Author Topic: I can't log in via the Game Launcher  (Read 3981 times)

Offline zena695

• Nooboo
I can't log in via the Game Launcher
« on: November 24, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »
So basically, when I launch my game, there is no welcome screen. Meaning that I can't log in and download items from the store or exchange. I first contacted Origin about this, and was told that it was because I have Norton Security Suite. I contacted Norton, had the representative temporarily disable the security, and I had the same problem. So I went back to Origin, and was told to download and install the latest superpatch. I did that, and am still having the same problem. I have a PC, some nraas mods installed, and all the expansion packs except the latest one. Wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen and if it can be resolved. Oh yes, I'm using Windows 7.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: can't log in via the game launcher
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
I had problems with that last year and ended up having to uninstall Norton completely. Then, I installed Microsoft Security Essentials which is free from their site. It works fine now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline zena695

• Nooboo
Re: I can't log in via the Game Launcher
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:15:10 AM »
That's really disappointing...I sought support from Norton this morning, and the customer svc rep disabled the security temporarily and I still had a blank welcome screen. I wish I knew who to complain to, because this is really irritating. Bottom line, it's my boyfriend's computer that he uses for his business, and he doesn't want to get rid of Norton. But thank you for the response.

Offline zena695

• Nooboo
Re: I can't log in via the Game Launcher
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
Thanks to a fellow site member, I found that doing a registry clean-up solved the problem.