Author Topic: The 2014 CAS Contest Championship  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The 2014 CAS Contest Championship
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:23 PM »
First, thanks to everyone who has shared ideas in the Feedback thread.  Your comments and contest ideas are always welcome, and I hope you'll keep 'em coming.  As a result of your comments and staff discussions, we are making several changes in the CAS Contests for 2014.

The first change has to do with the length of time the contests will run.  We'll now be having new contests posted every three weeks, and each contest will remain open to entries for six weeks (so the contests will overlap).  I hope having the contests open longer will give more people time to participate.

The second change has to do with recognizing peoples' participation and achievements in the contests.  We are introducing a scoring system in which people will receive credit for both Wins and Participation.  The scoring system is exactly the same as the one introduced by Metropolis Man for the 2014 Challenges, so for details on how it works, I'll refer you to this thread where Metropolis Man explains it far better than I ever could.  Briefly, your final score will depend on how many other entries you have beaten in the polls as well as how many of the contests you have entered.  Thanks very much, Metro, for coming up with this ingenious scoring system and for allowing us to use it in the contests!  At the close of the Sims 3 CAS Contests, sometime next fall when Sims 4 is released, we will announce the winner of the 2014 competition. 

AND, the third change - there will be a prize for the championship winner!  The person with the highest standing at the end of the 2014 Sims 3 CAS Contest Competition will receive ... a special prize donated by Carl! 

So what are you waiting for?  Get working on those contest entries, and let's make this the best contest year ever!   :D

Edit:  I'd also like to draw your attention to our new Contest Banner, expertly designed for the contests by samoht04.  Thank you very much, samoht, for creating this wonderful new banner!   :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything