Author Topic: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 32- Hail Rain or Sunshine  (Read 35084 times)

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 32- Hail Rain or Sunshine
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »
Hello! I took the liberty to edit and say a few things to the new and old readers of this story. While reading this, you may hear of names that are familiar to you, as you have read them from a book or knew from a game. I'm a big fan of Dragon Age and Anne Rice so many of the namesakes here, you will find from those two. Especially Mayfair. I liked how it sounded so I borrowed it from Anne Rice, and they were a family of witches, whereas Hawke is the protagonist in DA2. I just thought I had to give credit to the two wonderful sources of the names. And they're no townies, as you will see as you read down. Where and from whom they came from, though, is among the things you will find out. Also, before any misunderstandings arise, "blood" refers to bloodline.

This is my first story and I hope you enjoy it! Questions are appreciated. They make me think of what happens next, myself.

I- Azrael Hawke
Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise
Chapter 2: Brown Eyed Girl
Chapter 3: Fully Alive
Chapter 4: Dreams
Chapter 5: Rhythm of Love
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Plans
Chapter 8: Questions
Chapter 9: No Other Way
Chapter 10: Story of my Life
Chapter 11: Happy Birthday
Chapter 12: Warning

II- Garrett Hawke
Chapter 13: Starter
Chapter 14: It continues
Chapter 15: Breakdown
Chapter 16: She's a Rebel
Chapter 17: Counting Stars
Chapter 18: Need You Now
Chapter 19: Say You Like Me
Chapter 20: Moving Closer
Chapter 21: If You Ever Come Back
Chapter 22: Pocket Full of Sunshine
Chapter 23: Losing Hope
Queen of the Dragons [The Becoming of Garrett Hawke]
Chapter 24: This Girl

III- Abaddon Hawke
Chapter 25: Inaudible Melodies
Chapter 26: Somebody that I Used to Know
Chapter 27: Little Hands
Chapter 28: Close to You
Chapter 29: Linger
Chapter 30: First Kiss
Chapter 31: Skyfall
Chapter 32: Hail Rain or Sunshine

Welcome to Paradise
Apologies to Green Day

I’m Azrael Hawke and I have a secret but I think now isn't the time to tell you. So let me introduce you to the best caretaker in the world, Enzalde Wintergreen! She's the third Wintergreen consort to the Hawke Family and I call her Nana.

She's my private tutor and my music mentor. She's also my hassle-free guarantee to three-meter flights above the ground (While she doesn't look happy, she is.)

She's my personal trainer- in a dozen different ways.

Nana is a doctor by profession and vocation- she’s probably the best in town. And she doesn’t care whether you’re a celebrity or a tree. When her radar spots you, you’re obliged to undergo examination, wherever you are. Take her case for example,

Uhuh. It doesn’t matter even if a lot of your fans are ogling you. Or that you’re in a hotel.

I also have Thujane, my buddy and best friend. Although most of the time, I don’t know what he’s up to, or where he’s gone, or whether Thujane’s a he or a she. Well, it doesn’t really bother me, most of the time.

My name is Azrael Hawke and I’m two years old with a consciousness of an adult. But I can’t talk yet. So I’m currently working on that. Last time, we talked about clowns and my horrid fear of their curly rainbow hair.

So you're probably wondering how I'm telling you this. Simple. Telepathy! Believe me, I was shocked the first time I realized. I even sunk into a lapse of depression for 2 seconds

And I'm out of interesting things to say, so I'll tell you my secret.
I love sitting on my stroller like a boss, since it only happens when Nana isn’t busy at work, or busy tending her plants and talking to her flowers, or busy playing with the bees.

Notice the matchy-matchy? I realized too late.

My other secret is.
Obvious.

I like to pick my nose when nobody’s looking.

Despite my adult consciousness, I know nothing. That's the real secret. Why I'm in Paradiso with Nana is something that you and I will discover together. But for now, Nana tells me that there are other things to discover.

First, in this box.

Second, in this block.

Third, why my toys disappear when I touch them.

And lastly, how I can get myself out of here.

This is Paradise, indeed.

Enzalde is a direct descendant of my sim and Helena Snowqueen by Pralensims. All my custom content are from TSR. I'll do my best to retrieve the creators of any custom content included in the story.
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »
Brown Eyed Girl
Singing to Van Morrison

It hasn't been long since we moved here but Nan became immediately busy doing house calls and follow-ups, public vaccinations and grocery shopping. Her routine makes me wonder how I fit into her schedule.

Well, actually she does find ways and I have no choice in the matter. I couldn't talk. And there are so many times that I want to with the people who make Nan wait outside their houses. Ah, the democracy.

I could also only play with their pets and cheapest furniture ready for breaking. Their two-legged munchkins who walk in all four limbs refuse to talk to me, telepathically anyway.

But none of those matter because this day's highlight is my brown eyed girl who lives in a beach-side baby mansion beside a cemetery. But why live beside a cemetery?

It doesn't matter, honey. They have a beautiful house.

But then again, none of those matters because I'll definitely take her away when we're old enough to marry, bring her to our house which probably looks like this in winter:

But I'll do that after I thank her father Teodor Medina for leaving Nan hanging in his own house after demanding a house call. I would never leave Nan hanging.

Azrael is stalling so I'll take over and show you how he couldn't talk to Palmira Medina (because he can't) while she and Enzalde chatted the afternoon away.
They got there late afternoon and Palmira was just on her way home from after-school activities.
She didn't invite them inside and instead chose to chat with Enzalde standing. For hours.

Palmira: I'll remind father, Miss Wintergreen. I just hope I don't forget it myself. And, uhm, excuse me, but he's been staring at me the whole time.

Enzalde: Don't worry, he just finds you very pretty.
Azrael: Beautiful, Nan. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.
Wonderful, honey. You can spell
On it went and he could only ever stare at her.

Palmira was growing so uncomfortable that she started to make faces. That made Azrael laugh inside.

Azrael: I'm going to marry Palmira Medina. She's crazy and she's beautiful. Most importantly she's weird. She's the right weird with an attitude.
Cai: You'll need to grow up first, A.
Azrael: I'll grow up. It's my birthday in a few. I'll just have to wait a little more. I'll invite her over everyday and make her cookies and pie and brownies and cake.
Cai: Alright, honey. I get your drift. But you can make her toys too, if you'll have the time.
Azrael: Uhuh. But what will she think of me if I give her a bunch of whale toys made of metal scrap?
Cai: She wouldn't know. Give her flowers when you're older.
Azrael: She's weird, remember. She might hate it. I wouldn't know what to say to her, then.
Cai: You're both weird. Your wavelengths match. In my watch, that's all that matters.
Azrael: Too bad Nan can't hear my thoughts.

That's what you think, Azrael.

Meanwhile,

Enzalde: I have to go now, Palmira. I still have some tutoring to do. Tell your father to call when he needs anything, okay?
Palmira: It's good to have someone like you around, Miss Wintergreen.
Enzalde: Call me Nana, dear. That's what I have Azrael call me.
Palmira: Oh, so he can talk. I didn't think he can.
Enzalde: He probably has a lot to say if he could. But he can only say Nana and the shortest words he can think of.
Palmira: Okay, Nana. See you later. See you too later, chum. Grow up soon so we can play tag together.
Azrael: Yup, I'll marry you, brown eyed girl.

He couldn't contain it and made faces when they got home:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:46:24 AM »
Palmira is a gorgeous choice for a wife, if I do say so myself, ;) this story is off to a wonderful start, I must say I need to bookmark this! I can't wait to read more. :)

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:40 AM »
Palmira is a gorgeous choice for a wife, if I do say so myself, ;) this story is off to a wonderful start, I must say I need to bookmark this! I can't wait to read more. :)

Yay. Thanks that encouragement means a lot, Livvie! Though I'm still trying to get a good survey of the town (He's too young to marry)  ;D

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair - Ch 3: Fully Alive
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:24:29 AM »
Here's the third chapter, everyone!
This chapter is sort of like Enzalde's. Just sort of.

Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive and she knows
How to believe in futures

Fully Alive
Rockin' Flyleaf

Enzalde: There was a young elven wizard with slanted eyes.
He could bring down a blizzard,
Cite chants between sighs.
He could...
Azrael: Nan, the rhymes are horrible. Azrael thought.

Enzalde: I know, sweet pea, that's why I stopped. You don't have to  bend your hand so hard.
Azrael was shocked. He certainly didn't expect that.
Enzalde: You amuse me sometimes, dear. Come on, we'll go play in your hovering bee.
Azrael: That means, that time. You heard?
Enzalde: Oh yes, With thoughts as loud as yours and your excessive fidgeting, who wouldn't? You were too excited, dear.

Enzalde liked to tease. She couldn't contain her amusement that she started clapping her hands.

Enzalde: In fact, I'm thinking of inviting the Medinas for your birthday. You'd like that, won't you?
Azrael: No! Capital no! If I could write it would be in bold and italics and underlined, even. No!
Enzalde: I'll consider it.
Enzalde liked to tease a lot.
Azrael: Please, Nan. No. I'll cry until your ears bleed and your eyes pop out.
Enzalde: Well, tell me one good reason why not.
Azrael: She has to see me as equal. She needs to forget about the little baby boy she saw then.
Enzalde: But you'll always be my baby boy. Enzalde laughed. She couldn't help but think about how adorable Azrael was, pleading.
Azrael: Please don't laugh, Nan.
Enzalde: Alright, Little Prince. I won't invite them this time.

Azrael didn't say any more. He asked her Nana to bring him back inside and kept quiet after that. Enzalde started to get worried and told him again, promising him.

Enzalde: I promise. I won't invite them.
Azrael: That's not it. Don't you miss your family?
Enzalde: Now, why would you ask that? You're here, aren't you?
Azrael: I meant your real family, Nan. I'm sure I wear you out.
Enzalde: You're family, sweetheart. There's no need to worry about things.
Azrael: Oh. Okay, Nan. Azrael sunk into awkward melancholy and that made Enzalde kiss him on the forehead to make him feel better.

Enzalde: How about a story? She gaily held Azrael up and brought him outside to see the sun set.
Azrael: If you're telling the story in ad-lib'ed rhymes I'd rather have you sing. You sing well, Nana.
Enzalde: Didn't you say before? You have no choice in the matter, dear.

So, Enzalde went to tell the story. And this story was nothing like the ones she used to tell him.

Enzalde: They say that centuries ago, there was a wizard who lived in solitude. He was known by everyone because he was always alone and far from everyone else, aside from the fact that he was raising dragons.

He lived far away from everyone because he enjoyed his peace. He preferred it to the clamor and bustle of people and of the town entirely. The town knew him as Zarall and he could really bring down a blizzard if he had wanted, even summon flames with his wand. So many witches admired him, wizards envied and respected him. But all of them pitied him because he was alone. He was almost a century old, but he was alone.

Azrael was curious and even if he didn't want to, he interrupted Enzalde for questions.

Azrael: A century, Nan? Doesn't that mean that he's very old?
Enzalde: Wizards live very long, dear. Let's just say that he was very powerful. And that wizards with power like his lived longer than any other wizard. But a century is still young to them. Maybe someone as old as me?
Azrael: Why is that, Nan?
Enzalde: Simple. The more powerful a wizard is, the more he has access to life sources.
Azrael: What was Zarall's then?
Enzalde: Nature. Imagine how big the pool of energy nature has!
Azrael: So if he would be so many more centuries old, he would be.. Uhh.
Enzalde: Don't worry, dear. I promise you'll learn Math and all its dreadful associates when you're older.
Azrael: But Math sounds good.
Enzalde: That's what you say now.
Azrael: More, Nan. Don't let me stop you!
Enzalde: Well, of all the things he enjoyed more than his peace was gardening. It cured his loneliness and he gets to eat good meals from his own harvest. And he had his earth dragon, Azalea help him with that.

And the only time he would go to town is when he goes to the consignment shop to sell and buy some goods. There he met Hysteria Witcher and whether she had always lived there or not, he wouldn't know. He lived cloistered in his hermit house far too long.

It was awkward, their first meeting. It was the first time he felt that way, maybe because he'd always lived along and didn't know what to make of feelings he never had. Awkward courtship was intertwined with their friendship. But she always welcomed him despite his eccentric nature. While he was weird and secluded, Hysteria was vibrant but enigmatic. He loved that about her. He loved her. Weeks passed. Months. It took him long to grasp what he felt and finally gathered the courage to tell her. And she only laughed.

Hysteria: Took you long enough.
Zarall: Why are you laughing?
Hysteria: That! That exactly! You're too... straight-laced. You always calculate your words.
Zarall: I don't know what to say. I'm sorry.
Hysteria: It's adorable. People here know you. But not enough about you.
Zarall: That means yo knew me even before?
Hysteria: Why do you look so disappointed? I asked around.
Zarall was surprised.
Hysteria: Don't get too conceited just yet! It was after you left the shop. You were interesting. Bringing an almost-cellar worth of potions and herbs.
Zarall: It's for those who need them. Those who need to, erm, manipulate their moods to get by.
Hysteria: That says a lot about you. You should go out more, let them know how great you are, not with your magic but with being you!
Zarall: Well, Uh. I don't know.
Hysteria: You do know! But that doesn't matter right now. I can't have you getting awkward after telling me your feelings.

She pulled him close to her and kissed him.

Zarall: Felt like a fairy tale.

Hysteria laughed hysterically. That was the funniest thing Zarall had ever said.
Hysteria: That's very you, but the fairies will get mad if they hear that.
Zarall: Well. It is rather hard to know which of their stories are real.
Hysteria: That just now was real.

Enzalde: After that...
Azrael's been quiet for a while and Enzalde saw he fell asleep. She smiled to herself; telling this story to Azrael meant so much to her. It made her happy that she didn't have to wait long to tell him what he needs to know. It lifted off the burden she's been carrying.

One day, she thought, One day. When the time comes, everything will fall into place.
These stories will your become memories.
These memories will be remembered and realized.
You'll be the one to make them fully alive.

The mat from the living room is Pralensims' from TSR.
Zarall's clothes were downloaded from Sil Fantasy.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost...

Dreams
Say hello to Fleetwood Mac

Tic. Tac. Tic. The mechanical stir of the clock slices through the silence. It grows cold while the rain wars against the moist earth. Darkness crept into the room in slow motion. It was an ominous night but Azrael was deep in sleep.  He dreams of the dragons and the magic that his Nana told him. He was having a good dream- a decent present for his birthday. He was a having a good dream. And it was the perfect time to visit him and plant better dreams.

Mirror Fiend: It's too early for you to execute your plans, Madame.
No questions. Nor hesitations. Your opinions matter the least. Moreover, you're making quite the pleased face while you're acting all concerned, she answers.
Mirror Fiend: Please forgive my insolence. I shall see to it immediately.
Yes. That's what you're here for, bitterness preyed through her words. It was too early but she can't afford to lose anything more than she already had. She will have to do this. Her needs are dire and she will have to exact penitence.

Enzalde: Wakey, wakey, Little Prince. It's nearly lunch time.
Azrael: Nana. I don't want to have cake.
Enzalde: We're having cake, dear. I understand why you don't want visitors but I will not allow no-cake for your birthday.
Azrael: But I can't finish all that.
Enzalde: I can bring them to work if you're worried about leftovers. Why are you worried about leftovers? But don't answer that. Let's have you washed so we can go outside and have some sun and air.

So they did. They went out for a while and played. It was a good day. There were no traces of the rain that came the night before nor the ominous chilly wind. It was a bright and beautiful day in Paradiso. It was the best day to make some memories.

Azrael: I'm sorry I fell asleep when you were telling me a story, Nana.
Enzalde: It's alright. It was a love story and love stories bore you, don't they? They always bored you.
Azrael: But it had dragons in it!
Enzalde: Oh, did it? I haven't told you about his other dragons just yet.
Azrael: Then how about now? I promise not to fall asleep.
Enzalde: There, there. It's your birthday, isn't it? Don't you want to blow your candles yet?
Azrael: But, I want to hear more about the wizard and his dragons and his magic.
Enzalde: If I remember correctly, you wanted to grow up soon and catch up to Palmira.
Azrael: To the cake!

Azrael was easy to read. He was so open about what he wanted and what he doesn't, in descending priorities. Enzalde missed her old self. The one without restraint. The one who didn't have to be cautious and watch her back every time. The one who could laugh without worrying about a thing. But it was alright. Azrael was with him and it was enough to get her motivated and go on as she had always.

It's just you and me, Azrael, she thought to herself.

Enzalde got the cake set on the table. There were no balloons nor extravagant food. They only had cake and each other, but that was because it was what Azrael wanted. Silly boy, she thought further. I wonder until when he'll be the innocent and curious Azrael.

Enzalde: Alright, dear. Close your eyes and make a wish!
Azrael: I wish...
Enzalde: Oh, come on. Don't tell me.
Azrael: But you're hearing my thoughts!
Enzalde: That's because it's too loud, dear.
Azrael: Then I wish you would teach me to not have loud thoughts.
Enzalde: Your wish is my command! Just grow up first, I need you to grow up before anything.
Azrael: I'll blow it alone, Nan. I can do this.
Enzalde: No you can't.

Enzalde blew the candle with, rather, for Azrael. And he was horrified.

Enzalde refused to give him a haircut and Azrael just grew out his hair. Well, he did like his long hair. He immediately borrowed his Nana's phone to call Palmira.

Azrael: Palmira! Uhm, this is Palmira, correct?
Enzalde: Where are your manners, dear? He heard his Nana saying.
Azrael: Hello. Uhm, I'm sorry. This is Azrael Hawke. May I have Palmira on the phone please?
Enzalde smiled. That was awkward, to restart after that outburst. But it was Teodor on the phone. Palmira was still in school. But he told him nonetheless.
Azrael: I had my birthday today, Mister Medina.
Teodor: Call me Theo, or maybe even uncle. Mister Medina is far too formal for me. He chuckled so loud, even Enzalde could hear it.
Azrael: I'm sorry.
Teodor: What for? Is this about not inviting us? I understand, I suppose. There's nothing to worry about.
Azrael: I'll definitely invite you on my next birthday!
Teodor: Well, I look forward to that. We'll probably drop by later. Or tomorrow, since it's weekend tomorrow.
Azrael: I would like that very much, Uncle Theo!
Teodor: Rather polite, aren't you. We'll see you, Azrael. Have a nice day.
Azrael: Have a beautiful day!

Beautiful? He asked himself and thought it was lame. Very much so.

Enzalde: That's fine, dear. We always have those moments. Thank that it wasn't Palmira hearing your awkward nervousness.

That afternoon, Teodor called to tell them that they couldn't come and that he would just have Palmira come over in the morning the next day. Azrael was a little disappointed but relieved. He would have to practice what he had to say, have his Nana choose his clothes for him and cover his thick mane of a hair- Palmira may not want to see that thick mane roaring at her. So he did. And it was a bad choice. Enzalde and Azrael are now officially matchy-matchy. The horror. But it was too late. And while he was waiting...

He's had his fun. Well, until Palmira's friend barged into his room.

He stopped immediately. Good thing it wasn't Palmira who came in. But who was she? He didn't remember inviting her. And then he hears Enzalde telling him to be nice to the guests, in his mind that is. Azrael went to greet Palmira outside, and then sees her on her way to the living room. Let the weirdness battle commence.

They were kids, so they played.

They played hard until afternoon. And it was that day that Azrael realized how strong Palmira was. She was definitely stronger than him. For now.

They played until Teodor came to fetch Palmira. He had a blast, forgetting about the other girl that came over. He forgot about Zarall and his dragons. He forgot about Hysteria Witcher. He forgot about their magic and discovered a magic of his own. It was a pleasant day. It was a beautiful day. The thoughts of what happened that day lulled him to a good sleep and even better dreams.

Yep, it was definitely the right time for those better dreams.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 09:47:10 PM »
Aww, he and Palmira are adorable, but I get the feeling happiness won't last. I'm glad to know he has someone to bring him to earth though! :) Two updates in one day to read! Boy it's my lucky day! I really like you're writing, it's very immersive and I can almost hear the characters dialogue in my head. It's very real, I look forward to more updates! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 04:26:18 AM »
Aww, he and Palmira are adorable, but I get the feeling happiness won't last. I'm glad to know he has someone to bring him to earth though! :) Two updates in one day to read! Boy it's my lucky day! I really like you're writing, it's very immersive and I can almost hear the characters dialogue in my head. It's very real, I look forward to more updates! :)

Aww, yeah. It most probably won't. Just probably  ;)

Thanks! I'm still struggling with so many things, though. It makes me happy that you experience that. Haha.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair - Ch5: Rhythm of Love [a sort-of side-story]
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 06:22:10 AM »
I wasn't sure if you've realized that the titles are lifted from songs. They may or may not be my interpretation of the song and while I'm not exactly promoting them, I just found myself coming up with titles that are similar, so might as well do.

And while we're at it, here's an update! [Updating while I still can]
PS. I apologize for the picture quality.

Happy reading! And of course, thank you.

Rhythm of Love
Falling in love with Plain White T's

Azrael: Nana's red hair is gone. It's longer and black. I asked her about it and she told me she dyed her hair before we moved to Paradiso. I didn't ask why, ended up assuming that's what girls do when they've nothing else to do. Oh right, have I told you we were never long residents of Paradiso? Well, it turns to my attention that we are the first Hawke and Wintergreen to ever set foot to this place, I asked around.
Nana also changed her clothes, maybe to fit in with the locals. I was never comfortable revealing my skinny legs and arms, so yes, I only ever grew out my hair (cut occasionally)  but never my body, so I and wore thick clothes. I don't know, I'm intolerant to the cold, is what I tell them. And we've lived for nine years here (Yes, I'm eleven). Nana looks like this right now, she's been constantly stressed with her work hours, never enough sleep and never had the time to comb her hair. So maybe she forgot to have it dyed back. I don't know.

There are a lot of things you don't know.

Oh, of course I gotta show myself too. I can't have you loving Nana and forgetting about me.

Tada!

Okay I'm done showing off. I gotta go do my homework.
Cai: Yep, off you go, A.

Enzalde was getting busier and did have less time for herself, seeing that she prioritized taking care of Azrael first. Although she did take a break, and attend parties thrown by patients on islands off Paradiso, who wished to give her thanks, while wearing *cough ridiculous costumes. Nobody blames them.

She would always do vaccination clinics in the park.

And read with Azrael- she insists on reading together. It helps prime the mind, she says. And if he doesn't she'll read, anyway. Whenever she had free time and Azrael wasn't there, she would read. One would always find her reading.

But it wasn't until recently that Enzalde started acting weird. She was still Enzalde, but happier. Azrael didn't notice it but she frequently smiled to herself, hum more frequently than she did, and cook breakfast at midnight.

This is all thanks to one guy who requested for a house call: Matteo Torres, a.k.a. Matty.

Enzalde was used to having guys around; her friends in Paradiso were all guys. But it turns out she's not immune to romantic feelings. And I'd say she got infected way too fast. There was something about him that was making her fall.

Something with the way he looked at her.

It didn't take long, it certainly didn't, for them to make it official. It was too fast. But they both thought it was the right thing, even if all they did was kiss and hold hands.

Uhuh. It's playing. It's the rhythm of love. And I'm guessing, it's their synchronized wavelength.

Azrael: I’m done with homework! What’ve you told them?
Cai: Nothing interesting. Is your Nana home yet?
Azrael: I don't know. You're the imaginary friend around here.

That's right, sweetheart, imaginary friends sure see (and know) things you don't.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair- Ch6:Secrets
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 08:18:28 AM »
I would like to give my apologies for the previous chapter, it lacked content. But it was something essential. I just couldn't make a way around it. Hoho.

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Secrets
It’s another story, says OneRepublic

Azrael: There’s something you’re not telling me, Nan.
Enzalde nearly choked. There really was something she wasn't telling Azrael.
Azrael: So?
Enzalde: What do you mean, "so?", dear?
Azrael: I don’t mean disrespect, Nana. It’s just that I feel bad when you don’t tell me things.

Enzalde swallowed. She didn't know if it was alright to tell him. She didn't know how he’d react. After all, she’s been hiding her relationship with Matty. Matty was a bad guy. Matty was someone the town didn't want. Matty was misunderstood, whereas she was Miss Wintergreen, Doctor Wintergreen, even Lady Wintergreen to the extremes. She was excessively glorified. This is because this place has more islands than doctors, is what she said once or so.

Enzalde: Well. I don't know where to start. Uhm. Uhh.
Enzalde was stuttering. It bothered Azrael. He didn't expect to have his Nana react like that.
Azrael: Nan, is something wrong? You could just start with telling me about what happened after Zarall confessed his feelings.
Enzalde: Oh, that! she nervously wiped the sweat that threatened to roll down her temple.

Azrael was never one to doubt his Nana. He thought she was just tired and surprised to suddenly bring up the story that was long ago told.

Enzalde: Well, I can't say for sure. It's just that, something happened and he ended up marrying someone else.
Azrael: That's not how your stories end, Nan.
Enzalde: That's what really happened, dear.
Azrael: But you make the stories. You can change them!
Enzalde: Please don't be unreasonable. I can't change a story. It was how it was told, unfortunately.
Azrael: Who told you this story, Nan? I want to meet that person!
Enzalde: That person is dead. This conversation is over. Leave the plate when you're done eating.

Azrael didn't understand why Enzalde was upset. He just wanted to know what happened to Zarall and Hysteria. Why wouldn't they be together until the end? It certainly wasn't how his Nana told her stories.

Azrael: Okay. I'm done. I'm sorry. He wasn't done. He left his plate the way it was before the argument.

Then, he left, looking down. He never raised his head after Enzalde's outburst. It felt unnatural. It wasn't the first time Enzalde got upset but it was the first time she scolded him. She never scolded him despite his unreasonable requests. Maybe his Nana missed her family. Maybe she was getting tired of him. All those questions went on a horrible torrent and he fainted.

Naturally, Enzalde panicked and brought him to bed.

Enzalde: Honey, I'm sorry.
Azrael: You scared me, Nana.
Enzalde: You scared me too. Don't do that again, you hear?
Azrael: I won't. I'll do my best. I'm really sorry.
Enzalde:  It won't happen again, I promise. Enzalde bit her lip.
Azrael: It's okay, Nan. I know you're just tired from work and all, and you still have me to take care of. Sorry.
Enzalde: Don't say that! It certainly isn't like that. I just. Well... Don't apologize, okay?
Azrael: You don't need to explain anything, Nan. It's really okay.

Enzalde kissed Azrael on the forehead. She felt guilty for going off on him for her own fault.

Enzalde: Alright. I owe you the continuation of that story, don't I?
Azrael: Well, yeah. You sure do.
Enzalde: You still kid even if you're sad.
Azrael: If I'm sad while you're sad then nothing good will happen. Therefore we can't be both sad.
Enzalde: Quite the philosopher we have here.
Azrael: Uhuh. That's Azrael Hawke for you.

Enzalde lightened up and smiled at Azrael. Who was she kidding? This kid was meant a thousand more than Matty. Only that she can't let go of Matty just yet.

Azrael: Well, Nan?
Enzalde: Alright, alright. No need to be so impatient.

Enzalde took out an old book. It had no pictures in it. But Azrael believed otherwise. It was a magical book. It told him of what he wanted to know and what she wanted to tell him. It was a family treasure. Of the Wintergreens or of the Hawkes? It was a mystery but it was Enzalde's for safekeeping.

Enzalde: Well. They were happy. They lived together and raised their dragons together. When they had time to fool around, they would go back to the park to celebrate their love. It was a happy thing really.

And when they weren't together, they would practice their magic and broom riding. Zarall focused more on his magic, he thought it best that he trains more so he could protect Hysteria.

Whereas Hysteria would be on her broom to play. Zarall was easy to forgive her playful nature.

Azrael: Won't they have kids?
Enzalde: Well. They wouldn't have the chance to.
Azrael: Why not, Nan?
Enzalde: Because. Well.

Enzalde continued the story. And by the end of it, Azrael regretted that he ever asked for what he did.

It lasted around half a century or so. And they would always go to that park. But the thing was, word was being told, that Zarall was crazy. He would laugh at the air alone, sometimes appear to hold someone's hand. They didn't mind it. They thought it was just him being him, for all those years of solitude. Some thought he could see what they couldn't.

Azrael: Like ghosts?
Enzalde: No, honey. Ghosts were registered citizens there.
Azrael: Woah! That's cool, Nan. And by the way, I know how much a century is now.

Enzalde winks at him and pinches his cheeks.

Enzalde: Of course, you do.

They let him be, running around town like a madman. But what bothered them was when they got news that someone saw him kissing the air in the park.

It upset the covenant. They couldn't have a powerful wizard lose his mind. Guess what they did?

Azrael: They killed him but they couldn't because he was so great!
Enzalde: Well, that could have been but no. They sent a Mayfair to marry Zarall.
Azrael: What's a Mayfair, Nan?
Enzalde: It was an order of witches.
Azrael: Why is it called Mayfair?
Enzalde: In honor of the great Mayfair Witch.
Azrael: Where is she?
Enzalde: Nobody knows.
Azrael: Is she beautiful?
Enzalde: He wouldn't know, dear. They took his eyes out.
Azrael: That's horrible, Nan! That's inhuman!
Enzalde: They weren't strictly humans. And it was common practice. Don't worry, you'll get arrested first if you're to be caught nowadays.
Azrael: Still.

Azrael couldn't get the image out of his mind. Disturbing, he thought. Why would they do that? And why would Zarall allow them?

Enzalde: Dear, Zarall was rational. If that's how it was then he accepted it.
Azrael: That Hysteria wasn't real? That can't be. I can't accept it!
Enzalde: There, there.
Azrael: So, that's the end of it?
Enzalde: No, but it's late and you have to go to bed. I'll tell you more okay? For now just go to bed.
Azrael: Okay, Nana. I love you.
Enzalde: I love you more, sweet pea.

That night, Enzalde had a dream. It wasn't the most pleasant dream but it was one that she waited for. When she woke up, she woke up with a resolution.

Secrets. There should be no secrets and she was late to realize that. Secrets will destroy them.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »
I don't feel that last chapter lacked in substance at all! I loved finding out Enzalde's romances... and I did notice the titles! They actually fit really well and don't seem very out of place, it makes for some very fitting chapters.
Anyways, I wonder why Enzalde holds back from telling Azrael about her romance? Does she plan on making it a fling? I guess they're running from someone, but I just wonder who, or why...
I can't wait to read more though! I have so many questions I want answered!

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
I don't feel that last chapter lacked in substance at all! I loved finding out Enzalde's romances... and I did notice the titles! They actually fit really well and don't seem very out of place, it makes for some very fitting chapters.
Anyways, I wonder why Enzalde holds back from telling Azrael about her romance? Does she plan on making it a fling? I guess they're running from someone, but I just wonder who, or why...
I can't wait to read more though! I have so many questions I want answered!

Enzalde: Livvie, Livvie. Curious, aren't we? It's not a fling. It's just that I don't think Azrael is ready to know that he's not the only special guy in my life. You know how kids can  be when you dote on them.

A teaser. This will be part of the next chapter. Also, I can't wait to upload more. It's just that the real world is calling me, mercilessly. Thank you for your support! Yeah, I see myself thanking you everytime you post something. Haha.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair- Ch7: Plans
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 01:54:01 AM »
Wake up dreamer
It's happening without you

Plans
We're all scared of the future, isn't that right, Bloc Party?

Enzalde: Dear, your council can resume later. The king has to eat, no?
Azrael: The King does not eat, Lady Enzalde. The King must make sure that the people receive their dues!
Enzalde: I made your favorite.
Azrael: Oh, boy. Fruit parfait?
Enzalde: What? Wasn't it apple pancakes?
Azrael: Boo!
Enzalde: Kidding. Come on down and eat.
Azrael: This is why sometimes I doubt if you actually love me.
Enzalde: Didn't you know? Girls tease the guy they like the most.
Azrael: Boys, Nan. Boys tease.
Enzalde: Not on my watch.

Enzalde was thinking of telling Azrael about Matty. He deserved to know if there was someone in her life. After all, Azrael was... Azrael was..

Azrael: Nan, your thoughts are unguarded.
Enzalde: Since when have you learned to read my thoughts?
Azrael: I didn't. They're just lying out in the open. And you're making faces. You don't make faces, Nan.
Enzalde: Is that so?
Azrael: Yep, but I'm not telling how much I know until you tell me first yourself.
Enzalde: Caught, aren't I? Well, I'm going out with Matteo Torres and it's serious.

Azrael laughed and choked.

Azrael: You were always serious about everything, Nan. And if you like him enough, it's okay with me, so long as he doesn't make you stay out past curfew.

Really, A, curfew?

Enzalde: So, how much do you know?
Azrael: I know nothing. Except that you were acting nervous yesterday. Now I know why.
Enzalde: Sly. I wonder where you got that from?
Azrael: Adults.

They both cracked up and Azrael was first to break the laughter.

Azrael: I'd like him to come over for dinner, Nan.
Enzalde: Now, why would you?
Azrael: I want to meet him. That's all.
Enzalde: Reasonable enough to me. Thanks for being more of an adult in the matter.

Okay, Nan, Azrael thought. He was going to measure Matteo Torres' worth for his Nana. His clothes matter, his speech, his hair, his face, his conduct. But what matters the most is how he treats his Nana. He wants to know if the guy's worth the best girl in the world, to whom Palmira ranks second.

When they were done, they left for work and school separately. Enzalde insisted on Azrael taking the school bus so he can spend time with his friends. But the problem was, nobody took the bus to school since he dares remember. He had always wanted to be take the front seat of the car beside Enzalde, but he never told her about it. He doesn't want his Nana to think of him as demanding, when he was.

When he got to school, he got off the bus and ran so he could catch up with Palmira. Sweet, sweet Palmira.

Azrael: Are you there?
Cai: I am. What are you up to?
Azrael: I broke my promise.
Cai: Go on.
Azrael: I wasn't able to invite her over everyday nor make her cookies and all those things I told myself and you I'd make her.
Cai: It's up to you whether you can forgive yourself or not. And I think you're too young to do any of those things.
Azrael: That's not what you told me then.
Cai: That was then. Wait until it's the right time. You can do that, can't you?
Azrael: I can.

And with that he finally stepped inside. When classes were over, he ran to Palmira to invite her over to play. The little girl said yes. Azrael just couldn't wait.

Palmira: Hey, A, I gotta go now.
Azrael: Why are you calling me A?
Palmira: Azrael is too long.
Azrael: So is Palmira.
Palmira: My name is easier to say, isn't it?

She was right. But if she were to call him A, he'd have to call her something else, too.

Azrael: Fine. But you'll be Myrrh.
Palmira: Why must you come up with a weird name?
Azrael: I'm the one who'll be putting effort calling you that.
Palmira: Suit yourself.

Was this an argument?

Azrael: Sorry?
Palmira: I didn't say I hate it. Anyway, I gotta go. Thanks.
Azrael: Bye. Say hi to Uncle Theo.
Palmira: To Nana, too. I don't get to see her anymore.
Will do, he thought. He went inside and grabbed the phone. Matty's coming over for dinner and he laid out plans for him.

Evening came and the dark slowly enveloped the sky. It was full moon and he liked full moons.

Enzalde: Sweet pea, can you get the door please?

It was Matty. He's earlier than he should be, or at least expected him to.

Azrael: It's Mr. Torres, Nan.
Enzalde: Well, why don't you two boys hang out for a while?

Enzalde, Enzalde, you trust your two boys will like each other? They ate and it was awkward. Azrael was fidgeting. Enzalde was laughing nervously. Matteo, well Matteo just sat there and choked at his food whenever he can. The one Azrael was waiting for was late and he didn't like that. Matteo doesn't like him, so he doesn't like Matteo. Okay, so he decided to play a little prank on Matteo, but so what? He was a kid. Kids are forgiven. It was a win-win situation.

He was about to give up when the door bell rang. This should be him.
Just you wait, Matteo Torres. You've not made the cut just yet, he thought and smirked.

It was Chase. Chase Easter came over for dinner.

Azrael: Nana, I forgot to tell you that I invited Mr. Easter for dinner.
Enzalde wondered why, but it was Azrael's guest. She was okay with that.
Chase: Good evening, Miss Wintergreen. I'm sorry I'm late, chum. He turned to Azrael.
Azrael: So long as you're here, Mr. Easter. He sounds so excited.
Enzalde: If I may ask, where did you two young men meet?
Azrael: Hospital. When I went there for vaccination and someone suddenly asked you to the ward.
Chase: I saw him wandering around. He was lost.
Azrael butt in, he just had to say it: Isn't she lovely! It certainly wasn't a question.
Chase: Very lovely, indeed, chum.
Enzalde: Flatterers.

Enzalde still wasn't comfortable with Chase Easter. She knew almost everyone in town and Chase Easter was an unfamiliar face.

Chase: Oh right, we moved here last week. I'm the new intern at the hospital, Miss Wintergreen.
Enzalde: Oh, that's why. Who's supervising you, then?
Chase: Doctor Han. Everyone only has good words for you, I must say.
Azrael was pleased- the guy was an honest flatterer.
Enzalde: That's good to hear. Doctors here are rather scarce.
Chase: So I heard. That's why we moved here.
Azrael was giddy. His Nana seems to have forgotten about Matty. Or so he thought.

Enzalde: Dear, leaving our guest to starve makes us poor hosts, doesn't it?
Azrael: Oh, right. Come on, Mr. Easter. Azrael grabbed Chase's arm and ran to the table and Enzalde followed.
Enzalde: No running inside the house, dear.

Too late, Enzalde. Too late.

Azrael liked Chase Easter. He was a dork but he was cool. He plays tag with Azrael whereas Matteo refuses to. He had so much fun he forgot what he wanted Chase here for.

Whereas Enzalde and Matteo disappeared with Matteo thinking,
This is what you call a party, a mischievous smile crept to his face. Poor Azrael who has no idea what happened. But it sure was a beautiful night.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair- Ch8: Questions
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »
Hello, loves! This is a relatively short chapter, and probably my last upload for the week, as I (dream of acing) an upcoming exam. Or not. Enjoy reading! Do you enjoy or not enjoy? That is the question. And the answer I do not know. I wouldn't know. And that makes me sad. Haha.

It's a lonely road out there we're all just waiting
For these answers that may never come our way
So we hold on to each other
Hoping to find what's missing
A million more questions by the end of the day

Questions
And a lot more by the next day, Bamboo

Throughout childhood, Azrael hated Matteo- the guy was a junkie and only ever mocked him. But he could have let it pass if he cherished his Nana, but the guy didn't. He passed her over and cared less and less, only returning calls whenever he pleases and even leaving his Nan waiting in the cold winter for hours, only to not show up. Enzalde cut her hair short after that and stayed depressed all week long. He was devastated. And he was heartbroken for her, but adult matters were not something he could put in his hands. It was clear to him that the guy didn't deserve his Nana, making him put a big "X mark" on his face. He just wasn't worth the time, the glance, nor the respect to be called by his name. So, Matteo became just "the guy" to him. He was sad that he could no longer put a smile to Enzalde's face. She changed. That guy changed her. And he couldn't wait to grow up to settle scores with that guy.

That guy. He would sometimes clench his fist in anger.

Enzalde would cage herself in her room after she prepared meals but that night, Enzalde never got out of her room, not even to meet him. He waited and waited and he got worried. He decided to see his Nana in her room but she wasn't there. What he found, though, petrified him.

It was a painting of two women who looked ghastly, and out for revenge. It terrified him but it also made him remember his Nana's story of the witches and wizards and dragons. Should he leave? But she never told him stories anymore.

He suddenly nauseous and almost fainted. He felt a chill touching him and a heavy feeling envelope him.

He was afraid but his resolve made him stay and look for the books Enzalde reads to him. He will have to finish the story himself. He misses Enzalde. But that was for later. He got up and and went to find whatever he had to. Browsing the books, a voice called to him, led him to an old book, which he grabbed immediately.

The book read, Chronicles of the Witch: Secret of the Hawkes.
Secret of the Hawkes? He was intrigued. There were things his Nana wasn't telling him, and he'd find out in this book. But the book only had blank pages. And what was this about a witch? Will Enzalde tell him what this book was? He wasn't  sure. But with the way she is now, he won't be able to get any answer. That guy, the thought makes him angry. He had wanted Chase Easter for her- cheerful, funny and honorable Chase Easter. But he was married and with a daughter around his age. He didn't want to destroy a family for his personal goals, even if it meant saving his Nana.

He slowly, one by one, scanned through the pages in hopes of finding something, but he found nothing. It was hopeless. There really was nothing in that book. He went to see the others, but there was no voice to tell him which book to see. Why was there a voice in the first place? But any time and Enzalde could be home. He couldn't risk it so he closed his eyes and breathed.

Azrael: You're there aren't you?
Cai: I'm always here.
Azrael: You're not going to help me figure this out?
Cai: Why do you think things happen?
Azrael: Because people want them to happen.
Cai: No. Not always. Your Nana needs you now. She needs you the most now.
Azrael: She doesn't talk to me. She rarely.
Cai: She's just sad. That's all.  You're the best thing there is for her. You should know that.
Azrael: I can't compete with a grown man who can give her things that I can't.
Cai: You're not him. Do what you can as you are. You always made her smile, didn't you?
Azrael: I used to. His answer fell to a whisper and refused to speak thereafter. I used to.

He got up to replace the book on the shelf but it fell and opened to a page. Written was a signature, Raziel Hawke, he gasped.

Raziel Hawke was his grandfather.

To that, she smiles.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »
Woah, woah, things just got really intense.
Also, Matteo should go down, and quickly.
Your updates are really immersing, I got sucked in very quickly. I want to know what happens next! Though do take your time and make sure you do well on your exam, as real life must always come first.

Anyways, I must go ponder the meaning of the blank book with his grandfather's name in it.

anything