Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942131 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10245 on: March 15, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
Explain what you mean by dragging something into the trash.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Emrysthemay

• Nooboo
« Reply #10246 on: March 16, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »
My sim is in the cooking career, and she got an opportunity to wash five dishes. She was still living in the gym, so I had to drag the dishes out of her inventory in order to wash them, as I couldn't use the 'clean up' option from the inventory. While doing this, I accidentally dragged one into the trash. Being unable to retrieve it, I loaded a earlier save, which was right after I had accepted the opportunity. Realizing I had accidentally broken one of the rules of the dynasty, I rushed over to the gym and did everything the same, thus still failing the mission. So, what I'm asking is, can I still continue the dynasty?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10247 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
I'm ruling it as a fail. Sorry.

Offline Emrysthemay

• Nooboo
« Reply #10248 on: March 16, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
Ah, okay. I'll just restart, which I'm fine with, seeing as I would of had to have anyways. (I didn't get my YA portrait.)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10249 on: March 17, 2015, 12:38:13 AM »
Hmmm, that would do it too. :P

I wish you luck for next time, though! And my biggest tip is to ask questions before assuming what you can do in tricky situations. A lot of fixes and rule-bends (to an extent, anyways) are legally given only when you ask us for them.

Offline Emrysthemay

• Nooboo
« Reply #10250 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »
Hehe, yeah, hopefully this Dynasty will fair better than the last one. I'm starting in Appaloosa Plains this time, which I just like more than Sunset Valley.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10251 on: March 24, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
Hi, got a few questions.

Just wondering if the no opportunities bug from Into The Future has been fixed yet? I haven't bought that expansion yet or played for about a year so I have no idea if a fix has been released for it yet.

In my current non dynasty game, I have a couple of weird glitches. One of my sims had his hand stuck in a weird position and a townie sim went invisible on a community lot. I'm just wondering if the Reset Sim cheat is allowed to fix these kind of things or not. (Actually I have no idea what to do about the invisible sim).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10252 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
The last patch for the game came out over a year ago and it didn't fix the issue. I didn't buy the EP either specifically because of that.

ResetSim is allowed whenever it is needed to fix something. You don't even need to ask.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10253 on: March 24, 2015, 11:02:44 PM »
Re Into The Future Bug. I am not finding it too bad. With both my 'Grammar' Family and my 'Avengers' Family, I'm playing it on my laptop on which neither Showtime, nor Seasons nor Pets installed. Personally, I find it running a lot better without those three expansion packs, as I always found seasons annoying (and had it permanently on summer) and I never really got the handle on playing with pets. I don't even try to supermax any of the instruments, and so far I'm finding I'm having more than enough opportunities through work/school/special opportunities for the first three generations.

Gen 1 of the Avengers did most/all law enforcement career opportunities, Gen 2 did alchemy mastery and most/all business career opportunities, and Gen 3 has completed two of the secondary school opportunities and will do opportunities from his work. I'm doing my best not to let any of them do celebrity opportunities, as I'm leaving them until about Generation 7 and street art skill/appraisal career opportunities are being left for Gen 8. (though please do act surprised when we get there and the Gen 8 supermax is revealed).

To date Avenger Immortals have completed opportunities from Business and Law Enforcement (Forensic Branch) Careers. Painting/Fishing/Gardening/Cooking are all being left as open skills, so a latter Immortal can pop into Cooking if necessary. As is my usual practice, most of my immortals are doing Self Employed Careers as their qualifying level 10 careers and then swapping into a rabbithole career for opps and goodies.

There are lots of careers remaining for me to choose from, and at this stage don't see that I'll have that much of a problem with opportunities. 48 opportunities are needed and counting the list of opportunities at this page http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Opportunities there seems to be many more opportunities through the various base game rabbithole careers than 48.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10254 on: March 27, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
I'm going to try to continue this now that I have my comp fixed and a new video card. I have a question though. On having 6 best friends, do they all need to be simultaneous or can the sim have them and they count towards the goal even though they die? My sim has 2 best friends right now, but they're elders. Thanks!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10255 on: March 27, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
They need to have 6 best friends at the time ambrosia is first eaten. They need to be bfs in the relationship panel. This is explained on the first page of this thread better than I'm explaining it.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10256 on: March 27, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Ragonoid

• Nooboo
« Reply #10257 on: March 28, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »
Is it too late to sign up?  Also, how do I prove information in challenge?  Thanks!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10258 on: March 28, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
No signing-up necessary and it's never too late. You can write and post a story or not. Look at The Sims Three Challenges Dynasty Hall of Fame for the sorts of things you'll want to keep track of. The spread sheet at the beginning of this thread is very helpful,

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10259 on: March 28, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »
Just to elaborate, I'm doing upkeep on dynasties and those who finish them probably until the forums go under. Which I hope isn't for a long, long time.

anything