Author Topic: Play for Tips Not Like It Used to Be  (Read 3393 times)

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
Play for Tips Not Like It Used to Be
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
I just noticed that whenever I play for tips around town, such as outside the theatre for example, I never seem to rake in that much money like I used to do. My Sim is level 10 with the guitar with a lot of performances under his belt. Still, very few people drop their money in the hat.

However, when I play for tips in the subway, that is where I get a lot of money.

Can anyone share anything about this? Thanks.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Play for Tips Not Like It Used to Be
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:08:06 AM »
Well, the subway has always been the way to make ridiculous amounts of money. It's possible that the most recent patch lowered the worth of tips, but I haven't heard anything like that, and I wouldn't be the one to know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
I don't have subways so can't comment on this.  However, I have found that some towns are far better than others.  The best, to my knowledge, is Sunset Valley, outside the theatre.  There is no change in the value of tips there where my current sim is playing for tips.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:43:43 AM »
Tips are based on your skill level. I found in LN that the Subways were the best, other places I had people watch me and dance etc, but not tip. I'm playing SV at the moment, and Central Park is decent, but the theater is the best, especially if you play before or after a show there.