even if you didn't mean for him to get cursed, it feels like you are deliberately letting him die by not at least attempting to get into the tomb or to get the adventure to pop to do it.

Edit: Actually there are five known ways to cure the curse and I'm betting the cure elixirs work too.  And the curse lasts for 14 days.  I say cure him.

• The Sim must plead with the sphinx in Al Simhara, explore it completely, and use "cleanse" interaction on a special statue.
  • Rebuild both King's Sarcophagi - Blessed and Cursed, sleep in the Cursed Sarcophagus first (turning the Sim into a mummy) and then in the Blessed Sarcophagus. This can be done in the Sim's home.[Not an option in the immortal dynasty]
  • Buy a snake charming basket in Al Simhara. Cursed Sim can practice snake charming to unlock the option to upgrade to a King Cobra. Using the kiss from a King Cobra can cure Mummy's curse.
  • Get the moodlet manager lifetime happiness reward and click the mummy's curse moodlet.
  • Make the Sim meditate, this makes the curse vanish in a few hours.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6194 on: October 20, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
Okay, works for me. Thanks, Rica.

@Ditndav — go ahead and cure your Sim.