Author Topic: My tritons and mermaids have NO tail!  (Read 38255 times)

Offline Tobey

• Nooboo
Re: My tritons and mermaids have NO tail!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »
Hi,
Finally i got a solution, which worked just fine (in my case with Mia Azul). She was not in my household, but this should even work for the case, that you control a mermaid without scale and tail yourself. Unfortunately you have to do that for every mermaid without a tail and scales. You just have to raise their stage of life through the testing cheats (or through natural aging). When they getting older, the game seems to recreate them, sothat the mermaid-state comes into effect. Before or after you do that you can set the stage of life through sim editing, sothat the resulting stage is the stage from where you started. I don't know if the sims need to be onshore, because my sims just celebrated a "birthdayparty". But this only took 30-60 seconds. So if you like experiments: test it in the water. Otherwise just make sure, that your sims are onshore.
Be careful that the sim, which you edit, does not reach the stage "senior" at any time, or he moves like a senior, unless you want a senior mermaid of course. But the senior movement can be fixed, too, through resetsim.

Now she swims like there never was a problem. So I don't need to wait a half day any longer :)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
Hi Tobey, I take it you are a new member.  I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.  Welcome.  Thanks for your post, it was most helpful.  I turned the testingcheats on but it didn't work for me in the water, so I signaled the mermaid Triton to land  (Shift & click on him) and then went to Edit sim.  In his case I made him a young adult (he was adult)  The only thing I did differently was after I changed the age, was instead of returning to edit sim to change the age back, I stayed in testingcheats, clicked on Triton and just triggered age transition.  So he had a birthday.  His legs turned to yellow scales.  I then went swimming with Triton and he had his yellow tail and scales.  That was great.  This was simple and effective.  Thanks so much.

The last time I lost all their tails, when I got them back all 4 mermaids had dark blue scales and I had to manually change all their scale colours.  It was a pain.  But I still don't seem to have the occult status option I had before.  A mystery.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tobey

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:54:16 AM »
Hi beardeux, thanks for your welcome :) It seems that I couldn't express what I wanted to :D The age transition is the neccesary step. The sim edit is to negate the other effect of age transition, but doesn't fix the problem itself.
But I am happy that this solution helped you :)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
I have since found two other mermaids and it worked great on them. Maya was a young adult, so I made her a teen.  Then had the birthday.  3 down and 1 to go.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline Tobey

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
I hope you finished your problem with the mermaids :)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
I found them all in one town and now I'm looking for them in my other two towns.  But the formula works great.  Thanks Tobey.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline Whatdoyoumean

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »
Okay so i was having this problem, no tails no scales etc then it hit me. Theyre supernatural. Sooo i added the supernatural expantion pack to the game and BAM tails errywhere. Just a thought if you havent tried that yet...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 02:54:51 AM »
Okay so i was having this problem, no tails no scales etc then it hit me. Theyre supernatural. Sooo i added the supernatural expantion pack to the game and BAM tails errywhere. Just a thought if you havent tried that yet...

In reply, I do have the SN pack, in fact, I'm pretty sure you *have* to have SN to see mermaids/men. None of my npc mer-people had tails or fins. I just did the occult remove/add thing, but am heading to bed now and will check it out to see if it worked tomorrow. If that didn't work, then there's the aging cheat method.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »
I just want to report back that it did work, but on my playable sim who was a npc merman (Salty Seaworth), he wasn't gettng hydrated in the ocean so I had to repeat the trick of removing the mermaid status from him and re-adding it. That worked. Other than that, it does work for the existing npc mermaids. However, there was a merman generated to replace Salty and he has no tail. I tried removing and re-adding on him and he still has no tail. : /  All others do. Go figure, LOL