Author Topic: Sims 3: Solve the mysteries  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Sims_Lover

• Llama Wrangler
  • Team Bella Bachelor Goth
Sims 3: Solve the mysteries
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »
The Sims series has produced a lot of mysteries. I thought it would be fun if we tried to solve the cases:

Erik Darling did he die or was he killed? : Erik Darling is the deceased husband to Agnes Crumplebottom, he drowned to death and was buried in Agnes' garden. It is stated in Agnes' bio that her husband's death left her bitter and lonely. This issue left some unsolved questions. What really did happen?

Skip Broke killed?: Skip Broke is said to have died in a "suspicious pool ladder accident". However it is hinted that his death wasn't accidental, but premeditated by someone. Prior to The Sims 3, many players would intentionally drown their Sims by removing the ladders while sims were swimming in the pool, making them unable to get out, so they would eventually die as the Energy bar drops out entirely. It's possible Skip's death is a play on this popular practice to quickly get rid of unwanted Sims.

Bella Bachelor disappearance: Bella disappeared sometime in the 25 years between The Sims and The Sims 2. Her disappearance is never fully explained. She is said to have last been seen at Don Lothario's home. The Caliente sisters arrived on the eve of her disappearance, but it is not known if they literally arrived the night before.
I love The Sims 3/4.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Sims 3: Solve the mysteries
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »
The only TS3-specific mystery you listed is Erik's death, which isn't really a mystery, in my opinion. I say that he drowned purely by accident. Agnes is a hopeless romantic, and none of her traits would point to her harming a spouse. Plus, a lot of players have resurrected Erik and gotten him back together with Agnes, and they seem happy together. Burying him in the garden makes sense, given what her extended family does. The Goths bury their family members at home too, so why would Agnes give up such a time-honored tradition?

I think the producers were well-aware of removing the pool ladder when they made Skip's story. And I don't think players will ever stop speculating about Bella's disappearance. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sims 3: Solve the mysteries
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:39:38 PM »
There's also the "What is with the Doe family?" speculations that started when Midnight Hollow was released. In a town full of sims with personalities more on the odd side, a family that's said to be "perfectly normal" arouses some suspicion. Even the bio for the family hints at it. ("But didn't their house use to have a basement?")