Author Topic: Problems with exterior gigs for Architect on Paradise Island  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Miki

• Nooboo
Problems with exterior gigs for Architect on Paradise Island
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »
Hi,

I am new to Sims 3. I just purchased Sims 3 and 9 expansions this weekend and have spent most my time reading online.  I was excited to become an architect but I am very confused about a lot of things.  I greatly appreciate in advance any help or resource guides you could throw at me.:)  I just started a Sim in Paradise Island and just got a job as an architect.  Ok, so now for my questions and problems.

I have had my first two exterior jobs so far, and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  1st job--6 windows, 2 doors.  I talked to the guy (Mat Mango) in his house first but when I tried to start renovations I found myself outside the house and the house would disappear leaving just the stilts in the water.  When I would go back to live mode I could go in his house and talk to him but when I tried to renovate again the house would disappear.  I dumped the windows in amongst the stilts and water where it would allow me to and put a wall on the grid on the ground on the beach and put a couple doors in.  Hit job complete waited but nothing happened.  I ended up just starting over from last save after hours of researching and finding no help.  2nd exterior job 4 windows, 2 doors---talked to the client at his house where he was at home with his kid.  I went into renovation mode and I am standing outside in the yard like the first job but this time the house is still there and I can go inside but when I try to build or buy it takes me back to my house over and over.  Does the client have to be gone in order to renovate??  Am I supposed to be building an outside building? 

I have done one inside renovation and it went fine.  I would appreciate any specific info on what you have to do for an exterior renovation.  I would also appreciate any references to guides that take you step by step on what you have to do as an architect. i.e. accept job, next talk to client, wait for client to leave(?), start reno, etc, etc.   I get what they do but I am having trouble with the proper steps to initiate and complete the job.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Problems with exterior gigs for Architect on Paradise Island
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:56:33 AM »
Are you just clicking build or buy mode (both underneath live mode)? Because those will take you back to your own sim's home. I think you need to click something like "Begin Renovation". I forget exactly what it says. I haven't played an architect in a while!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything