Author Topic: Only the Future Knows  (Read 9568 times)

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« on: October 25, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »
Chapter 1

They were poor, homeless, and struggling.

Aubrey and Kendra lived on the outskirts of Twinbrook trying to make ends meet. Aubrey was the butt of every joke in the highschool. And Kendra was looked down upon as a failure of a parent. No job, no skills, and no one to turn to.

Family gone, and her daughter was the only reason she kept going, but she wasn't sure if she was even doing anything right for her.

Aubrey was depressed and had none of her natural luster, she used to be so vibrant and happy, but now she spent only her time sitting on the grass staring at the sky.

By now though, Kendra was terrified to tell her only child that she couldn't keep attending school, Kendra was out of money and couldn't afford it, so she was forced on that awful day to tell her.

"Aubrey, we're all out of money, we can't afford for you to keep attending school."

Aubrey was silent, her face was emotionless, and what little color was in her eyes left it. She lost everything that kept her going. Aubrey didn't want to admit to her mother what was always happening at school. Than god they didn't have a phone though, or else Kendra would find out that the last few weeks, Aubrey had been skipping school to avoid all of the awful things.

Aubrey only looked down, "Alright," she whispered tonelessly before walking away and sitting down at the edge of a mossy pond. She felt like life was getting worse and worse for her.

But that was before HE showed up and gave her the keys to a life she'd never imagined...

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Only the Future Knows
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
Oooo great start! I'll be reading this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 01:04:36 AM »
Chapter 2: The Stranger

Kendra was fishing when the ground began to shake, the pole slipped from her fingers and sank into the murky water. She spun around, looking fearfully around her, trying to decipher where it came from. She saw blue electricity gathering in a spot ahead of her, faint and small, but it grew brighter and brighter, shocking out and getting bigger. It exploded like a bomb, the ground shook harder, then it was done. What stood there when Kendra looked again was no electricity. It looked like a silver four legged dead spider. Curled up partially into a ball with smoke being emitted from the center like a fog machine. She swallowed and stared at it, terrified as the hair on the back of her neck began to stand up on end.

Aubrey was leaving the grocery store with a bag full of things for her mother. She knew how much her mom loved to garden, so she'd bought her a ton of vegetables to plant. While they didn't have anywhere to put them at the moment, Aubrey thought her mother would be happy for the thought. But then the ground began to shake and she fell over, she held tightly to the bag and curled up in a ball, waiting as her breathing increased fearfully. After several long minutes it stopped, people were walking by her, giving her strange looks, was she the only one that felt it? Was she starting to go mad?
"Ha ha! Look at Aubrey! What a freak!" she head from across the street. It was a girl in one of her classes. Aubrey got up, brushed the dirt off of her clothes and took off at a dead run back home.
When she arrived she found her mother staring fearfully at a shiny silver object that stood on the lawn of the lot they had bought with the last of their money. Aubrey stored the vegetables in her inventory and approached the object with no fear.
"Aubrey stop!" Kendra said firmly, but Aubrey continued towards it. Kendra hurried forward and grabbed Aubrey, "No, I'll do it." her voice shook as she spoke but she turned towards it and walked forward. She knew she had to be a mother Aubrey would do it anyways, but if Kendra did it, it would show her daughter that she was willing to put herself in danger over her daughter doing it.

Kendra approached the object and began to inspect it. Light flared from the center and she covered her eyes, but she didn't stop, for now her own curiosity was peaked. She saw a dark figure forming in the center of it and fear filled her, what was going on? What was she getting them into? She knew she had to stop. But just as she jumped back, a man fell out of the light. He stood up and brushed off his knees. He looked at Kendra and smiled easily, he was blushing ever so slightly. He had deep blue hair and glasses that were square and dark, but not like normal sunglasses one saw. He had pale skin and his clothes were deep blue and had neon lines on it, much like an outfit you saw in a scifi movie.

He then cleared his throat and looked at Kendra, his eyes traveled all over her face. "Oh my..." he murmured to himself. He quickly composed himself as Aubrey approached with wide eyes filled with glittering amazement, her color was back a little, she closed her gaping mouth as she approached.

"Greetings," he began as he looked at the two of them, "My name is Emit Relevart, I'm sure that I must have startled you, but I've come to tell you, that I'm from the future."

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »
Chapter 3: The Unknown

Kendra was very hesitant as she stared at this strange man who went by the name of Emit Relevart. Everything about him seemed so out of place, which supported his claim, but his words weren't real, they couldn't be. The thought of being from the future...how could that be true? The item he'd handed her when he introduced himself was square and silver. He'd called it a "Time Almanac."

"Oh great woolly llamas," he muttered to himself as the portal flashed brightly. There were several tubes that shot out of it, Kendra shielded Aubrey instantly, when it was gone they looked around and then back at Emit, "My time portal just hit a flux in the time continuum, would you be so kind as to collect the power cells so I could be on my way?" Kendra nodded quickly, the sooner she got rid of this weirdo the sooner she could return to her normal life.

Once Kendra was busy gathering up the power cells, Aubrey got closer and began to shower him with questions about the "Time Almanac" and the future. She was so intrigued, she wanted to see it all, she wanted to go to the future too.

"The air is nice and crisp in the future, not like your hometown, but don't be afraid to go out and do some exploring," he said encouragingly.

Kendra returned and handed Emit the power cells, as he turned to the portal he glanced back at them, "You should come along, I know you'd love it there."

Without another word Emit disappeared in a flash of light. Aubrey instantly turned on Kendra, "Oh mom can we? Please? It would be so cool to see the place, maybe we'd find some of our relatives in the future, or maybe even get to see how things are made or even-"
"Alright," Kendra said quickly, she knew there was no point trying to dissuade Aubrey once she had her mind set on something. Plus, it was something about the way that she had been brought back to life, so to speak, by the portal's appearance. Maybe this would give Aubrey just what she needed to know things weren't bleak in the present as well.

Aubrey squealed in delight and grabbed her mother's hand and wheeled her towards the portal, they both faced it and took a long deep breath before stepping into it. The electricity was cold as it danced along their skin, it was an astonishingly amazing feeling as they were pulled out of the present and thrown headlong into a life that would change them forever.

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »
Chapter 4 - The Beauty

They arrived in a bright land with tall buildings reaching up into the sky. The portal landed them on top of a grassy area, after awhile, Kendra realized that they were standing on a roof covered in grass. This astonished her, her green thumb side told her that meant they could do gardening off of the actual ground.

She squashed that though, she didn't want to like the future, she wanted to remind her daughter that things in the present were better than the future. She watched as Emit handed Aubrey a jetpack and she took off, zooming around and around. Aubrey looked so excited, and it made Kendra want to cry, she had to remind herself to prove to Aubrey that she was better than the future, that the future was what you made it.

Aubrey could see so much from the sky, she was staring around with her heart pounding from excitement and adrenaline. She could see her mother's face screwed up in what she thought was excitement as well. Aubrey let out a laugh of exuberance and continued to fly until she started to feel nauseous.

When she landed she stared up at Emit who gave her instructions in order to get used to the city. "Go meet a plumbot and ask it to explain it's function," he said, she nodded and instantly took off, he had pointed out where the Bot Emporium was, so she figured that would be the best place to start. When she arrived she landed not so gracefully on the ground though.

She quickly got up, brushed herself off and ran inside to the most amazing place she had ever seen. There were many bots walking around, she found one behind a counter and felt that would be the best one to talk to, she approached the plumbot and it turned to face her, it was bright yellow, and the name it had on its chest was Beta. She swallowed hard and smiled at him, they shook hands, his hand was cold steel and made her shiver ever so slightly.

"What is your function?" she asked softly.

"Limitless Learning, Sentience, Algorithmic Artist, and HandiBot," it responded in a mechanical voice, it was low and digital. But this merely excited her, she wanted to learn more. So as she received a call from Emit asking about it, she was thinking harder and harder about how to learn about these amazing things."

While Aubrey was off discovering the city, Kendra decided to go search for her descendents. She checked a map that she found and took the Zephyr transportation to go to the address, only to find that they weren't home. She saw a small note that read "Bert, we've gone to the cemetery, meet up with us when you return from your friend's house."

She decided to follow this advice to this "Burt" person and headed off to the cemetery by cab, she arrived there and found a woman with large hair that spiked up in the back. Kendra approached this woman and said, "I'm looking for Elisabeth Lowly, do you know where I can find her?" she asked.

"That would be me sweetie," she said in a kind, high voice as she smiled, "What can I do for you?"

"This may sound weird, but I'm from the past, and you're one of my descendents."

This took a moment to set in, and then she seemed overcome with joy as she clasped her hands to her face and squealed in delight. "This is so amazing!"

They wrapped their arms around each other in a tight squeeze and then Kendra began to ask about why she had such a small family, and why their house seemed so poor.

"Well, my family was never rich, they didn't do much for the community, as for my household being so small, I was just never much a family oriented person, plus I had such a small family to begin with, I never really thought about having a very big family."

Kendra thought this over after she left, she could help her descendents and give them a decent lifestyle if she returned to the future and changed her living situation up. She could get a good job, make a decent living, and hopefully get Aubrey back in school so she could grow up well too.

Kendra was so immersed in these thoughts, she didn't notice when she walked into an extremely handsome man. "Oh, I'm so sorry," he said, his voice was like velvet, smooth and comforting, she stared up into his beautiful eyes and felt herself begin to melt beneath his gaze.

"N-No, it's my fault, I wasn't paying attention, I'm terribly sorry," she felt herself begin to blush. He smiled, "Would you please allow me to drive you to your destination as an apology?" he asked, she hesitated and nodded. She knew it was stupid to get into a stranger's car, but she felt so comfortable around him. He walked her over to a sleek car and held the door open for her, she got in, the car was vibrating beneath her, the seats were warm and plush. She was staring around in amazement when the man got in.

"I'm Gregory by the way, Gregory Langraab."

She gasped lightly, the Landgraabs were famous in her hometown, not that she ever socialized with them, but here she sat, talking easily with a Future Landgraab, and he wasn't looking down on her like scum like everyone else did.

"I'm...I'm Kendra Lowly," she replied softly, her last name was usually something people used as mockery on her, the Lowlys were lower than anyone.

"What a lovely name, it matches your eyes," he said smoothly, she blushed brightly as he began to drive. It was a very smooth ride, she noticed after awhile she couldn't even hear the tires on the ground.

"Is...is this a hover car?" she asked gently as she looked over at him.

He smirked and nodded, "The latest model my lady," he replied in his velvety voice.

Too soon they were at the center, she waited a while before looking at him, "Would...would you like to come in?"

He flashed her a bright smile, "Sure, thank you very much," he said as they both unbuckled they looked up at the center, "So your staying here?" he asked as they walked up the steps towards one of the tubelike elevators.

"Yes, with my daughter," she replied, he gaped at her in astonishment.

"There is no way a woman as gorgeous as you already has a child," he said with a charming smile, she blushed and nodded.

"It's true, and she's quite intelligent for her age."

"Oh? What is her age?" he asked as they entered the tubes.

When they got out she looked at him, "She's a teenager actually," his eyes widened ever so slightly.

"No way, your too gorgeous to have a kid, let alone a teenager."

Their conversation continued on and on, well into the night, after a while things started getting a little heated as their first kiss happened.

After he went home though, she went to bed with Aubrey as if nothing happened, but she was so happy that she couldn't stop grinning.

But the next morning, things changed. He wouldn't answer her calls, he wouldn't text her back, nothing. When she finally got through though, a woman answered, claiming to be his wife.

Kendra hung up immediately she went to find Aubrey, whom Kendra discovered had created a Plumbot, she had named her Biz.

Kendra ignored this though, "Grab your things. We're going home. Now."

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 11:13:52 PM »
Chapter 5 - Unexpected Lifeform

Upon arrival at their home, Kendra was in shock and looked at Aubrey in surprise who seemed rather sheepish as she approached her, Aubrey had changed up her appearance while they were in the future, she now sported the futuristic clothes and a new hairstyle with blue tips and highlights. Kendra was almost as shocked about this, she hadn't really paid that much attention to her when they left, she was very preoccupied. But now, there was a house on the once empty lot, Aubrey looked at her mother and smiled sheepishly.

"I made a little money off the stuff that Emit was having me do around town, so I asked him to bring it here and build us a small house with it. It's not much, but it gives us a shelter"

Kendra didn't know what to say, her daughter was being so thoughtful...

Kendra went inside without a word, she went into a spare room just off the side and set up the surprise she got for Aubrey, which was a bot building station from the future, she'd also gotten herself an art easel and a holographic plant. On top of the roof she noticed grassy rugs, that was something she hadn't gotten from the future and was rather confused about.

"I asked Emit to also put those up there so you could do some gardening for while we were here," Kendra looked at Aubrey, it was as if she had read her mind, but the light in Aubrey's eyes merely made her feel guiltier by the second. Kendra had no intentions of returning to the future, and she wouldn't be letting her go back either.

Kendra set up the easel behind the house so Aubrey wouldn't be able to see how she was making her money. Kendra was a little ashamed, and she started avoiding Aubrey all the time now, so Aubrey couldn't see her growing stomach. Kendra had been impregnated by Gregory, which was part of the reason she was so afraid to go back to the future. She couldn't face Gregory knowing he had a wife, and possibly other kids with that woman.

She spent most of her time at the library now, reading books about pregnancy so she could get ready for the new baby, she still couldn't face Aubrey though, so she had no idea what was going on, and how big this change would be. But would it be any easier if Aubrey knew that Kendra had been seduced by the future, and now she felt as though she weren't welcome there anymore? Maybe she wasn't, just like everywhere else. This was the same mistake she had made before, this was exactly how Aubrey had been made. A drunken one night stand that led to her running away in shame with her new daughter growing in her stomach.

Kendra began to grow bitter, so one of the days that Aubrey was off at school, Kendra summoned the time traveler and began to ask him on ways to change the future, she would help her descendents get better, but she intended for Gregory and his family to be miserable in the future.

"How do you change the future?" Kendra asked Emit when he arrived.

"Well that depends, Utopian or Dystopian?" he asked, "Currently the future is normal, I do need to collect some data though on all alternate timelines."

"Dystopian," she responded, her face darkening slightly.

"Well, it will take a while for us to manage it, but we need to cause some destruction and mayhem, start by using this meteor magnet, I'm assuming you can figure out what it does on your own, just point it at the sky."

Kendra did as she was told, once she attracted at least three meteors to earth she returned to Emit with her news. "Very good, at this moment, there is a doomsayer meeting happening at city hall, go attend it, it should help get some more information, and help find some rumors to spread around."

After that Kendra left to the meeting, afterwards she spent the day spreading rumors around to all the sims that the sky was falling. By evening she was exhausted, she had convinced at least five sims of the coming doom, but she knew she wanted to convince a few more, but decided to turn in for the night. She had been gone so long that day that when she got back she was exhausted, and she hadn't seen Aubrey at all, Aubrey was passed out on the bunk bed they had to conserve space. Kendra climbed up to her bed and fell asleep the instant her head hit the pillow.

The next morning Aubrey woke  up earlier than Kendra, Aubrey sighed and quickly got ready for school, it was really early while she was so busy her stuff together she hardly noticed her mother, how her mother was wearing maternity clothes, how round her mother's stomach was. Aubrey was so oblivious with her own thoughts that she couldn't pay any attention to her.

Aubrey was gone at school by the time Kendra woke up and started to plant her vegetables on the roof. It was rather strange, especially since they didn't have railings. But when she was done she went into town and started talking to all the sims, spreading more rumors and badmouthing the environment, many people were with her, by the time Kendra got home, Aubrey was still awake though. They stared at each other for a long while, Aubrey had big eyes. And then a pain like no other struck, Kendra as her water broke and she went into labor.

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »
Kendra, Kendra, Kendra. You just had to have his baby didn't you. Yay nooboo! Can't wait to see him/her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »
Chapter 6 - The Future is Wrong

A couple days after the new baby was born, Kendra had named her Digi, Aubrey put together a  Robonanny trait chip. Once Aubrey fixed Biz with it she had set a plan in motion to visit the future. With Biz able to take care of Digi while they were gone, Kendra couldn't use it as an excuse, for that was what she had been saying was holding her back, now Kendra would not be able to tell her no.

It had worked like a charm once Aubrey cornered her behind the house where there was the painting easel. "Mom, let's go back to the future. Biz can take care of Digi while we're gone and we can see if having her has affected our descendents at all."

Kendra had really wanted to see how Digi's birth had affected Elisabeth and them, so she reluctantly approached the now yellow portal, it had changed colors ever since she changed the future with Emit's help.

"It wasn't that color before, was it?" Aubrey muttered nervously as she eyed the portal.

"Oh, who knows what made it change colors," Kendra said, brushing it aside, she knew it was her fault, but she had done this for another reason, if Aubrey didn't like what she saw, then maybe she would avoid going to the future ever again. She would allow this final trip into the future, but then she would be done, and she would deactivate the portal once home again. Digi would grow up normal, maybe they would move to another town so Aubrey could finish school. Kendra hadn't really noticed that Aubrey stopped attending school lately.

But when they arrived in the future, Aubrey was actually terrified. Could Digi's birth actually have done something this horrible? Aubrey stared around her as lights above began to flash, they quickly ran inside as meteors began to shower down on them. Aubrey saw the horror in Kendra's eyes. This wasn't the future they were in before. What happened in the few days they were gone?

Kendra was astonished at what she had done, she hadn't realized what had happened here when she made this place Dystopian, but the fear in Aubrey's eyes made her feel like she had done it right, now Aubrey wouldn't want to keep coming back here, she hoped.

Aubrey immediately went to talk to Emit about the future they were in, he explained that it was a dystopian future and that it was dangerous because of meteor showers and dangerous rifts that held valuable objects. Aubrey took off to the bot factory to see what had changed about that wonderful place. Which thankfully wasn't much, merely that everysim there now smelled like they never bathed, which was probably true.

While that was happening though, Kendra decided to spend some time at the center and do some painting, but another meteor show struck and she was forced inside, during this time she decided to learn a little more about advanced technology. Which to her surprise was very intriguing. She forgot however to go see her family, but as she crawled into bed, she decided that would be a trip for the next day.

When they awoke the next morning she felt more invigorated than before, Kendra got up and showered and then went straight out to her descendents' house. Where she found a few more children living there, it seemed that Digi's birth brought along some new family members. Kendra wanted her descendents to have a large family, and so quickly decided to do whatever she could to encourage this.

When Kendra arrived back at the center she began pulling objects from the sky again, hopefully this would further discourage Aubrey from coming to the future anymore.

A while after Kendra stowed away the magnet, Aubrey walked outside, they were standing by a rift. "Mom, this isn't right, we need to talk to Emit to see if we can change the future back to what it was," Aubrey said with concern in her eyes, "This place is so unhealthy for the people here, and some of them are eating bugs, or catching three eyed fish. This is so wrong!"

"Aubrey, you know we can't do anything to set this right," Kendra lied smoothly, trying to keep the glee out of her voice. While her descendents may not be living the dream, this meant that Aubrey would stay in the present with her, and the Landgraabs would be forever upset in this life. It was so worth it.

"But mom-"

"No, you'll just have to get used to the fact that this is the future."

"Fine," Aubrey snapped before going to the rift, "Then I guess I'll start by doing this." she jumped into the rift and Kendra screamed.

"Aubrey! Get out of there!" she cried as tears fell down her face. There was no response, only fire flew out of the rift and Kendra began to scream and cry even louder and harder.

Suddenly Aubrey came back up and Kendra ran over and hugged her tightly. "Aubrey, don't ever do that again!" she said scoldingly.

"Then tell me why you did this!"

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:10 AM »
I love dystopian futures, I can't wait to see if Kendra will change her mind and go for a better future - even if it means the Landgraabs will still prosper.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
This is really good! I can't wait for another update.

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
Chapter 7 - Regret

Kendra hadn't spoken to Aubrey for days after the incident, Kendra was feeling so guilty for attempting to deceive Aubrey. Aubrey had been spending her time working off her frustration by making another bot and some trait chips for him. She'd named the bot Bolt, he had been created for Kendra, but she didn't know that, Kendra still hadn't seen Aubrey, she was beginning to worry about her.

But finally, one day Aubrey met up with Kendra, her eyes were cold, and all she said was, "I want to go back to the present." Aubrey's heart did a flip, she was so excited that Aubrey didn't like the future anymore, that this meant they could go back to the way things were. "I don't like what you've done here. And you're going to set it right."

Aubrey had a lot of time to think about what she was going to say to her mother about this whole situation. She wanted things to be changed, and Aubrey intended for Kendra to talk to Emit once they were back home so she could undo this whole mess. This whole timeline flux had completely messed up what she'd planned to do with her life once she got the opportunity. Aubrey was coming back here, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. Her mother could either do it now, or Aubrey would and never come back.

But without another word, Aubrey took Bolt and returned to the present, Kendra followed quickly after, when they returned they could hear Digi crying inside, nothing had really changed, Aubrey wasn't even sure how long they had been gone from the present, it had been at least a week over in the future, but it seemed as though barely minutes had passed. But it was Digi's birthday, and as they got home they witnessed her aging into a toddler.

Soon after they returned though, Kendra got a job as an architect for the houses around townn=, which mean that she didn't have that much time to do as Aubrey said, but that was what Kendra had planned, she had no intentions of letting Aubrey go into the future, let alone spoil Digi's mind with thoughts of the future.

But it was rather difficult to keep Digi from knowing about their ability to go into the future, since the ones who took care of her the most were the bots. And Aubrey was close to her birthday, she would soon be old enough to do it on her own, Aubrey would be able to travel to the future, and this terrified Kendra beyond no belief. She would be losing her daughter to the beauty of tomorrow.

A couple nights before Aubrey's birthday, Kendra summoned Emit from the future, and asked him how to change it again. He responded by telling her to merely spread cheer and make sure that people were happy. This would surely make things better.

Kendra knew what she had to do, Kendra knew that Aubrey would resent her for the rest of her life if she didn't set things right. So she quickly set about putting things right. She went to spread the dew that Emit gave her that changed other sims to a different color of the rainbow, she even ended up putting it on Aubrey, who had no idea what was going on.

But finally, that night, she introduced the dew into the environment, it was the night before Aubrey's birthday, and Kendra had an idea.

The night that everything finished, Kendra woke up all the bots, and Aubrey and Digi, and she took them back to the future.

On arrival, Aubrey thought she was still dreaming, that maybe the portal had gone all wonky, because now in the future, there were rainbows over head, blue and pink trees planted all over, and the once murky brown waters were blue as the sky. Everything was different, she looked to Kendra, who had an incredibly smug smile on her face. Aubrey's face lit up, this future was better than the last, it was Utopia!

Aubrey practically jumped into Kendra's arms and hugged her tightly. "Happy Birthday," Kendra murmured to her daughter lovingly. She knew this was what she was meant to do, she knew she was supposed to stop caring about herself so much that she would let the bitterness in her heart change her. Again.

Kendra gave Aubrey the money she'd been saving up from the paintings she'd sold, "Go wild," Kendra said before taking Digi from Biz's mechanical arms and hopping into a taxi, it was time for a visit that was long overdo.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 04:11:55 AM »
Good on you, Kendra. Digi is adorable, can't wait to see the Landgraabs reaction.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 07:15:50 PM »
Digi so so adorable. What an amazing birthday present!

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
Chapter 8 - Surprise

The whole day Aubrey spent at the bot emporium, she was so excited to be in this new future she couldn't tell what she loved the most. Here she was, her mother off doing what she felt she needed to do, while Aubrey was off following her latest passion. Robots.

She tuned up a few robots that seemed like they were malfunctioning, and they actually paid her for her services, this was something she never expected, she new she really wanted to help bots at this point and time. But, although this future was wonderful and whatnot, she couldn't help feeling like the original future that she was first introduced to, was the future she wanted to live in. She knew she wanted to get back to the present so she could set everything right. But then again, it had been Kendra's fault everything changed. So Aubrey decided she should set things right. Maybe it would be a surefire way for Aubrey to know that Kendra had forgiven the future for what it did to her.

Aubrey discovered several more trait chips for her bots, and out of her excitement she ended up creating a musical trait chip for the bots. She hadn't decided yet who she was going to give it to.

But that evening when she returned, she found several things that surprised her. Kendra was curled up on the couch with Digi fast asleep in the crib beside her, and she was holding hands and cuddling with the Landgraab that she assumed knocked her up. Aubrey also saw the ring glistening on her finger.

"Aubrey, I have big news for you. Gregory and I are married now." her eyes were lit up as she spoke, and Gregory looked so content at her side, the look in his eyes was the look of complete bliss.

Aubrey's mouth dropped open, "We also are ready for your birthday party," Kendra said quickly, she saw the look in Aubrey's eyes, she wasn't sure how to feel if her daughter hated her for this. Kendra had been almost as surprised when she showed up on his door with Digi in tow, she had explained Digi's coming to the world, and he almost instantly dropped down on one knee, claiming he wanted to do things right and be there for them. Kendra accepted and they had a very quick private wedding. Now here they were, married and getting ready to start a life together.

Aubrey's contempt passed quickly. If he was willing to make up for what he did to her mother, than she wouldn't get in the way. She noticed that he was carrying around a Laser-Rhythm-a-con, and she knew instantly what to do. Without saying a word, she ran from the room and found Bolt. With a quick adjustment to his trait chips, Bolt was ready to help the growing family.

When Aubrey returned to her mother and Gregory she brought Bolt in tow. She looked at her mother and said, "This is my gift to you. All I ask for my birthday, is we return the future to what it was when we first got here. That was what it was supposed to be, that is what it is supposed to be."

Kendra looked thoughtful for a minute before smiling. "Alright."

A few moments later, Aubrey aged up into a young adult, with a quick appearance change, aubrey felt that she was ready for the future.

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Only the Future Knows
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
Chapter 9 - Fixing Mistakes

Dear readers, before I get too far into this part, this story is going to be incredibly short, I do apologize, I may do a sequel part, I don't know at the moment. But there will be a few more chapters (and when I say a few I mean like...two maybe (including this part)) and I will wrap things up. But look forward for any updates I give later on. I'll have links in my signature if you want to read my other stories. But enjoy, like I hope you have <3

They were soon back in the future, the house was small and crowded for the large family. Two bots, a toddler, a married couple, and a young adult daughter.

Aubrey knew where she would be with her life, and it seemed that Kendra had decided where hers would lead her. Kendra put things right by Aubrey, she summoned Emit Relevart the moment they arrived, while Aubrey bought some new beds for them with the money they won from the lottery. Emit told Kendra how to fix the future, so she went straight to the military base and swapped out the dew samples. Upon doing this, Emit appeared as a hologram with excellent news.

"Kendra, the timeline is fixed, and they've even erected a statue in your favor!" Emit exclaimed, his voice was digital as he spoke to her. Kendra was very astounded about this.

"Why did they do that?" she asked quickly.

"Easy! Because you've done something that's only been done by one other person."

"Really what is it?"

"Why, change the timeline."

"Oh... I guess I shoulda realized that," she muttered a little embarrassed, "Who did it first?"

"I did!"

With that he was gone, and Kendra stood there with some pride in herself, for once in Twinbrook, she wasn't ashamed of what she'd done. She smiled and returned to the house where she discovered Digi had celebrated her birthday and aged into a child.

Kendra felt so drained from everything that happened since she got home that she went straight to bed and collapsed, unconscious before even hitting the pillow.

Aubrey was up a little later working on her bot skills, she knew when she returned to the future she would need this for work. She went to bed a little later, and the next morning when they awoke, they all sat down at the small table they had and began to eat breakfast, as a family.

"Alright, we need to talk," Kendra began, she had been thinking this over the night before on her way back home, she knew this was something that could possibly tear them apart so they would never see each other again, but it had to happen, and now was the best time to do it.

Spoons were set down, and all eyes were on her. Aubrey had a look in her eyes, she too had been thinking this over last night while she worked, but she had no idea what her mother was going to say, she had no idea what she was going to say would change everything in this family forever. Drive a rift as deep as time itself.

"Aubrey, I know how you feel about the future, and I've already made my own decision, and I need to know yours, what timeline do you intend to make your home?"

Like I said in the beginning, this will be one of the last posts for this story, they will also be fairly short, but this is my starter story technically, as in, the first story I write on here, so I may do another with one of the characters on this game. You'll have to see in the future.