Author Topic: Unsuccessful Stakeouts  (Read 13354 times)

Offline krissychan

• Waifu
  • Nooboo
Unsuccessful Stakeouts
« on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »
I'm level 7 in my Investigator careet track with level 8 Logic skill. When a job requires me to Stakeout, I do so, and always unsuccessfully. The sims show up, they talk, they exchange the paper, but nothing happens. My Sim just keeps hiding behind the bushes in her own little world until the Stakeout "fails". This happens for every single one. I spent literally 4 sim days in the place constantly doing the stakeouts and it still hasn't worked :(
I'm in a custom world, I dunno if that affects it at all? :(

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Unsuccessful Stakeouts
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
I've never gotten a successful stakeout either, and I last had a Private Investigator in an EA-made world, so I doubt that the custom world is affecting it. I rely on cases and skilling up in logic to carry me through the profession.

Also, since this is an Ambitions-specific question, I'm moving it to the Ambitions board. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline krissychan

• Waifu
  • Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:38 AM »
I've never gotten a successful stakeout either, and I last had a Private Investigator in an EA-made world, so I doubt that the custom world is affecting it. I rely on cases and skilling up in logic to carry me through the profession.

Also, since this is an Ambitions-specific question, I'm moving it to the Ambitions board. :)
Oh, alright. Sorry. I didn't know it was Ambitions-specific :P
also: I got the LTW to do 30 cases. It's proving to be quite the challenge considering 2/3 cases I get are the stakeout ones I can't complete :(

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
Yeah, that does kind of suck. :( I usually avoid that LTW. Even barring the stakeout issues, 35 cases is tedious and something I don't have the stamina for. I once had a sim who had it, but she gained LTHP is other ways.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »
Has anyone yet found a solve for this problem? It's driving me nuts.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
I think you just have to queue up a lot of stakeouts in hopes of a successful one. I played a PI recently, and despite my complaints about stakeouts earlier, she actually got some successful stakeouts! It just took a few tries.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
I noted that living in a medium or larger map will give you lesser chance for a successful stakeouts, because sims who will appear to be spied will take a long time to get to your place. I have a sims who have fulfilled pervasivr PE LTW, and i did it by ignoring all cases that included successful stakeouts

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 06:21:04 AM »
It has a lot to do with timing. The length of the stakeout is decided by the game so if the 'suspects' take ages to get there, then the stakeout finishes before your sim 'overhears' anything. Like sawadWiz said in a smaller map I find the stakeouts go really well and I can get quite a few done fairly quickly. Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains seem best for me. Isla Paradiso was hopeless.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.