Author Topic: Can't Enter Dragon Cave  (Read 9819 times)

sammyllama

Can't Enter Dragon Cave
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »
Well I'm on the adventure where you have to beat the emperor. The thing is I will go down the stairs for the tap saying enter the Dragon Cave doesn't go away and I can't walk anywhere in the place. Where ever I click on the floor it says use the stairs but that just takes me above ground again. Is there something wrong with my game? Can this be fixed?

Shalmanasar

Re: Can't Enter Dragon Cave
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »
How did you pass the front door of the cave ? I mean the one in the dragon mouth ?
Your post make me think that the validation on front doors opening (specific action) is not correct

(Excuse my Frenchy english, I'm a bit rusty ^^)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
Assurément, Shalmanasar.  :)

I hope you'll pardon me for not understanding Sammyllama's question.

Sammyllama, are you saying when you click (tap?) the option to "Enter the Dragon Cave" your Sim moves down the stairwell, but your Sim can't move or see anything in the cave?

-- Happytime

sammyllama

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
No he can't move but I can see everything just fine. It doesn't really matter now anyways because now when I try and open the launcher it comes up with a box saying there was an error during startup >.<

Offline Ezradimos

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »
I have also had this problem.  You can click on the stone door and it lowers and to enter is says use stairs.  Once your down there you can see everything fine but you can't click on anything and the only option you have is to use the stairs and it sends you right back up.  I tried going to a previously completed tomb and it was the same thing.  Could not click on anything and only option was to use the stairs and I exited the tomb.  I restarted the game and then the tombs were completely dark and non visible so I just deleted the game figure it was some kind of corruption issue. 

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »
Yeah, Ezradimos, sounds like a bug / glitch. I've never seen anything exactly what's been described here, but yeah ... if your Sim is clicking on stuff that should be reacting, it's likely something's messed up somewhere.

-- Happytime

Mzklvr6

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
I had this problem, too! I figured it out today and thought I'd do some searching to help others. Just to make sure we're having the same problem...
Clicking anywhere within the room only provides a "Use Stairs" action.
Clicking outside the room results in no available actions.
The problem only occurs after certain steps in the adventure chain are completed.
Zeneport using meditation is prohibited.

I have found (after more tries than I am willing to admit) that this error normally occurs later on in the adventure chain to kill Dong Huo. The Cave is accessible when first entering China after obtaining the keystone in France.

I passed the glitch by using the eyes of Horus, which I got in Abu Simbel in Egypt. When I first entered China, I went into the cave before completing the rest of the steps in the chain and put down one of the eyes in the chamber where the keystone should go (the one with fire traps on the top floor). I then completed the other chain steps, and when it was time to enter the dragon cave again, I just used the other eye in my personal inventory to transport myself immediately into the chamber. No glitches after that. It must just be the first room at the bottom of the stairs that throws something in the game off.

To get out of the Cave after Dong Huo is defeated, you must open the door at the dragon's throat, the initial door leading to the cave, from the inside. This only feels weird because the door is usually already open when a Sim is inside, but because you cheated a little to get in, the door is still closed.

Though this worked for me, I am aware that it may not work in everyone's game. I hope this helps!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
I had a similar issue with one of the earlier Dong Hou quests a very long time ago, although clicking in the room didn't give me the option to use the stairs.  My sim just couldn't move from the base of the stairs.  This was one of the areas under the market.

I eventually gave up on it and traveled home.  When I returned, I got the same quest so I tried it again and was able to move freely around the area and complete the quest.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
Strange, in all my games (after Generations and before) I never had a problem with the Dragon Cave. You must have a glitch.

Frey

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
No he can't move but I can see everything just fine. It doesn't really matter now anyways because now when I try and open the launcher it comes up with a box saying there was an error during startup >.<

I always get this one, sammyllama. Try removing the disk from your cd/dvd reader and putting it back. That works for me, most of the time. For some reason, having the My PC folder (is it called like that in english? sorry, my PC is in spanish) open while you do this seems to help too. If that doesn't work, try restarting your computer. That's what I do when this error hits me  ;).

Sorry I can't help with the dragon cave thing though.

anything