Author Topic: Ghost sticking around  (Read 2207 times)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Ghost sticking around
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
So I've been playing the goth family for a little bit making the story go on and I moved them to the town that came with supernatural. Now this family has their own graveyard and before I moved they would pop up at night and go away at dawn. After I moved victor goth stayed around all day and he is still there. I had his grave on a pedestal with no stairs, I fixed that but he is still around. So then I thought well I'll just put his stone on the ground. No dice. Still around. Now 2 other family ghost are here too. Is there any way to make them leave? I can't move their stones because they're 'in use' and I can't ask them to leave because their stones are on the property. The ghost sound is starting to bug me and them using and breaking my stuff is annoying too since my maitenence sims never come in the front door they just stand outside and get paid anyway.  But that's another problem for another thread. So any suggestions on the ghost situation?

Edited*

Another thing I forgot to mention was the seeing of ghost causes my sims to cancel all their interactions and stop what they're doing to stand there and be surprised.  Also irritating. I don't want to babysit my sims more than needed.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Ghost sticking around
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »
Reset sim works on ghosts just open the console and type resetsim Victor Goth and he will go back to his urn, you can then move it off the pedestal, if you ever place an urn on a pedestal once the ghosts comes out to haunt they can't go back without a reset.

As for the ghost reaction can't do to much about that, I have a semi permanent ghost in my dynasty house, his urn is on a pedestal but occasionally if I have to reset the town he vanishes for a bit, but after the first time of seeing him again the household takes no more notice of him, the other ghosts though come and go and so often make the living sims drop their queue  ::)

Of course if they are bothering you that much you could always move them to the graveyard after you reset them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
Oh thanks! I didn't know the reset worked on ghosts that weren't in the family. I'm going to try it to see if it works.  ;D

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »
I would imagine the reason they are now up in the daytime is that in MF (town in SN) that the ghosts are up in the daytime, not restricted to just night time there.  Ghosts can be fun, but also a royal pain. 
If you want to keep them around, but not have them be a pest, put them in one of your sims inventory.  That way, if or when you move you will be taking them with you.  You can also control how often you want them to come out.  In a project family I am playing I set out the tombstones for the founders and have let them come out for my story.  As soon as the daughter-in-law dies, I will put the founders and their son with her tombstones back into the oldest inventory.  I want to keep them with the town jumps but not being a pest every night.

anything