Author Topic: New Venue/Premium Content: Grandpa's Grove with Grandpa's Grove Tractor  (Read 24433 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Venue/Premium Content: Grandpa's Grove with Grandpa's Grove Tractor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
I've noticed that even when you use the tractor, you have to go back and harvest what it missed. And, that's quite a bit.
There are some tips/tricks others are already reporting on, as well as a couple responses from SimGuruCopeland in this thread here

Additionally, some people are having problems with the 'mystery harvestable' (which others say is corn).

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
So after looking at that thread (thanks Bri!), it should harvest within 5-7 tiles from the track. Judewright - were your plants further away than that? If they were within that distance, I will be disappointed to hear that lots of harvestables were missed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 05:13:18 AM »
I will wait for a possible update of this premium content that fixes the missing corn. Maybe the Sims3 Store Team will repair this issue ...

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »
So after looking at that thread (thanks Bri!), it should harvest within 5-7 tiles from the track. Judewright - were your plants further away than that? If they were within that distance, I will be disappointed to hear that lots of harvestables were missed.

I was trying out the venue provided. I never thought to check how many tiles were there. Another time, I got lots of apples but there were still apples on the trees. Interesting.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »
I will wait for a possible update of this premium content that fixes the missing corn. Maybe the Sims3 Store Team will repair this issue ...
Officially, 'corn' was meant to be an Easter Egg, and only 'oranges' were meant to show up.  The SimGurus are certainly aware of the issue. 

I won't be surprised if there isn't a later DLC which will tie into this one, enabling corn, etc. 

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
Anyone else having major issues after installing it? I installed the package, haven't even tried to use it but since then my sims can't return from vacation, it freezes at about 96% loading and sits there for hours. I did a factory reset but haven't had a chance to try vacation with a new file yet.
- Jessica

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
My tractor harvests (most of) the apples but doesn't go around the house track to harvest from the veggie gardens.  I bought another tractor to do that part but my sim does the pathing issue yell.  Maybe the first tractor is in the way?  Any suggestions forum?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
I was reading the thread about the tractor at the official forums and it seems if a tractor is in use sims wont go over the track.

Also read something about rotating the T junctions with the haybales on near the fountain to make the tractor use the whole path.

It's here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/723730.page

Don't know how to link a specific post there but if you scroll down you will find one by SimGuruCopeland, the picture he refers to is on the previous page not the ones above his post.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »
I have been having problems getting the oranges. People on different forums say that they are available at the grocery store and also in buydebug.  I tried the grocery store quite a few different times and haven't got the option - and when I go and put the orange tree 'soil' from buydebug on the ground, it doesn't let me interact at all.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I know that there have been the same issues with the mystery vegetable, but no one, it seems, is having this issue with the actual oranges themselves.  Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »
Beardeaux had problems with oranges too. While it doesn't sound like the same problem that you have, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the entire set or going deeper and deleting DCCache (as per KRae's post in that thread) and then reinstalling all of your store content. Which is annoying, but occasionally necessary.

Sorry about the problems. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
Thank you Trip, I will try that now! Fingers crossed

Mappin

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 06:41:19 PM »
Hi KTK10,  Did you have any luck getting the oranges back after deleting DCCache? I am having exactly the same problem as you - no oranges at the store, they don't appear under Plants in the Collections Journal, and the buydebug orange soil just sits there, not growing or letting me interact with it.  Reinstalling Grandpa's Grove didn't help, so DCCache is next, but if it didn't help in your case, I may not bother.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 06:45:36 AM »
Hi Mappin.. It still isn't working for me  :'(.  I have been searching everywhere seeing if this is a common problem, but it doesn't look like it is.  I only downloaded the set last week.. I noticed that if there are any problems with this set in general, it started last week.  When did you buy it? I am hoping that I will not have to re-do everything again, but in the meantime, I am just enjoying using the tractor! ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »
Wow!  Lots of problems it seems.  I missed the sale on this item and have been waiting for it to go on sale again.  Maybe it's a good thing and they'll have the bugs fixed when I can finally get it.  It looks so cool and I know just where I'd use it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Mappin

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
Missing Oranges fixed!

While troubleshooting my broken MultiTab on this forum, I stumbled on the easy path to fix the missing oranges problem as well. The solution is a modified (and much faster) version of Trip's suggestion about deleting DCBackup and reinstalling all store content. The culprit is the ccmerged.package file within the DCBackup folder.

Simone23's post in this thread, http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10460.100.html, leads to NonaMena's solution here:  http://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/multitab-6000/.  Nona has a wonderful detailed explanation of the steps to repairing and reinstalling premium content, and if you read through to the end of her page before taking action, she also provides a perfect solution for the laziest among us (me!) by offering her good ccmerged file for download.  I simply emptied the contents of DCBackup, pasted her good file in, and voila, oranges!   

Thanks to NonaMena for the excellent explanation, detailed instructions and especially for providing a valid ccmerged file to download, and thanks to Simone23 for linking to her site. I've now got oranges! (and a functioning MultiTab, too)

I guess this answer could go into the technical help instead, but I wanted to be sure people know that the missing oranges problem isn't with Grandpa's Grove specifically. And as KTK10 mentioned, the tractor is a blast. What a boon for gardeners.

anything