Author Topic: Sims 3 on console?  (Read 2380 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Sims 3 on console?
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »
Does anyone know if the Sims 3 that is coming out on console will be the same on all console or will it be slightly different? I am debating which to get or if I should even get one. We have a Wii, Xbox 360, and a couple of DS's! I know that they vary a lot from the PC games but I don't know if they vary between consoles as well. Thanks in advance!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 on console?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »
Supposedly, it is along the same lines, traits, building and the sims look the same.  There is just some added content, like weather and you can swim in the ocean, things like that.  I had some info on it and but I cannot find it right now, but if you look it up, there is some screenshots and a couple of videos that explains more about it.  I am not sure if I am going to purchase it either, that is still debatable.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
MomofMany, if you check out the current console advertisement / teaser, you'll get an idea of how EA's planning on porting it.

Most of the time, the X-Box and PS-3 versions just about the same as far as game-play and features, and it looks like the Wii and DS versions will be slightly different from those two (taking advantage of features specific to the platform / downsized a bit for the DS but still fun / happytime).

I recall seeing the PS2 Console version of the Sims 2 and getting aggravated ... sometimes they release interesting game-play features in the console ports that don't match the PC/Mac versions. If you check out that link, you'll see what I mean, the whole "Karma" gameplay feature isn't currently a part of the Sims3 PC/Mac game-play experience.

We'll see! I may end up getting the PS3 version, but only if it looks super-duper-cool! :D

-- Happytime

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
Thanks for the link Happytime. It looks interesting to say the least. Maybe I should rent it from the video store before I buy it. At least that way I will be able to see which console I like it on the best. I think it said that it ships from Toys R Us on Oct 26 or something so that must be the release date!

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
Yep, with that many platforms in the house Mothero'Many, renting's definitely the way to check new ports out!

Do you Sims3 on a Mac or PC? Your family's like the perfect "test market" for a game; toss you a copy of each port and see which version everyone likes best! hehe

It would kinda' stink tho if the DS version has some "DS-to-DS" features (you know how you can play some games "cooperatively" or head-to-head), then you'd have to get two copies so the DS folks would be happy!  :)

-- Happytime

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:17 PM »
Yeah, I think renting is the way to go here.

We are a PC family for now. My husband wants a Mac but I am not sure about them simply because I know my Windows so well! Yeah wouldn't that be great. Testing games for fun and money. Hehe! One can only dream.

Some DS games don't require that you both have the game. Like Mario Kart for example only one player needs to have the game and they can link up and the other players like temporarily download the files or something. I am not really sure how it works I just know that it does. So if they did it that way it wouldn't be bad.

But that would be a neat feature to be able to visit your friends Sim with your Sim. Other course for you both to have a Sim of your own and your own town you would need to each have the game. So I don't know if it would be able to work if just one player had the game in the Sims.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 09:49:57 PM »
My husband wants a Mac but I am not sure about them simply because I know my Windows so well!

I don't know if you can put Windows 7 on new Macs or not, but I've got XP on my iMac via Bootcamp which is great when I want to boot into Windows and do some other kinds of gaming.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:51:26 AM »
Metro-Man, Bootcamp currently supports Vista and Windows 7 (if you've a spare license of either OS lying around :)). I'm getting a copy of Windows 7 for myself here soon, just so I can see how it works and if it's really as pretty as it's supposed to be. I've already got XP on Bootcamp now, and I just purchased a copy of Parallels (which allows the Intel Macs to run Windows flavors without rebooting) so I can play about with "Create-a-World" without rebooting into Windows (or even worse firing up my Windows box here on the desk! hehe).

I've used both OSes (Windows and Mac) longer than I care to admit, MomofMany! I wouldn't be too concerned about switching to a Macintosh if Mr. HusbandofMomofMany wants to get one; other than fingers heading towards the wrong keys for "copy" / "paste" (and trying to figure out where you put files!) modern implementations of Windows and Macintosh are very similar as far as the user experience goes.

And I agree, I hope the Console ports have some sort of way for "Sims" to visit each other. I'm impressed with how the "PlayStation Network" works, and I'm sure X-Box has similar features. With the huge "social networking" hoopla, I'd be surprised if EA doesn't have some black-ops "Sims 5 Online" cooking somewhere.

-- Happytime

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:51:28 PM »
I am glad to hear it will run Windows! He has been saying that the next computer we buy he wants an Apple and I admit they do look nice but I was always iffy on the plunge. But very glad to know that if we do go with Apple I can still run the things I am accustom to running. I don't know about the PS3 but I know Xbox has the Xbox Live deal and my husband plays his games with his brother and other friends so he likes that but I myself haven't touched it as I don't have any games I like for it. I would love to see the Sims do something like that. But I guess we have to wait to see what they will do. I am sure eventually they will get something like that going.

anything