Poll

Which were your three favourite collections?

Ausette - Carne Casual
6 (12.8%)
bubbles - Fiesta con familia
4 (8.5%)
Clementine - Mardi Gras Mambo
5 (10.6%)
Gogowars329 - Bright Mardi Gras
8 (17%)
Joria - Laissez les bon temps rouler
10 (21.3%)
ladybug53 - Le Carnival
2 (4.3%)
laugh-dream-love - Colourful Carnival Collection
3 (6.4%)
marwolfer - Come See the Show!
4 (8.5%)
Schipperke - Rally in the Valley
5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 12, 2014, 09:46:56 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Winner Announced!  (Read 9029 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contests 2014: 02 - Carnival!

The Situation:
Carnival is a festive season that takes place right before Lent.  Also known as Mardi Gras in the United States, Carnival typically involves a public celebration or parade, and people often dress up in brightly coloured, exotic or unusual costumes, with or without masks.   

Your Task:
Your task is to create a wardrobe of six carnival outfits.  These outfits can be for male or female Sims, of whatever age group/s you choose.  Content: You may use content from any EP or SP, as well as free store items.  Custom content or store items that are not free are not permitted.

Screenshots:  Your entry thread may have up to ten screenshots.  As always, only one screenshot should be posted in this thread.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 24th January, 2014 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 6th March, 2014 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and Seabody.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Contest Open
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
Bright Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras has grown to become a time of fun and celebration and part of the fun is choosing what to wear. These six outfits are perfect examples of Mardi Gras clothing and are perfect to have a good time in.

Download this bright and colourful set here!
[/size]
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
Le Carnival
by ladybug53

A Carnival is always great fun . Every year there are carnivals throughout the world . The most known is Mardi Gras . In some countries , the carnival takes place in winter . That's is the one I'm most familiar with . Here are six costumes to wear at your summer carnival .

Download here : Le Carnival
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
Create-A-Sim Contest 2014 #2
Carnival!

Rally in the Valley

... Sunset Valley, of course.  The residents of SV have been waiting longer than any other Sims for Carnival to come to their town.  And when it comes to getting through those long dreary winter days, what could be better for a Sim than to dress up in something bright and Party!

Download here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »
CaS Contest 2014 02
Carnival!

Come See The Show!

Welcome to Rio, the best place in the world to experience Carnival! Everyone here is ready for a party, just guard your drink carefully... not everyone's intentions are pure. Enjoy your stay: drink, dance, watch the performers in the parades, get your beads, and even visit the local voodoo masters if you dare.

See the whole cast and get the outfits here.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Clementine

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 09:46:38 AM »
Mardi Gras Mambo
by Clementine

Maybe this was a mistake, but we celebrated the release of our new line of traditionally inspired Mardi Gras Carnival costumes by putting six young Sim Orleanians in the "Mambo Room" for a night. The resulting photos show that these clothes can survive all the usual Mardi Gras activities, and then some. See the candids, the clothes, and download the outfits here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 12:37:30 PM »
Create-A-Sim Contest 2014 02

Fiesta con Familia!

It's party time in SimNation and the Fiesta family are letting loose and dancing 'til dawn! They've dug out their eye-sore Mardi Gras costumes and are ready to celebrate the occasion. It's clashing colours and wild rampages galore as the celebrations kick off!

Join the party HERE
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
CAS Contest 2014: 02 - Colourful Carnival Collection

Carnival only comes around once a year, and my sims love to make the most of it. This year they can have more fun during carnival season showing off their bright, new costumes and making friends, and enemies, jealous of their fantastic style.

Check out the costumes in more detail here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »
The well known and prosperous Fountain family are ready to laissez les bontemps roulez!  Carnivale is here and they are planning a fabulous party on Twinmum's Floating Luxury Houseboat, recently purchased by them.  First it's a day watching the parade.  Marie-Labelle has been invited by King Neptune Krewe to ride on their float!  What an honor! The whole family will be watching.  Here is a photo of them taken just before she was to go to the float.  Marie warns her syblings to not act like the monsters she knows they can be.

More photos and the styles themselves can be found http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19370.0.html

The content is:

LaBelle is wearing Movie Stuff outfit, UL shoes, SN jewellry, plus free Happy Mardis Gras hat

Jean Pierre is using free Happy Mardi Gras Hat, the outfit is from Show Time, the shoes are from Movie Stuff

Marie LaBelle Fountain has hair from Movie Stuff, dress from UL, shoes from UL, glasses from Gen, necklace from ITF, bracelets from WA and UL

Genvieve has hair from Sns, bikini top from Sns, skirt from Sns, shoes f=basic, necklace from WA, bracelets from WA and UL.

Louis Paul's hair is from ITF, outfit is Movie Stuff, shoes are base.

Suzannes' hair is ITF and her outfit is  Gen, shoes Gen.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:19:48 PM »
Carne Casual, by Ausette

Want to celebrate Mardi Gras without breaking your company's dress code? Tired of shelling out for costumes you'll never wear again? Got a hot date after the festivities and don't want to turn up dressed as a chandelier? If that's the case, look no further than this carnival-themed fashion set! This catalogue incorporates classic Mardi Gras colours and symbols into comfortable everyday clothing that can be worn all year round.

This entry can be viewed in full or downloaded here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
This contest is now closed, and the poll will be up soon.  Be sure to vote for your favourite entries!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Poll Open
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:32 AM »
The poll is now closed and we have a winner.  Congratulations to Joria for her fabulous collection Laissez les bon temps rouler!  And to everyone who submitted an entry - they were all so colourful and delightful to look at!

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to keep your comments positive and to give feedback only if the entrant has requested it.  If anyone wishes to comment on my entry, I am open to feedback.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Poll Open
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:49 AM »
CAS Contest 2014:  02 - Carnival! - January 24- March 6, 2014
    And the winner is - Joria

Congratulations to Joria! You can download the winning entry here: Laissez les bon temps Rouler.

And here's what Joria had to say about her winning entry:

"WOW!  Thanks ever so much to everyone, especially to our good friend, Schipperke for running these contests.  With all the great entries in this contest there was no way I thought I had any chance to win so this is a big surprise for me.  This was a really fun contest to enter and I look forward to many more.  Everyone did a fabulous job and I think we are all winners here.  Laissez les bon temp rouler right here in CAS contests!"

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Winner Announced!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
Congratulations Joria ! I loved your entry , great colors for all those amazing costumes . I also quite liked the name of your entry . Bravo !

I would like to thank Schipperke and Seabody for such a fun contest .

I'm open for comments on my entry .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 02 - Carnival! - Winner Announced!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 05:04:19 AM »
Congratulations Joria. I'm open for comments on my entry.