Author Topic: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 32- Hail Rain or Sunshine  (Read 35082 times)

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
Re: Blood of the Mayfair
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
Woah, woah, things just got really intense.
Also, Matteo should go down, and quickly.
Your updates are really immersing, I got sucked in very quickly. I want to know what happens next! Though do take your time and make sure you do well on your exam, as real life must always come first.

Anyways, I must go ponder the meaning of the blank book with his grandfather's name in it.

Medchem totally sucked my soul out but it won't stop me from updating! What are your thoughts, exactly? I hope nothing quite the same as what I have in mind. Not yet anyway.  ;D And regarding Matteo. I never really had use for him until you asked. I had that "Eureka!" moment. Haha.

Also, this title has more than one meaning to me, and I hope we meet halfway. Enjoy!

Chapter Prelude:

Azrael's been sneaking into Enzalde's room and he's been at it for weeks, with his guilt and his conscience gnawing at him. What will Nana think if she found out? He knows, she'll be disappointed. But I'm doing this for her, he would convince himself.

That wasn't really the case- he was starting to doubt Enzalde.

Who is Enzalde Wintergreen? he would force himself to sleep to rid of this thought.
He loves her, no doubt about that, but so many what if's attack him:

What if there were more things that she hasn't been honest with?
What if she's not really Nana?
What if.
What if she never really loved me?
What if all of it was a lie?
What if that guy never laid eyes on Nana?

He wished that in his mission of finding out about that book, he'll get to save Enzalde, that...
I'll find a away to bring Nana back to being Nana, that this was a dream, that she never lied about anything. That she was never hurt.
It was selfish, but it felt natural. Yeah, that's how things should be; should have always.

But what if this was all just a fruit of paranoia and misunderstanding?

He was too hurt and too confused to ask himself that.

And know that if I knew
All of the answers I would
Not hold them from you'd
Know all the things that i'd know
We told each other, there is no other way

No Other Way
Loving Jack Johnson more.

Azrael quit his after-school activities so he could save more time for his investigation, as he would bitterly call it. And boy, he was having fun rummaging her shelf. It gave him alien thrill and excitement. Still, he found nothing but a bunch of research journals and medical books. Was this really all that she had in there? He can't find the old book either. Maybe it was just his imagination, he was tired and depressed after all, when he had supposedly found that mysterious book, even having a voice lead him to it.

But I've put in so much effort already.

And I've already started to doubt Nana too.

I can't go back to pretending that nothing happened.

I need proof.

He needed consolation.

It was just him and Thujane now.

But whatever he did, it wasn't enough. He couldn't find anything. Maybe it was time to take a break? He won't drop this; he can't. He just needed to rest. So rest he did and thought that it was the best time to do what he promised as a love-struck toddler.

He baked.

He practised making toys.

He baked some more and raised money he needed for the toys.

But he can't be irresponsible and abandon his people. So he would still call his council together.

He would invite Palmira over to play, or do homework. But she knew nothing; Palmira will never understand.

It was just sad that Enzalde wasn't there to watch him anymore.

It went on for weeks.

And a few days.

He was sort of happy, but he needed to get back to work. And he found something even more confusing:

Mother,
The child died in my womb.
My lovely child died.
I hope he meets the twins and finds happiness.
Needing you,
A.H.

A.H.? He was A.H. but he never wrote a letter. And he doesn't have a womb. Is it Nana? Nana isn't A.H. Unless she lied about that too. Should he keep the letter to let her know that he knows about the lies? Should he leave it there and find out more later? It was hurting his head. He was having another of those attacks.

I need Nana. I need Nana.

He cries and calls Enzalde in pain. How he misses her and wishes she was right there. He didn't care that he'll get found out. He needed his Nana.

Please come, Nana. I need you now.

He cries. And the world closes around him.

He hears a hum. It was a beautiful and peaceful hum. A song? It was a familiar hum. Azrael opens his eyes and see Enzalde sitting beside him against the gray of the evening.

Azrael: Nana. He smiles.

And his eyes started to well up.

Enzalde: Sweet pea. You found things, haven't you?
Azrael: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I wanted to see you that one time but you weren't there. I, I -
Enzalde: Hush, dear. You don't have to explain anything. It's my fault, entirely my fault.
Azrael: I was sad that you were sad.
Enzalde: I won't be sad anymore. I'm sorry I made you feel that way.
Azrael: But that guy-
Enzalde: That guy, is the least of your concern for now, honey.

She moved closer and hugged Azrael. It was warm. Azrael missed that warmth.

Azrael: I won't mind if you read my mind now.
Enzalde: I won't. I'd rather you tell me, if that's alright with you.
Azrael: Maybe when I'm older. He smuggled a little smile.
Enzalde: Well, it is your birthday soon.
Azrael: Uhuh.
Enzalde: I'm sure you wouldn't want me hugging you, then. Or pinching your cheeks. Or anything that I used to do.
Azrael: Nothing will change, Nan.
Enzalde: Well. I'm not sure, dear. You'll probably start to like weird music and skip school. Or maybe throw eggs at the neighbor. I don't know. Enzalde shrugs and returned a smile.
Azrael: Maybe. I can't promise I won't be a stud and have girls hounding me.
Enzalde: Really? What will Palmira say?
Azrael: We'll see.
Enzalde: We'll see. Let's have that party I promised you.

Enzalde gathered herself and stood up,

Azrael: Nan.
Enzalde: Yes, dear?
Azrael: I love you.
Enzalde: I love you more. Always will.

Azrael went to bed with a smile on his face.

At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »
Honestly I don't really know what I was thinking, for a second I thought it was a bit like Rapunzel where Azrael had been taken by Enzalde as an infant and she raised him instead of his family but to be honest that doesn't make much sense now as nothing else has played out. I'm honestly not really sure but I'm really, really curious as to where Enzalde had gone and why she's suddenly back and happy and normal.
Oh, and don't even get me started on A.H.
Because Azrael is a boy. He's had no babies and nor can he have any in the way described in that note.
This is really, really good. I'm hooked and I really want to know more. Oh, and Azrael's teen days are coming, that should be interesting too...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 03:28:22 AM »
Honestly I don't really know what I was thinking, for a second I thought it was a bit like Rapunzel where Azrael had been taken by Enzalde as an infant and she raised him instead of his family but to be honest that doesn't make much sense now as nothing else has played out. I'm honestly not really sure but I'm really, really curious as to where Enzalde had gone and why she's suddenly back and happy and normal.
Oh, and don't even get me started on A.H.
Because Azrael is a boy. He's had no babies and nor can he have any in the way described in that note.
This is really, really good. I'm hooked and I really want to know more. Oh, and Azrael's teen days are coming, that should be interesting too...

I actually laughed when I reread the part about the womb, but I couldn't have stated it otherwise and I'm the type to spoil things but I can't do that here. I feel so agitated. Haha. *Raises arms in the air and disappears.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »
As I'm currently in the process of screening my shots, I present to you, a new character! Though old, in a sense. Just his first appearance. Do tell me what you think of him? He sort of reminds me of someone, though I can't point out who.

You can probably guess who he is, too.

:D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
Hmmm, he really looks familiar to me. I want to say Alfonso Alto, but I could be very wrong on that. I'm stumped.
I can't wait to read the next chapter though! :)

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair- Ch10: Story of my Life
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »
I would just like to say that I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys would enjoy reading it!

I gonna write the melody
That's gonna make history,
And when I paint my masterpiece I swear I'll show you first
There just ain't a way to see who and why or what will be
Till now is then
It's a mystery, it's a blessing and a curse
Or something worse

Story of my Life
Yesterday's a memory
Another page in history,
don't you just want to agree
with Bon Jovi?

Whenever he dreamed, it rained hard- like a thousand screaming souls in pain. But Azrael wouldn't know that. He always had the sweetest slumber. It was the eve of his birthday and the Mistress sent him a dream. It was the same ominous night but this time, she hopes Azrael remembers it, because Azrael forgets his dreams. He was dreaming about castles and dragons and Palmira as the princess who fought along with him. Heck, Palmira was too strong to just wait around and wait for a prince to save her. But it dissipated, blurred to nothing and replaced by an image of a man.

Raziel Hawke. The one man he has never met but remembers. The man whose photos he has never seen but nonetheless recognizes. Raziel Hawke, the rumored gentleman of the Hawke Family who wrote that book, and his grandfather.

The images came in frenzy. It was a torrent of events he could have not witnessed. But he was experiencing it now, as the observer, as the grandson who idolized his grandfather and followed him around everywhere. Only that he couldn't say anything.

In his dream, Azrael woke up. But he wasn't in his room and it seems that nobody can see him. He wandered around and saw his grandfather looking at a painting.
Were those ghosts? He asked himself and he was excited.

His grandfather left, after uttering a few whispers to the painting.
  Was he talking to them, the two ghosts in the painting? Was he crazy? He never met his grandfather, he wouldn't know. He followed him to the library and sensed his grandfather's apprehension. What was he up to? But he wouldn't know. He waited for his grandfather to get inside, but instead, he took a step back and walked away.

He walked towards the direction of an alley. When he emerged, his pace started to quicken to a run. He was cautious, quiet in his every step.
Did he always do this? Azrael was intrigued. He followed him to a place he couldn't name. Was it a park? His grandfather was inching among the bushes. That was weird. Anybody would make a noise moving around the bushes. But it was his grandfather, and his grandfather was always shrouded with mysteries.

And his grandfather slowed down. He didn't know where they were, or what his grandfather was going to do. But he sure liked to have one of those horses.

This isn't what you're here for, he tells himself. So, he forgot about the horses and followed his grandfather more closely. His saw The Eye. Magic? He watched too many an anime, thanks to Tony. Yu-Gi-Oh? He didn't know what the symbol truly meant.

He followed his grandfather in. And he was glad he did. His grandfather provided answers to questions he never even asked himself. That place was a sanctuary of all occult. He was pleased. Will Nana believe me if I told her things? His grandfather was leaving. Maybe he was going home, Better follow him, he thought.

At his grandfather's house, he lounged around. He couldn't see me, that made him jump for joy, but also sad. He wanted his grandfather to see him. It was his dream, he can do whatever he wanted. But he couldn't and he didn't like that. His trail of thought broke when he heard a deep, resonating laugh. He ran to see what it was. His grandfather was talking to a mirror. What were they talking about? It was a language he couldn't understand. It sounded old and dead. Latin? His teacher told him Latin was a dead language, and it was definitely how it sounded.

Apparently, his grandfather was a very busy man. How did he sleep? When did he sleep? Technology students don't sleep, he heard one of the adults say. He didn't like that, he liked sleep. His grandfather was like a Technology student. It turns out, his grandfather was the type to rummage through other people's things. It made him guilty about what he did with his Nana's. He won't do it again. He was screaming at his grandfather, You'll get caught! You'll get caught! Well, he didn't get caught.

He just proceeded nosing around someone else's mails.

Grandfather is a very busy man. He remembers him being referred to as a gentleman. Was this what it meant to be a gentleman? He certainly didn't like the idea of it. He went on criticizing and weighing the true meaning of a gentleman and what his grandfather was. But he got distracted. His grandfather started to fly across a river. No. It was deeper and wider than a river.

He found out that even if it was his dream, he couldn't fly. He left his Pegasus in his real room.
I'll just wait for grandfather at his house then. But he couldn't not be tempted to look for that book. So try he did but found nothing. Didn't he write it yet? It was making him frustrated. Here he thought he could have answers to his questions. Fine, Nana promised to tell me after my birthday. Though he did find some pieces of paper with profiles of the occult his grandfather met. His grandfather was a very good writer. He could vividly imagine them with just reading their profiles.

He read through some notes at the back of the profiles. Witch. She claims to be a Mayfair. Note to self: Find out mark of Mayfair.

He gasped,
The Mayfair witches were real! No, they are real.

He found another, ran through the profile and imagined their meeting. They shook hands under the rain. They didn't mind the rain? He was puzzled. He banished the thought and looked for the notes at the back.

Another M. Find the mark. Could there really be no mark?

What was this mark grandfather was talking about? He put the pieces of paper back in the book. He didn't bother read it. It was too thick and old. He might damage it and ruin his dream.

Too late. His dream ended. The last thing he saw was his grandfather promising to what appears to be his child.

We will get out of here. I promise you, no one will find you.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair:Chapter 11- Happy Birthday
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Happy Birthday
There's nothing to explain.

Azrael woke up. And he woke up with a bad stomach. What happened last night? He starts to remember something. And then, nothing. I'll think about that later. He has nature calling. What a present. He told himself.

An accident happened in the bathroom. He wanted to cry.

The day started well. Until a few things happened.

It was a good thing that Enzalde had the day off. Talk about timing.

And while Enzalde almost died from worry and fear, Azrael forgot about it so easily. He went to play in the bath like nothing happened.  A little accident won't stop him from celebrating his birthday. Wonder where he got all that confidence from?

Enzalde changed her clothes. That piece will always remind her of the bad thing that happened. She called and invited Azrael's friends. She didn't forget to invite the Medinas, too. And although she knew he'd mind, she invited Matteo. Matteo was important to her as Azrael was. Chase Easter was already there, playing video games with Azrael. She was still uncomfortable having the man around. She got rid of the thought and called for a mixologist to cater to the adults. Azrael's friends were mostly adults. Even Tony already grew up.

By the time afternoon arrived, the place was set. They had Easter help them out. He was a guest, but he insisted on it.

Tony was the first to arrive. And someone he vaguely remembers. Ariel? Was it Miss Walsh? Was that a dog? He couldn't help it. Sometimes his eyesight fails him.

By the time he was to blow his candles, the snow started to fall. It was Paradiso. Why did it snow in Paradiso? He was looking for the imaginary friend who always has answers to his questions, and almost always refuses to.

Azrael: And Miss Walsh or something couldn't wait, that she started eating the muffins I made for Palmira.
Cai: It's your birthday, A. You don't expect anything from her?
Azrael: Nope. I just want her to come.

Everyone started to gather and sing him "Happy Birthday." Enzalde was the happiest.

Well, everybody but Miss Walsh-something.

And Palmira wasn't in that crowd. He wanted to wait for her, but everybody was waiting. He blew his candles with his heart broken.

He planned to bum and lament all night when she came. She was late but she came. And she didn't age up just yet.
Why? He had to wait yet again.

The three sat together. They were best friends, but the burger was standing in their way of eating properly and chatting. So, they ate in silence. Chatted afterwards and goofed around. But it was getting late, and the kids had to go home; not after Palmira greets him, though.

Palmira: Hey, A. You'll be the one waiting on me now. Happy birthday! She smiled and ran.

Matteo didn't. He was an adult. But he lobbied in the new bar the mixologist requested. The old bar is too small for me, Azrael remembers she saying to Enzalde.

He's staring. Azrael bit his lip. He didn't like that at all. But he was no longer a kid, and remembered what he used to say to his Nana while playing king, He'll get his due, alright. He'll get his due. He chose to set that aside and let the night proceed as it had to. He went inside and left the guy alone, dismissed the mixologist-whose-name-he-doesn't-bother-ask and observed from the window.

And when everybody left, Enzalde gave Azrael keys. They were going to drive in the deep of winter. And it thrilled them both.

They drove over to a bar to drink water. Azrael was getting thirsty. Who gets thirsty in winter? I do, he was amused. So does Nan. He starts to remember something.  Something about grandfather? Neh. He brushed off the idea.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair:Chapter 12- Warning
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
This is probably the last update as of today. And if this causes confusion, don't hesitate to ask. Hoho.

Warning. Live without warning
Say warning. Live without warning
This is a public service announcement, this is only a test

Warning
You've been advised by Green Day

In a different place, far from Paradiso, the rain poured. It was time for another dream.

It was the same dream he had as a child. He doesn't remember much from it, but it was familiar. The images flashed back. It was just a dream but it made him dizzy. He saw his grandfather again.
He seems happy. He bet it was a girl. A Hawke won't go around smelling flowers for the sake of it, unless it's research, or something. Whatever it was, it's certainly a girl, is what he thought. Grandfather was smiling funny. No questions about that. He mused a little and followed him around. I'm going to meet granny! He got excited. He didn't know how his grandmother looked like. There were no photos. And now it was weird to him that he knows how his grandfather looked like when there weren't photos, either. It was weirder that he was having this kind of dream.

His grandfather did a lot of things, except meet with his grandmother. He got distracted and saw a ghost. It wasn't just a ghost.

He lost his grandfather.
Where to go? He went to the museum, wondering how and what old art look liked, and saw his grandfather there, snooping around.

Raziel Hawke was a wizard, but didn't care. He pursued his passion for knowledge and investigation. He wrote about the others he met. It was only about that until he read about the Mayfairs. The Mayfair had enigma. Not much was written about them and he wanted to be the first to find out. He didn't care about the power, as he had received no training in it. His parents died in a fire and he's been alone for as long as he can remember. Azrael doesn't know that. And he still doesn't realize that he was a wizard himself. He had fun with the broom, but he'd seen that you didn't have to be a witch or a wizard to ride that thing. It was automated.

He left his grandfather alone and explored the place.
What was the name of this place? He went to look for a sign, or hear people say it. But he found himself in his grandfather's house. His house? Well, I guess this is how it works in dreams. You know things you don't. He shrugged and went inside.

He saw the book again but doesn't seem to remember anything from it.
This is vaguely familiar.

He opened the book and pieces of paper fell from it. He automatically looked at the back of the paper.

The Goodfellows know something. They're not telling me. Find the mark.

The mark. he uttered. He was remembering. The Mayfairs! This is it! This is about the Mayfairs Nana used to tell me about. He was thrilled. It didn't matter that he was a teen or that Tony would probably laugh at him if he told him. This was something big. This could be something that people from Paradiso never heard about, or choose to ignore and label as fiction.

Azrael went to scan the pages of the book. It was a journal. He sees a series of pages dedicated to Zarall.
Why is Zarall here? He was starting to wonder if the stories his Nana told him were really just stories. But this was a dream. Anything can happen in a dream. He wanted to find out more, but his grandfather was home, and with a woman. Granny? He was starting to smell romance happening and he didn't like it. I'll leave as soon as I find the need to, he tells himself.

Well, they were sweet, though, not disgustingly sweet.

He didn't plan to leave just yet, but then his grandfather glanced to his direction and gave him a face that seemed like: You don't want to see what happens next. So he hurried and left.

What was that? It was like he saw me! Azrael exclaimed in disbelief. Crazy!

I'll get back later, I guess. But as he walked around the town, he noticed that it was changing. Time? Time was passing. He needed to go back to the house!

When he got there, he saw his grandfather sleeping, his grandmother looking down at him. It was suspicious but he dismissed it.

It looked to him that his grandfather was growing weaker by the day, and that his grandmother was pregnant. Time was running fast. The images just keep flashing at him.

He was right, his grandfather was getting weaker. And he didn't know why. He was seeing the days pass and scenes unfold. It bothered him that his granny had someone come over. He found out that her name was Beatrice Crumplebottom. Fishy. Even her name shouts suspicious and tragic.

They were whispering in the bed room. Why was this woman in the bedroom? They smiled and laughed and chatted.

Until Beatrice said what she did.
Beatrice: Shannan, It's good to know that you're doing your task.

Granny's name is Shannan? He only wondered now why he only knew his grandfather's name, and his father's name. He has no memories of the women in the Hawke Family.

Shannan: I'm not happy doing this.
Beatrice: Who signed up for this? Beatrice's voice was growing angry.
Shannan: I love him.
Beatrice: Nobody told you to fall in love.
Shannan: What did you expect me to do? Did you have a good look at him? He's handsome and everything you would want in a man!
Beatrice: You are a Mayfair! And Mayfairs do what they have to!

She almost yelled. It was a hushed but angry voice. Grandfather was outside, writing away. He believed whatever excuse they gave him for talking inside their room. She left, as soon as the conversation was over. With a triumphant smile. She got to say what she wanted to say.

Shannan gave up and let Beatrice win the argument. But she had wanted to be Mayfair for as long as she can remember and this was the one chance they gave her. The Hawkes. Get into their bloodline and you'll be granted. She could hear the elders chant in her head. This is your mantra. Know what you are to do and who you're doing this for. Their voices kept haunting her for that brief moment. And by the time it was over, she wanted to cry.

The days kept going on fast forward and Azrael can do nothing about it. He only watched and followed Shannan whenever he could. He was worried, though, if Shannan could see him, too. But did Raziel really see him, then?

He followed her to a desolate place. It was raining and magic was spurring.
What was that? A unicorn. Shannan was trying to get help from a unicorn. Azrael couldn't comprehend what happened there, nor could he understand what they were saying. This dream is causing me more confusion than the lies Nan told me.

Another fast forward. He was getting dizzy. He can't have one of those attacks in a dream. He can't possibly, but he was becoming frightened. Is this really just a dream?

Raziel lay dead on the floor.

Shannan: This is your fault, she uttered with sadness and contempt.

Whose fault?

As Raziel lay and devoured by death, Shannan left. And she left the baby there. Lying and crying to her. Or to his dying father.

What is this I'm seeing? Grandfather couldn't have.

He died. And didn't. Now he knew what Shannan was after.

Azrael could hear his grandfather shouting in pain. Dying is painful. But being brought back is a thousand times more.

Raziel hurried to his son.

Raziel: Don't worry. I will protect you. You will be Abaddon, he pursed his lips. And you will destroy them.

Shannan's love was real, and Raziel knew that. But what drove her to this love was the cause of his death. The Mayfairs did this. Even Zarall. Zarall died and nobody knew why. Now he knew. Now he knew how he died.

Shannan went to the old abandoned mansion. Like other nights, it rained. It was the night of lament and mourning, and that night, Shannan died and nobody found out. Nobody saw her. Nobody knew that she died except Raziel. He felt her presence disappear. He cried for the death of the woman he loved. He cried for seeing but waiting for this to happen. He cried for everything he chose to do. But it was over. It was painful that she had chosen to abandon the child. It was their child. But had she taken him to them, he will die. The child would've died.

She loved me, but she was selfish.

That night, the whole world cried with him.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 12- Warning
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 02:09:45 AM »
Three chapters! Ohmygosh! What a treat! I'm completely in love with this story, I can't believe it, so there's the name - the Mayfairs. Ok, so things are starting to make sense, I feel bad for Azrael's father! My goodness! Some kind of love she had! This is amazing! I really can't wait to read more, I want to know if they are still running from the Mayfairs, or if maybe Azrael was KIDNAPPED by the Mayfairs and they're on the run with him... oh it's opened so many doors of possibility in my mind. I'm hooked on your story, it's like a good book that I don't want to put down. The screenshots are excellent and tell the story well.

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 02:42:27 AM »
Three chapters! Ohmygosh! What a treat! I'm completely in love with this story, I can't believe it, so there's the name - the Mayfairs. Ok, so things are starting to make sense, I feel bad for Azrael's father! My goodness! Some kind of love she had! This is amazing! I really can't wait to read more, I want to know if they are still running from the Mayfairs, or if maybe Azrael was KIDNAPPED by the Mayfairs and they're on the run with him... oh it's opened so many doors of possibility in my mind. I'm hooked on your story, it's like a good book that I don't want to put down. The screenshots are excellent and tell the story well.

To all that, I can't help but post this photo. Playing with the jelly beans is fun, if I must say. This comment tempts me to update some more. But that would probably be overkill, I can't have you dying on me  ;D ;)

And regarding the "still running from the Mayfairs, or if maybe Azrael was KIDNAPPED by the Mayfairs" question, well. It's probably both. I hope that answers it. >:D

What can I say? I like to spoil. Hoho.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
I've been reading this for a while now but have never commented...and wow. Just...wow! The imagery, the characters, everything just falls together. I am absolutely intrigued!

Offline cainspath

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:05 AM »
I've been reading this for a while now but have never commented...and wow. Just...wow! The imagery, the characters, everything just falls together. I am absolutely intrigued!

Heey, Thanks Raia. I was starting to get worried that I'm getting clicks but no real reads, so thank you! Prepare yourself! Hoho. Maybe in the weekend, though.  ;D :P

Offline cainspath

• Townie
Re: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 13- Starter (The Proper Chapter)
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
Edit: I found my Hawke game lagging, a truly frustrating experience. So, I ended up with having an even shorter chapter and have therefore decided to combine my trolling chapter and the supposed-chapter 14 to make a proper 13th chapter. So here it is!

[Hello, lovies! I was tempted to put up a teaser before I did any decent updates but, why ruin the surprise with questions? So, I give you, a starter of sorts, to this full-course menu of mysteries and questions without answers! I was thinking of using Fortunate Fool by Jack Johnson and realized that Azrael's not a she. If you listen to the song, all you hear is she and her. Anyway, here it is, and it's not a proper chapter. I just wanted to troll a bit.]

This is the time
it's a delicate line
to the beginning of what's yet to come
Lifetimes of changes
a strange generation
explanations never come in time
So I'm leavin' everything behind

Starter
The Cardigans

Azrael woke up tired to the gray morning and the sound of rain against the earth. It was a long dream and he was tired, but he remembered. He remembered the dream he doesn't know he'd forgotten. It excited him that Enzalde was finally going to tell him of the stories, the history. The secrets. He let out a relieved sigh. I'm going to pick up lost pieces of myself. He couldn't believe how much he doesn't know about the family, or himself. I was a kid. He's still a kid. He closed his eyes and let his dreams embrace him once again.

He woke up in the dead of the night.
I was asleep the whole day? His brows tied to a knot. He felt his body sore.

Was the cold getting to him? It's been raining and snowing.
Crazy weather.

He yawned. Why is it so quiet?

He checked his alarm: 22:55. 22:55! That makes almost 24 hours! He scrambled and got up.

The house was its darkest. The rain was making things unnecessarily dramatic.
Is Nana upstairs? Doesn't feel like it. I suppose she's in the hospital.

Is she?

He wouldn't know. He's had too good a dream to doubt.

He went to the kitchen and fixed himself cold cereal.

Sleep didn't visit Azrael that night. Maybe he had slept too much. Maybe there are thoughts gnawing at him. I'm not quite conscious of anything. He muttered to himself as he washed his hands, hoping to wash away the anxiety- whatever it was. Either way, he wasn't sure. He just knew that he couldn't sleep.

There was a creak upstairs.
Rats? But Nan is particular with stuff like rats. The wind was blowing hard against the door that opened to the terrace, and it bothered him. He wasn't scared. He just couldn't get himself to go upstairs again. After everything that happened. And he might just see things that will only complicate matters more. I can't make things worse for Nan. Or me. So he ignored the banging and the creaking. It won't break. I hope. His curiousity and confusion started to replace the excitment. No. I have to prove to Nan that I've grown up and that I can handle myself better. That I won't break the trust she gave me. Even if she broke the trust he gave her.

Azrael started to move around the house, changed out and into clothes, never daring to go upstairs. He realized he's gained more from making the toys than just toy-making. He understood clockworks now. He could hammer the toilet seat and not break it. He could do the same to the baths. He could tinker the kitchen appliances and make them better than new. It pleased him. But he never really finished anything when morning came. He was still distracted.

Accidents happened in the bathroom. He had to change back to his old clothes. Gross.

It was past eight in the morning and Enzalde still wasn't there. She was supposed to be off at three in the morning.

Some emergency maybe?

He became better at making excuses for everything.

Yep. An emergency. Emergencies are always more important than a teenager's hungry stomach.

His thoughts wandered to college. I should go to medschool. He cracked his knuckles. That's right. He paused. Medschool sounds cool. Azrael had always adored Enzalde. He adored her still. She was the best girl around. Ever. There can be nobody but her. Except maybe a mum. But I don't have someone to call mum. And Nana's like a mum. These thoughts made him realize that despite the debates he'd have and will be having with himself, he hasn't grown mature as he'd expected to become. He's still in love with the idea of Enzalde staying with him forever. It was nothing romantic. Even gross is an understatement.

He would have pondered more about random things when his stomach growled. Right. I can't sit around here all day and wait for Nana to fix me breakfast. He headed to the kitchen and decided to make waffles. I can't make fruit parfait. But Nana always just mixes fruits, and, uh, fruits. Why can I use the stove, uh, oven and not make fruit parfait? Sim logic. What he said was more of a statement than a question, though he did wonder.

He had an outcome expected. But the real thing was worse. Well, he expected it to go wrong. Someone seems to have forgotten he's cooked away part of his childhood and played with batter and dough.
I can't eat this. It looks too good! His face became distorted. Wow, Nan. Is this your method of teaching me to live by myself? By working overtime every time? He laughed.

Oh, if only that was the case.

You're probably wondering, why are there suddenly Unit/Part Titles? I- Azrael Hawke, is done. And it's basically just about him finding out that there are a lot of things he doesn't know. Sorry, I'm not good with explaining things. Now, why is the second unit, II- Garrett Hawke? I wish that you have enough patience and interest to delve into the Mayfair story deeper.

But you may ask, who is Garrett Hawke? Garrett is Dragon Age 2's default name for the protagonist.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 13- Starter (The Proper 13th Chapter)
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »
Very interesting peek into Azrael's psyche. I love how the writing style reflects his thoughts. It's almost stream-of-consciousness.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Blood of the Mayfair: Chapter 13- Starter (The Proper 13th Chapter)
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
Yes, who is Garrett?
Garrett was my favorite character from my favorite childhood movie (Quest for Camelot).
Geralt is my favorite character from the Witcher series...
I'm all out of names close to that one though.
How does he relate to Azrael? Confused. I am confused and intrigued. I want to know more.

I'm truly sorry your game is lagging, I hate lagging games. Isla Paradiso is quite the painful place to be.

anything