Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 778380 times)

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #1215 on: October 03, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »
Hello, all, I'm hoping someone could help me out here since my building skills are apparently hopeless.

I want to build a craftsman-style log cabin -- this one:  http://www.precisioncraft.com/loghomeplans/Craftsman/Clearwater.html

My problem is the "unfinished room" moodlet when I build any sort of loft-type cabin.  I'm hoping someone has figured out a way around that!

I'm looking for the house to be built on 4 Beryl Ct. in Hidden Springs -- it's a 30x40 lot, and I'd like it to face the long side of the lot and snuggle up a bit to the water's edge.  Oh, and I have all EPs/stuff packs and a whole lot of cabin/craftsman style stuff from the store, so don't worry about items.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

Whew!  After hours and hours, I managed to do it!  THANK YOU SO MUCH Donatallo for your A-line roof tutorial!  I could have never done it without you.

Actually, I built it twice, because the first time I had it all done and then decided that having the back porch face the lake was a much nicer idea.   ::)

The main roof isn't as flattened out as the original house, but it works.  Still decorating, but I'm very meh on that as I'll just have to redecorate in game since my sims aren't rich.  If anyone is interested, I can post it on the Swap Shop with the kitchen done.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1216 on: October 03, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
I'd love to do this one too! (request 1) So, Supernatural content only? And what town?

I didn't mean to restrict the lots to Supernatural content, when I wrote 'easy on other packs' I was asking not to use other content in the core of the lot, meaning, not ok to build an entire room with World Adventures content or use an object that can only be found in Pets, but it's ok to use another EP's chair.

About store content no deal, sorry, but I'm too cheap (and broke) to buy any points at the store.

No specific town in mind.

I suggest you take a look at some of the entries on our most recent bulding contest, Fairy Forest as some entries would suit you needs.

Thanks. The Enchanted Wood works perfectly!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #1217 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »
Whew!  After hours and hours, I managed to do it!  THANK YOU SO MUCH Donatallo for your A-line roof tutorial!  I could have never done it without you.

Actually, I built it twice, because the first time I had it all done and then decided that having the back porch face the lake was a much nicer idea.   ::)

The main roof isn't as flattened out as the original house, but it works.  Still decorating, but I'm very meh on that as I'll just have to redecorate in game since my sims aren't rich.  If anyone is interested, I can post it on the Swap Shop with the kitchen done.

I'd love to see it, although I can't download it myself until I get my internet sorted out on my laptop.  :) My version is probably very different to yours, so I'd be interested to see what you did differently in comparison. I'm still busy decorating, but I've got the layout and walls and floors done, and have tested to see that everything works. I actually managed to set my simself on fire last night by testing the double fireplace in the great room. It works, it just needs a smoke alarm.  ::)  Also, no unfinished room moodlets so far, and the loft is really pretty cool. It's been a fun challenge and as soon as I'm finished, I'll post pictures on the showboat thread.  :)
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #1218 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
My greatest pleasure, Cedia
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1219 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
I'd love to see it, although I can't download it myself until I get my internet sorted out on my laptop.  :) My version is probably very different to yours, so I'd be interested to see what you did differently in comparison. I'm still busy decorating, but I've got the layout and walls and floors done, and have tested to see that everything works. I actually managed to set my simself on fire last night by testing the double fireplace in the great room. It works, it just needs a smoke alarm.  ::)  Also, no unfinished room moodlets so far, and the loft is really pretty cool. It's been a fun challenge and as soon as I'm finished, I'll post pictures on the showboat thread.  :)

Showboat thread!  That's what I meant!  :)  Here ya go:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1468.msg247915.html#msg247915

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #1220 on: October 08, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »
I have a request for a Indoor wedding venue which features marriage room and reception room which include dance floor.  No store items please.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1221 on: October 08, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
I can do it! I should be able to have it done by tonight. What lot size? And what expansions/stuff packs do you have?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skyla

• Esme Rose. 05.02.13
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Skyla-Bliss
« Reply #1222 on: October 11, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
Hi, :)

I really want a 'log cabin' sort of house? A wood themed house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, and a pond. If anybody can do this it would be great! I've been trying to build it, but building houses on the sims 3 isn't going well for me. :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1223 on: October 13, 2012, 03:33:03 AM »
Hi!

I would like a 4/5 bedroom house with 3 or more bathrooms to place in Union Cove. It can be single storey, but I would like it to have an upstairs. It must have a large garden, preferably fenced in and needs to have stylish bedrooms for their 2 young adult girls, 2 teenage girls and 1 teenage boy. Despite the parents being elders, they are still modern like the kids. It needs 1 parking spot outside and a garage with a keyboard, drum kit, bass and at least 1 guitar, preferably 2. (They are a musical family). Finally, they have a large dog which needs to be accounted for.

I have world adventures, ambitions, late night, generations, pets and town life. The only piece of store content I have is the fish tank. They have a budget of 180,000 simoleons, but they can expand to 200,000 if nessecary.

Thanks! Bubbles
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #1224 on: October 13, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
@m.sato,

Sorry it's taking me a bit long to build your house. I'm just a little busy and don't have much time to play. It's almost finished though, so hopefully I'll be able to upload it sometime tomorrow.  :)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #1225 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:04 AM »
Hi! I have a request please.

I want a office complex. It may be a community lot or a residential lot, i'm not particular there. A shell would be enough, though some basic furniture would be awesome.

Basically, i want my office complex to take pictures for my story. So will have to have a city hall office, business office and newpaper office plus a conference room and manager's cubicle. A reception area, cafeteria, doctor's office and military office would also be great.

And any additions you think best.

As I said before, furnishing is not a must. Just the floors, plumbing and wall covering would be enough.

The theme would preferably be modern and minimal, bu definitely may change according to the office.

Lot price and size can be anything. I actually don't want massive offices, but rather places with a realistic background.

Thank you in advance:). Just PM me if you need further clarifications.

It would be such a great help in fact. It is essential for the story and I really hate building.

EPs: Base. Ambitions, Generations and Pets
No SPs
Compatible custom and store content are OK.

Thank you in advance.

Just bumping this. Any takers please?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #1226 on: October 15, 2012, 02:31:11 AM »
Just bumping this. Any takers please?

i'd have done it centuries ago but my pc's down. Sorry.
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #1227 on: October 15, 2012, 06:09:39 AM »
i'd have done it centuries ago but my pc's down. Sorry.

sigh. Any chance it will be ok in the near future? :(
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #1228 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:13 AM »
Showboat thread!  That's what I meant!  :)  Here ya go:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1468.msg247915.html#msg247915

Argh! I'm about to lose what's left of my mind with this place! I FINALLY got the roofs to look like they're meant to, complete with modular landing stairs in the interior and a lot of threats to the game if it didn't start doing what I was trying to do. Go to test it out... and I get an unfinished room moodlet.  >:( And it's only in the open loft room. The rest are perfect. Even the double sided fireplace works properly! I can't fix it because the modular stairs don't allow me to close up the floor above with a roof. I don't know what more to do. I've got flat roofs, and half gables, and full gables and just about every type of roof there is on that house, and somehow, somewhere, I'm still doing something wrong to get that ridiculous moodlet. I could possibly change the stairs so I can close it up... but I like my stairs. I've got some ideas about how to maybe fix it that I will try after Kenjitsu tonight; but if they don't work I'm living with the unfinished moodlet. I like the rest of the layout too much to worry about some little piece of wall in the roof that any normal person wouldn't be able to see but that my sim picks up before she even looks around.  :-\

I should have the interior finished by the weekend depending on how much time I get to spend playing and how fussy I am and then I'll post it. Which is the original point of this post: I haven't forgotten about the cabin Cedia and will be posting it as soon as possible for you to have a look at.   :)
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #1229 on: October 18, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
sigh. Any chance it will be ok in the near future? :(

No, sorry... Not after the recent break-in... Yeah I've been hell-ridden the past month or so. I'm in serious trouble generally right now (circumstancially speaking) so the hole is deep. Digging my way out is gonna take a long time.

anything