Author Topic: The Royal Flush: Sunset Valley's Handyman Championships  (Read 49092 times)

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
Re: The Royal Flush: Sunset Valley's Handyman Championships
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Okay so this is the first time I will ever be doing a challenge so I have a question. When you say this challenge will end on week 2 day 7 do mean it end at 11:59pm January 14th, we can only spend two sim weeks doing this challenge?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »
Okay so this is the first time I will ever be doing a challenge so I have a question. When you say this challenge will end on week 2 day 7 do mean it end at 11:59pm January 14th, we can only spend two sim weeks doing this challenge?

When we say a challenge ends on week 2 day 7 its the ingame clock you have to look at, when this clock hits week 2 day 7 then you challenge file has ended and you count up your score.

The dates January the 1th and January the 15th are the real-life days you can use to play your ingame time on, if you do it all in one day, or decided to spread it over all days is totally up to you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum SGNPU25.

We hope you decide to join us in our challenges this year and look forward to your participation.

Offline JainDo

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »
Okay, nit picky question: For the only one type of object rule, does this apply to non-upgradeable items like chairs and lights? Or will I have to buy a different type of chair and light....

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »
Okay, nit picky question: For the only one type of object rule, does this apply to non-upgradeable items like chairs and lights? Or will I have to buy a different type of chair and light....

The challenge team will discuss it and let you know JainDo.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »

My original intent for the one type of object rule was for upgradeable objects. Team are you okay with players buying more than one of non upgradeable objects?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
I think buying only one of upgradeable items is ok, so people can buy more than one lamp, chair, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
I did a test run, and it didn't even cross my mind not to buy more than one non- upgradable object. Thinking back, the only duplicate was a light. Either way works for me.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 06:17:35 PM »
After discussing it with the challenge team, upgradable has been added to the following ruleset.

• You may not buy more than one type of any upgradeable object in Buy Mode — i.e. you cannot buy two stoves.

Offline kateylynn

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 12:28:31 AM »
I know it says only one of each kind upgradeable item, but what about sinks? Can you have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom, or only one..?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum. :)

I know it says only one of each kind upgradeable item, but what about sinks? Can you have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom, or only one..?

Sinks are upgradeable. Therefore, you can only buy one.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 05:47:17 AM »

Welcome to the forum kateylynn.

Looking forward to your participation in the challenges this year.  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »
Can I just get clarification on the scoring? Let's say at the end, my Journal lists three upgrades, Self Cleaning, Self Cleaning, and Unbreakable. There are two different upgrades, so I get 2x2000=4000 points. Since I performed three upgrades total, I get 3x1000=3000 points. Added together, I get 7000 points, correct? I'm a little unsure on the distinction between "unique" upgrades. In my example, do I have two unique upgrades, or one?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
You have two unique upgrades and you have upgraded three items. Remember you can upgrade multiple toilets(for example) but you can only purchase one of any upgradable item on your lot.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »
You have two unique upgrades and you have upgraded three items. Remember you can upgrade multiple toilets(for example) but you can only purchase one of any upgradable item on your lot.

Rachel

Thanks. May I suggest a clarification of "unique" then? "unique" implies you only get the points if you have only performed the upgrade once, at least to me. I think a better phrasing might be "different upgrade".