Author Topic: Question about the forum - adding photos?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
Question about the forum - adding photos?
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
I'm new here, and i was wondering how to insert a picture on to one of your posts? (Sorry if its obvious  ;D)
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Question about the forums
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:17 PM »
In order to upload a picture on the forum you need to have it uploaded to a hosting site first. You could become a member of the Gallery (which let's you upload pictures to this forum only) or use another photo hosting site such as Photobucket.

Once you have uploaded your pictures you use the small picture icon (under the B to the far left over the emoticons) to generate a ex. [img*][/img*] bracket. You add the picture web address of the middle of the brackets ex. [img*] HERE [/img*]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »
Thanks! Would mediafire work?

Testing

Testing
[/URL][/img]

Test #3

[/URL][/img]

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
I don't know mediafire enough - all I know is that it has to be a dedicated photo hosting site that will give you a specific picture webaddress for each pic you want to upload. If you are only going to upload pictures here, and are doing a story where you need a lot of pictures,  I would suggest usung the Gallery - you can get an account there if you are part of this forum. If you want to upload pictures to another forum as well I  would recommend Photobucket - it's free and easy to use.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »
Testing
[/URL][/img]

I'm not sure what was wrong with the first test, but you have a URL in the other two where you don't need one. You just need this part ---> http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Dinodymo/Screenshot_zpsa8e0c370.jpg <--- and the image tags. Like so.

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
Im a bit confused  ???

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:58:50 PM »
Im a bit confused  ???

Okay. I'm going off of Photobucket for this, since that's what you used for the other two tests and that's the one I'm familiar with. Go to the picture you want to post and highlight the portion that looks like this. ---> http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Dinodymo/Screenshot_zpsa8e0c370.jpg

Then you need to add [.img] to the front side and [/.img] the back side. (Without periods) That should make the image appear. I added the tags to the link above and got the screenshot below. You can quote my respone to see how everything should look.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
Okay. I'm going off of Photobucket for this, since that's what you used for the other two tests and that's the one I'm familiar with. Go to the picture you want to post and highlight the portion that looks like this. ---> http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Dinodymo/Screenshot_zpsa8e0c370.jpg

Then you need to add [.img] to the front side and [/.img] the back side. (Without periods) That should make the image appear. I added the tags to the link above and got the screenshot below. You can quote my respone to see how everything should look.

Thanks! I will try it tomorrow. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:32:39 AM »
Thanks! I will try it tomorrow. ;D

Welcome to our Forum.  Here are a couple of links to topics that give detailed instructions on how to put images into posts.  They explain how to use image hosting services and how to post the correct link and code for the image to show up properly.

Carl's Sims 3 Gallery -- Carl's Sims 3 Gallery is no longer in service

Using Photobucket
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
Thanks for everyone's help!

EDIT: Every time i try it always ends up like this= [/URL][/img]

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »

Hm, what button are you pushing? When I push the image button (mini pic of maybe the Mona Lisa) I get [img*][/img*]
(no stars)

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 12:57:35 PM »
I copied the IMG code for the picture i wanted, then pressed the 'insert image button' then it came up with these '[img][img], so i pasted the IMG code inbetween.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »
I copied the IMG code for the picture i wanted, then pressed the 'insert image button' then it came up with these '[img][img], so i pasted the IMG code inbetween.

Yep, that's the way I do it too.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were directly copying the [img*]http://tags already. I thought you just had the link itself. No wonder you're getting errors. No, all you need to do is copy the IMG code, and paste it into your post. You don't need to add anything to it. I'm sorry for giving you incorrect information!  :-[

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:07:25 AM »
It's absolutely fine!  ;D Thanks for helping me!