GoslettM - Simta Claus is Coming to Town
8 (26.7%)
jillz - The Kringles
7 (23.3%)
ladybug53 - Noel - The Claus Family
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 17, 2013, 09:49:51 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 17 - Simta is Coming! - Two Winners  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 17 - Simta is Coming! - Two Winners
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

CAS Contests 2013:  17 - Simta is Coming!

The Situation:
As you're strolling through Central Park one day, you happen to overhear a conversation between two Sims.  They're on the other side of some bushes, so you can't see them, but you can clearly hear them.  And what you hear is distressing.
Sim 1:  "Did you know that in Dimension H, there is a magical fellow named Santa Claus who brings toys to all the children at Christmas?"
Sim 2:  "Really?  How wonderful!"
Sim 1:  "Yes.  And now that we have seasons in our world, we should have someone like that to bring toys to Sim children, don't you think?"
Sim 2: "Absolutely!  Equality for Sims!  I'll start a protest!"
You're shocked to learn there is no Santa in the world of Sims, and you resolve to do something about it.

Your Task:
Your task is to make the Christmas wishes of Sim children come true by bringing Santa to the world of Sims.  Of course, Santa - or Simta as perhaps we should call him - can't do everything all by himself.  He needs helpers.  So please create a household of three Sims:  Simta, Mrs. Simta, and an elf.  Simta and Mrs. Simta should be Elders or Adults with Aging Details on.  The elf should be a Child or Teenager.  Their appearance is up to you.  You can choose to make Simta resemble his human counterpart or not.  Will the new Simta wear the traditional red outfit or something entirely new, created by you for the Sim world?  You decide. 
Content:  Content from all EPs and SPs is allowed in this contest.  Absolutely no custom content or store content (other than free store items).
Screenshots:  Your entry thread may include up to 15 screenshots.  As always, one screenshot should be posted in this thread.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 29th November - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 12th December - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and ratchie.

*Special Note:  The idea for a Santa contest was first suggested by Snufflesxx in the Contest Feedback thread.  Thanks very much for the suggestion, Snuffles!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Re:Create-a-Sim Contest 2013:17-Simta is Coming!-Simta Claus Is Coming To Town
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
Simta Claus Is Coming To Town
by GoslettM

O! You better watch out!
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

Simta Claus is coming to town

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 17 - Simta is Coming!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »
        Noël
The Claus Family
by ladybug53

Expansions Used : University Life - Supernatural - Pets - Seasons - World Adventure - Generations
Stuff Packs Used : Movie Stuff - 70s , 80s & 90s

No CCs or Mods were used .

Simta has finally come to the Sims world . Merry Christmas , Joyeux Noël everyone !

Download : The Claus Family
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
CAS Contest 2013: 17- Simta in SimWorld

Simta Claus has spent many years trying to get into SimWorld to spread his love and gifts to Sim children everywhere. Now, he has finally arrived, but in a different form than any Dimension H child would imagine. Orange instead of red as Simta's iconic colour? Mr. and Mrs. Claus being elves as well? A grumpy but nurturing head elf as a protégé? Oh, these Sims are always doing things odd, and Christmas is no exception.

Expansions Used: Base Game, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life

Find the Christmas spirit in your own game here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Meet The Kringles

Kris, Missy and Noelle worked hard to deliver presents to Sims all over the world. Now, they get to sit back and relax in the warm sun on holiday.

The Kringles

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »
The Wish Granters

La Befana and Nicholas of North have teamed up to not only deliver Christmas goodies to the children of the Sim dimension, they have taken on a ward in the form of Kyubey, a trouble-making wish-granting creature, in the hopes of teaching Kyubey what it means to be a true wish-granter.

See them here

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 09:50:58 AM »
This contest is now closed, and the poll is up.  We have five very creative and unique entries this time, so be sure to vote for your two favourites!

Edit:  And we have a winner!  Two winners, to be precise - GoslettM and ladybug 53.  Congratulations to both winners, and to everyone else who entered this contest.  I loved how all the entries were so different and unique.  Also, it's wonderful to welcome two new people to our contests - jillz and dontmindme.  I hope you'll both continue to be part of the contests.

This is our last contest for 2013.  The next contest will begin in early January.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has taken part in the contests this year.  The CAS Contests are a recent feature of the forum, and I've had a lot of fun with them.  Have a great holiday season, everyone, and I hope to see you again in the new year.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to comment on an entry only if feedback has been requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 17 - Simta is Coming! - Poll Open
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »
CAS Contest 2013:  17 - Simta is Coming! - November 29 - December 12, 2013
    We have two winners - ladybug53 and GoslettM!

Congratulations to ladybug53! You can download her winning entry here: Noel - The Claus Family.

And here's ladybug53's winner's statement:

"Congratulations Goslett on your entry ! You always to amazing work and I always look forward to your entries . This was a great and fun contest. I was so looking forward to creating a Santa for our Sims. I would like to thank everyone who supported my entry and also for all the support I've had during this past year. I would also like to thank Schipperke and ratchie for such a fun contest plus all the challenging and fun contests we've had during this past year. I'm looking forward to the new year challenges."

Congratulations to GoslettM! You can download her winning entry here: Simta Claus is Coming to Town.

And here's GoslettM's winner's statement:

"Wow, all did such stunning work as usual.  Everyone’s entry was outstanding, once again bravo to everyone because you’re all winners in my eyes.  Thank you to everyone that took time out to vote for me, I really do appreciate it very much.  ;)

Once again thanks to the CAS contest coordinators for a wonderful and fun contest, I had a lot of fun as usual.  ;D

Thanks once again and happy Simming everyone.  To all a very peaceful Christmas and happy 2014.  :D"

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 17 - Simta is Coming! - Two Winners
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
Congratulations to ladybug53 and GoslettM! I loved both your little Claus families.

Apologises for being unable to enter. I kept meaning to get it sorted but things kept getting in the way and then on Thursday I had to go to bed early because I was feeling ill. But well done to everyone else who entered!  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Congratulations to ladybug53 and GoslettM! I loved all of the entries and had a blast making my own :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
Congratulations to all the entrants , you all did amazing work ! This was , once again a hard contest to vote for . We have such creative forum members . Everyone's entry was so unique .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Congrats to both winners! I was unfortunately not able to enter due to other commitments, but there were some seriously awesome entries all around. Excellent work!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
I'm open to comments and feedback as well!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 09:06:01 PM »
Congratulations to ladybug53 and GoslettM for winning the contest and those favulous entries. I was unable to enter due to some reasons. Excellent work, everyone:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Congrats to both of the winners! This was a fun one to see and I loved how everyone interpreted the challenge in unique ways. Bravo to all participants!