Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978841 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8625 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
I just read through the rules again and I'm a little confused. Do both parents have to be alive when the heir is born or only when they try for a baby?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8626 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »
It's only when they try for baby:

@Turoskel, Vinyl, honeylamb - This is how it works.  Both parents have to be controllable within the household at the time of the chimes.  This means the father and mother must both live in the house and then you can work on the nooboo.  There is no getting pregnant before moving in.  That's what failed Orange Iguana last time.  Should the spouse die before the baby is born that's fine.  Just hope that the spouse leaving a space in the household doesn't get you twins instead of a single.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8627 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
My 5th immortal is supermaxing material arts. She has completed all the skill challenges except 'Grand Master'. Her second opponent is of course a store clerk. He is always at work and therefor cannot be selected to fight. I have tried befriending him wile he is at work but the option to fight doesn't appear. I have looked around on net for solutions, but the only solution I have found requires to either delete him or move him into the household and out again. Both methods aren't allowed in an immortal dynasty.

Are there anyone who knows any other way to get around the bug? I would really really hate to loose this dynasty. She has just turned adult so there is a tiny chance I might be able to supermax another skill, but I  would much prefer not to take that chance.

I'm very sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're stuck with having to supermax another skill. :-\

SimBlip

« Reply #8628 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Hi, Pernille
Have you tried to invite this second opponent to your homeland? I found that merchants do not go back to their jobs after a visit and become available for sparring tournaments.
There are - of course - unfortunate accidents that could befall a reluctant spar contender while visiting your home town too...

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #8629 on: August 31, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
Hello, me again!

does anyone know if the no smelting ice sculpture challenge will apply only for new sculpture or does it apply for the one made before obtaining it?

i m on the run for one of them so...

thanks!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8630 on: August 31, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Hello, me again!

does anyone know if the no smelting ice sculpture challenge will apply only for new sculpture or does it apply for the one made before obtaining it?

i m on the run for one of them so...

thanks!

It only applies for new ice sculpture you make after you obtain that skill challenge.

Offline violaine

• Nooboo
« Reply #8631 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
thx for your quick answer.

i had a doubt because i found it was tricky that the option to sculpt a ice sim appears always much more early as to have the challenge completed.

Back to my dynasty!

I started daycare to repopulate as advised to me, very nice activity, but my house is getting so huge (like 20 times the budget of the dynasty building challenge!)
Well didnt have any bug, load time is still correct, gaming is smooth and my 4th gen is coming soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #8632 on: August 31, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »
Hi, Pernille
Have you tried to invite this second opponent to your homeland? I found that merchants do not go back to their jobs after a visit and become available for sparring tournaments.
There are - of course - unfortunate accidents that could befall a reluctant spar contender while visiting your home town too...

Would this also work when the reluctant spar contender is a paparazzi?

SimBlip

« Reply #8633 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

Hi, Deklitch
I don't know. I've never had a paparazzi opponent in my games.
I have been able to have friendly spar matches with paparazzi, though.

It sounds ruthless, but when a dynasty son/daughter is as advanced in a skill as Pernille's 5th immortal-to-be is... Well, I'd be thinking of a double birthday for this guest, or a long swim in the pool.  :-\

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8634 on: September 01, 2013, 03:09:13 AM »

Have you tried resetting the paparazzi? I have a vague recollection of using resetsim on one then phoning straight away to challenge an opponent again, it's been a while though since I did that so I can't remember if it gave me the same one again or somebody else, I think somebody else as I did complete it.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8635 on: September 04, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
Hi, guys, I'm thinking of starting an all ghost ID (Immortals would obviously be turned normal upon reaching immortality) so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to deal with ghosts in an ID. Thanks!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8636 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »
Um, I'm not sure how an all ghost Immortal Dynasty would work...  Suppose you could start off with a ghost founder, then hope you get a ghost nooboo as your first born... biggest thing is, if any heirs die, then the challenge ends, so it's gonna be tough.  There might be a way to do it, but the Immortal Dynasty is more about getting to immortality.  Life States would be better to do the all ghosts.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #8637 on: September 04, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
There's enough ghosts in the cemetery to have all-ghost spouses - so that's a 50-50 shot... But yea, I'd be wary, too! Its hard to control where they can and can't go.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8638 on: September 04, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
I wouldn't try to do any dynasty with all ghosts. They float around and get into everything. However, that said, no one needs to die so I don't think that would be a problem.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8639 on: September 05, 2013, 03:35:39 AM »
A bit late but I just wanted to say thank you for all the replies.

I decided to super max charisma in stead since even if inviting him to visit would make him quit the job as a merchant I could risk the next opponent to be a merchant as well. With 20 matches to go it would be too time consuming and risky (bugs/glitches) to travel so much forth and back from Shang Simla. Charisma is proving refreshingly easy to supermax, but I have to make a plan B for the 8th immortal's supermax now.