Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1456965 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8625 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
I just read through the rules again and I'm a little confused. Do both parents have to be alive when the heir is born or only when they try for a baby?

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8626 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »
It's only when they try for baby:

@Turoskel, Vinyl, honeylamb - This is how it works.  Both parents have to be controllable within the household at the time of the chimes.  This means the father and mother must both live in the house and then you can work on the nooboo.  There is no getting pregnant before moving in.  That's what failed Orange Iguana last time.  Should the spouse die before the baby is born that's fine.  Just hope that the spouse leaving a space in the household doesn't get you twins instead of a single.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8627 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
My 5th immortal is supermaxing material arts. She has completed all the skill challenges except 'Grand Master'. Her second opponent is of course a store clerk. He is always at work and therefor cannot be selected to fight. I have tried befriending him wile he is at work but the option to fight doesn't appear. I have looked around on net for solutions, but the only solution I have found requires to either delete him or move him into the household and out again. Both methods aren't allowed in an immortal dynasty.

Are there anyone who knows any other way to get around the bug? I would really really hate to loose this dynasty. She has just turned adult so there is a tiny chance I might be able to supermax another skill, but I  would much prefer not to take that chance.

I'm very sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're stuck with having to supermax another skill. :-\

SimBlip

« Reply #8628 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Hi, Pernille
Have you tried to invite this second opponent to your homeland? I found that merchants do not go back to their jobs after a visit and become available for sparring tournaments.
There are - of course - unfortunate accidents that could befall a reluctant spar contender while visiting your home town too...

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #8629 on: August 31, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
Hello, me again!

does anyone know if the no smelting ice sculpture challenge will apply only for new sculpture or does it apply for the one made before obtaining it?

i m on the run for one of them so...

thanks!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8630 on: August 31, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Hello, me again!

does anyone know if the no smelting ice sculpture challenge will apply only for new sculpture or does it apply for the one made before obtaining it?

i m on the run for one of them so...

thanks!

It only applies for new ice sculpture you make after you obtain that skill challenge.

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #8631 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
thx for your quick answer.

i had a doubt because i found it was tricky that the option to sculpt a ice sim appears always much more early as to have the challenge completed.

Back to my dynasty!

I started daycare to repopulate as advised to me, very nice activity, but my house is getting so huge (like 20 times the budget of the dynasty building challenge!)
Well didnt have any bug, load time is still correct, gaming is smooth and my 4th gen is coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #8632 on: August 31, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »
Hi, Pernille
Have you tried to invite this second opponent to your homeland? I found that merchants do not go back to their jobs after a visit and become available for sparring tournaments.
There are - of course - unfortunate accidents that could befall a reluctant spar contender while visiting your home town too...

Would this also work when the reluctant spar contender is a paparazzi?

SimBlip

« Reply #8633 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

Hi, Deklitch
I don't know. I've never had a paparazzi opponent in my games.
I have been able to have friendly spar matches with paparazzi, though.

It sounds ruthless, but when a dynasty son/daughter is as advanced in a skill as Pernille's 5th immortal-to-be is... Well, I'd be thinking of a double birthday for this guest, or a long swim in the pool.  :-\

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8634 on: September 01, 2013, 03:09:13 AM »

Have you tried resetting the paparazzi? I have a vague recollection of using resetsim on one then phoning straight away to challenge an opponent again, it's been a while though since I did that so I can't remember if it gave me the same one again or somebody else, I think somebody else as I did complete it.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8635 on: September 04, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
Hi, guys, I'm thinking of starting an all ghost ID (Immortals would obviously be turned normal upon reaching immortality) so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to deal with ghosts in an ID. Thanks!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8636 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »
Um, I'm not sure how an all ghost Immortal Dynasty would work...  Suppose you could start off with a ghost founder, then hope you get a ghost nooboo as your first born... biggest thing is, if any heirs die, then the challenge ends, so it's gonna be tough.  There might be a way to do it, but the Immortal Dynasty is more about getting to immortality.  Life States would be better to do the all ghosts.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #8637 on: September 04, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
There's enough ghosts in the cemetery to have all-ghost spouses - so that's a 50-50 shot... But yea, I'd be wary, too! Its hard to control where they can and can't go.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #8638 on: September 04, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
I wouldn't try to do any dynasty with all ghosts. They float around and get into everything. However, that said, no one needs to die so I don't think that would be a problem.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Pernille

• Townie
« Reply #8639 on: September 05, 2013, 03:35:39 AM »
A bit late but I just wanted to say thank you for all the replies.

I decided to super max charisma in stead since even if inviting him to visit would make him quit the job as a merchant I could risk the next opponent to be a merchant as well. With 20 matches to go it would be too time consuming and risky (bugs/glitches) to travel so much forth and back from Shang Simla. Charisma is proving refreshingly easy to supermax, but I have to make a plan B for the 8th immortal's supermax now.

Offline paskapytty

• Nooboo
« Reply #8640 on: September 05, 2013, 04:56:28 AM »
I have a few things on my mind:

1. You really need to update the rules on the main site! I started playing mine a week ago and had quite a lot of questions and decided to come ask them here, but after reading the updated rules on the first post, I found all of them (that I remember) unnecessary. And I think I've done some things wrong. But anyway, I don't care, I'm doing this just for my own entertainment, I don't care if I don't follow the rules to the very point.

2. Why is travelling banned before 2nd gen YA? And what's wrong with the travelling unmarried Sims?

3. Do I have to "lock up" my exclusive choices for the Immortals? Can I, say, take 8 LTRs, complete 10 opportunities, etc. and choose later, after eating Ambrosia, what are the exclusive ones? I think yes, but the bigger question here is, can I change them after eating Ambrosia for the first time? Eg. take LTR X as one of my 3 LTRs, eat Ambrosia for the first time, and later decide to take LTR Y and make it as my exclusive LTR to allow other Immortals to take the LTR X as well?

4. Do non-immortals' actions restrict Immortals' choices? Can they max any skill, career, take any opportunities, LTWs etc and not make those prohibited for Immortals?

5. I chose my first Immortal to be a scientist. He's an adult now, and he has done everything necessary to become Immortal except for the best friends, 2 portraits and super maxed skill. I know the scientist path wasn't very wise choice, as handiness, gardening and fishing are hard to complete, if I'm right. Well not that hard exactly, but to get all the seeds or catch all the fish, gardening and fishing requires travelling, which is still banned for me. And as I play with World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night, I don't know how to get Sea Sludge, Kissing Gourami and Sewer Trilobite in Sunset Valley. Handiness is hard also, because I can't come up with a way to fix 10 objects. My Sims have broken 2 on accident, but I don't have the time to wait for 8 more to break, as I don't have any Clumsy Sims on my household. My first Immortal is handy, so he won't breaking those machines either while tinkering on them. And I really don't have the nerves to check the community lots all the time, if some random Sim broke the toilet or whatever. So what do you guys suggest? I'm considering to give myself the permission to travel. After all I'm doing this for myself.

EDIT: well there's a chance to travel anyway, as my heir becomes YA quite soon, but I don't know, if I have the time, as my first Immortal will be nearly or not so nearly dead by then. But if my memory serves me right, the travelling freezes the Sims' ages for the duration of the trip, right?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8641 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »
I can answer some of those:

3. Yes you must lock them up. If you complete, say, the Fresco Fest opportunity and decide not to count it, a later immortal cannot count it as it is not unique. Once you've eaten Ambrosia, they are locked in, no changing them.

4. Nope! A non-immortal can do anything short of eating Ambrosia or performing a globally banned action.

Travelling stops the aging clock, but they can still die of accidents. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #8642 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:01 AM »
I can answer a few more.

2. I'm not entirely sure about the before Generation 2 thing, (that might simply be because it's easy to get a lot of money early on from that, but I don't think that's it) but the unmarried thing is simply a warning. World Adventures (especially when it first launched) was rather buggy, and could give unmarried Sims a spouse or children out of nowhere. It doesn't happen as much now, but it's still a threat.

5. Really cheap appliances break more than the more expensive ones. I'd buy a really cheap toilet, sink, or even shower, and repeatedly use them. Since they're cheap, they'll break more easily, and you'll have more objects to fix.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8643 on: September 05, 2013, 07:07:35 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll add to what has already been answered.

1. You really need to update the rules on the main site! I started playing mine a week ago and had quite a lot of questions and decided to come ask them here, but after reading the updated rules on the first post, I found all of them (that I remember) unnecessary. And I think I've done some things wrong. But anyway, I don't care, I'm doing this just for my own entertainment, I don't care if I don't follow the rules to the very point.

Thanks for the notice.  I've sent this to Carl to review.

2. Why is travelling banned before 2nd gen YA? And what's wrong with the travelling unmarried Sims?

It's banned in order to make the challenge harder.  It requires more strategy to complete the necessary requirements of the first generation if travelling is banned.  As already mentioned, there was a terrible bug in World Adventures that was targeting mostly unmarried Sims.  Husbands and children would suddenly show up in the relationship panel and it would cause a great deal of trouble.  I haven't heard of it happening lately, though.  Still, be sure to save right before your Sims travel.

3. Do I have to "lock up" my exclusive choices for the Immortals? Can I, say, take 8 LTRs, complete 10 opportunities, etc. and choose later, after eating Ambrosia, what are the exclusive ones? I think yes, but the bigger question here is, can I change them after eating Ambrosia for the first time? Eg. take LTR X as one of my 3 LTRs, eat Ambrosia for the first time, and later decide to take LTR Y and make it as my exclusive LTR to allow other Immortals to take the LTR X as well?

The requirements all have to be locked in and completed BEFORE Ambrosia is eaten.  No switching afterward.

4. Do non-immortals' actions restrict Immortals' choices? Can they max any skill, career, take any opportunities, LTWs etc and not make those prohibited for Immortals?

Non-immortals can do pretty much anything they want.  It is completely unrelated to the requirements of the immortals.

5. I chose my first Immortal to be a scientist. He's an adult now, and he has done everything necessary to become Immortal except for the best friends, 2 portraits and super maxed skill. I know the scientist path wasn't very wise choice, as handiness, gardening and fishing are hard to complete, if I'm right. Well not that hard exactly, but to get all the seeds or catch all the fish, gardening and fishing requires travelling, which is still banned for me. And as I play with World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night, I don't know how to get Sea Sludge, Kissing Gourami and Sewer Trilobite in Sunset Valley. Handiness is hard also, because I can't come up with a way to fix 10 objects. My Sims have broken 2 on accident, but I don't have the time to wait for 8 more to break, as I don't have any Clumsy Sims on my household. My first Immortal is handy, so he won't breaking those machines either while tinkering on them. And I really don't have the nerves to check the community lots all the time, if some random Sim broke the toilet or whatever. So what do you guys suggest? I'm considering to give myself the permission to travel. After all I'm doing this for myself.

If you mean you have to max handiness, gardening, and fishing in order to reach level 10 of the Science career, it's not necessary.  You can easily reach level 10 without maxing the skills.  Also, Science doesn't require the completion of any of the skill journal challenges you mentioned.  If I've misunderstood, please clarify.

To get the Sea Sludge, Kissing Gourami, and Sewer Trilobite, you need to click on water that is NOT an active fishing spot.  Say, for example, there is a pond with two active spots with the fish jumping out of the water.  Click somewhere between or away from those spots.  Also, baits are as follows:  Goldfish for Kissing Gourami, Minnow for Sewer Trilobyte, and Links for Sea Sludge.

EDIT: well there's a chance to travel anyway, as my heir becomes YA quite soon, but I don't know, if I have the time, as my first Immortal will be nearly or not so nearly dead by then. But if my memory serves me right, the travelling freezes the Sims' ages for the duration of the trip, right?

From what I understand, your first immortal candidate is very near completing the requirements for Ambrosia.  I don't really see a need for him to travel.  What exactly does the first candidate need that requires traveling?

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #8644 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »
Hurrah! I finally did it! I finished a dynasty!!

I played with all EP's to date, but turned off many of the functions, like weather, celebrities and supernaturals. I kept things simple. I opted for good old Sunset Valley, but with the advantages of University, I chose some somewhat different spouses. Every spouse was an elder, except for 2 - gen 7's spouse, and Lazarus's spouse.  I forgot to feed one mummy her watermelons, and ended up with one male, though a matriarchy was not my inital goal, I was disappointed.

The Abram family, on Week 44 Day 6 welcomed their 8th Immortal. For a nice finishing touch, she aged up to elder into the exact same hair has my founder started the game with. The museum value is $386,905 with paintings only. They are a bunch of insane fuddy-duddies - I didn't bother with the wardrobe too much by the end - my only goal was completion.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8645 on: September 05, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »
Congratulations Annika on finishing your dynasty.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8646 on: September 05, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
You really need to update the rules on the main site!

Sorry for any inconvenience that caused. I followed Pam's suggestion and redirected the page here, so that players can also easily seek support and pose their questions to the challenge team.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #8647 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
Thank you Nutella :) Do I need to add that I would like to be added to the HoF?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8648 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »
Congratulations, Annika!

No, you don't need to do that, just make sure to send a PM to Metro or ratchie or Rica (though I think she's on hiatus still?),  so they can update the HoF.

Offline paskapytty

• Nooboo
« Reply #8649 on: September 05, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »
Thank you all for the quick responses. I think I have to clarify myself a bit on Qs 3. and 5. I'm sorry, I'm not an indigenous English speaker, I don't have the skill to express myself shortly.

3. So if an Immortal does requirement X to eat Ambrosia, no later Immortal can do that (even just for its sheer benefit or for fun) nor can the former Immortal change his unique requirements in order to let other Immortal have those as well (again for their sheer benefit). Ok, I got that, but I'm still confused about one thing.

My first Immortal has taken 6 LTRs, so he's well beyond the requirement of three unique LTRs. Do I have to choose now which are the ones to qualify for the requirement? Or can I opt not to choose them and just have at least 3 unique LTRs and later have some other Immortals take some of those LTRs as well, as long as the first Immortal has at least 3 unique LTRs? Of course the mutual LTRs wouldn't be unique to the later Immortals either, but they could want them anyway.

LTRs was just an example, the same principle would work for any other requirements, wouldn't it?

5. The reason I have to travel is, because I have to Super-Max a skill. And because he's scientist, he's closest to Super-Max handiness, fishing and gardening, but I just can't decide which one to choose. Well handiness doesn't require travelling but the other two do, am I right? Good tips from Audren and Seabody. So I have to either buy cheap appliances and use them repeatedly and hope they break often enough, or wait till my heir is YA and travel to get all those needed fish/seeds and just hope my first Immortal doesn't die before it. Any other suggestions?

----------------

Did I make myself clear this time?