Author Topic: My tritons and mermaids have NO tail!  (Read 38257 times)

Offline Sandrituky

• Nooboo
My tritons and mermaids have NO tail!
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »
I'm having a great problem with Paradise Island Expansion. What's this expansion without trytons/mermaids? What are trytons and mermaids without tails and scales?

I have my game sucessfully updates to v1.63, all seems to being perfect, except one important thing: Tritons & mermaid's tail and scales!
They have no scales outside the water, and they neither have tail into the water. It's like the game forgot to install those special clothes, but I reinstaled x8 times the expansion, and x1 time the whole game with all expansions.

I tried to change scale's color with NRASS Master Controller> Basic>Change Scale Color, then appears the CAS, but when I click on COLOR menu, nothing happens, nothing. I've also tried to change their special outfit, but there are no special outfit to show.

The game seems to detect the sims who are tritons and mermaids, because I can call them with the horn and speak about fishy thingies, but... they look like humans :(

Is this happening only to me? Someone know how to fix this?

So if you know or can imagine a possible solution, I would be glad to you to share with me ^^

Thanks for reading! I hope to search a easy solution, because I don't feel like playing with this bug T_T I feel really... aww D: tails are important for mermaids :(

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My tritons and mermaids have NO tail!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »
The only thing I could suggest, is that you have a mod installed that is causing it. If you have other mods, you might try taking them out and seeing if it fixes itself.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sandrituky

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »
I've tried already, 2 times D:

One time I removed them with the Paradise Island installed, other time I removed them with the Paradise Island uninstalled, and then I installed it. But it didn't fixed. I've also tried in a new game. T_T

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
I have no Mods installed and never have. I also have the same issue with the mermaids not having their tails and scales. I guess we will have to wait for EA to send out a fix for the glitch.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »
I have the same... except.... newer mermaids and baby mermaids created after the game has begun *do* have the scales and *do* have the tails.

It appears to be a NPC glitch

however using Nraas' Master controller I removed thier mermaid state and then re added it.... instant scales and fins

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »
I also have this problem.  I only noticed it a few days ago.  Do I have to have control of the mermaids to use NRAAS or can I use it when I see them, but am in control of other sims.  Where in Master Controller do I find the mermaid state for removal and adding?
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
If you go via the city hall menu you can access any sim under the sim menu, choose Intermediate - Occult: Remove and it should give you various options for selecting the specific sim, I think I found mermaids under type of sim (or) before now. To add it back it's under the same menu.

I first noticed this happen after the ITF patch, not sure if it's related at all but it seems their special outfit got messed up somehow, annoying thing is you cannot just do change scale colour to give them the tail back, which normally works, as there is nothing to change when they have no scales anymore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »
Hi Turoskel,  Thanks for the info.  I found my way through the menus.  I got the scales back for all four mermaids but all were dark blue.  Do you know if changing the scale colours also changes the tail colours.  I changed Maya's scale colours from Master Controller but I've not seen her yet in the water.  Hopefully, her tail will also have changed.  If she is ok, I'll change the others.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »
Great.  Thanks again.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
Yes you can remove / add a occult to a sim you don't control.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »
Thanks.  I did give it a try and it worked.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline ethyrdude

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
Tried to go through the steps as described by Turoskel - clicking on remove occult results in a script error, and the occult is not removed for set NPC sim also trying to reestablish occult results in another error, probably because the occult wouldn't remove in the first place.  Taking control of a sim and using MC to try and change scale colours does not work as the outfit doesn't exist.  Will figure something out, maybe give the mermaids and Tritons all blue skin, make them naked in the water and call it a day, its a game and certainly not worth stressing over.

Offline ethyrdude

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
In the name of research I went and made my self sim a merman or Titon as some call them.  Yes it was a brave sacrifice I realize but the end result was a merman with scales and a tail, so whatever issues the NPCs have is only related to those NPC mermaids.  So I can either go find them all, cure them then restore them to mermaidness, or leave them.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »
Hi, it's been a while since I played IP, but my mermaids again have no tails and when I tried to navigate the city hall/Master Controller/Sim/Intermediate/Occult... - I have no occult option to remove the mermaid state.  This worked for me once before but not this time.  I can only find occult under Add Sim which I don't want to do.  Even there, it doesn't allow for the change of status.  Has the menu changed or am I navigating the wrong area?
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.