Author Topic: Triggering Dystopia  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »
Hi, I had a sim go into the future and explore around, and did some of the quests. I took her back home and changed the future to dystopia. I took her back and everything is still normal except she has the magnet. I had her use it three times, then talk to Emit, but the quest he gives is the beginner one of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," "Green a Descendant" one. Is this normal?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:12:54 AM »
I found out that, as w/any of the quests throughout the game, just keep clicking until you get a good one. : /

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Future Quests Starting Over?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:14:08 AM »
It does sound like something is wrong.  If you've done everything to change the future to Dystopian, it won't be "normal" anymore.  It will be ugly with trash everywhere and fires shooting up from the ground, etc.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
I'll try one more time.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
I just had another thought on this. Does it matter if you're at lev 10 on Advanced Tech? She wasn't at lev 10 at that time, but she is now.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:57:29 AM »
Hi again Pam! I tried again, and the dystopian future just won't work on my comp. I have no idea why. I started by clicking on the almanac, triggering the dystopian future, the time traveler appeared and gave me the magnet, traveled to the future (not able to use the magnet in the present) and used it a total of 8 times (3 times for the quest and 5 more times for her wish). She got various metals, but no meteor and no distopia. Do I have to keep using the magnet, hoping to get the meteor? I'm clueless here. I think I'll try one more time w/no mods in and I'll see what happens. It could be a mod that is interfering w/it.

Edit: I just did the Utopia one and was given a string of quests to do here in the present. Nothing like that happened for the dystopia though. I'm already getting notices that the future is giddy w/happiness.

Edit again: This one worked.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
I think I found my answer. Since there was a series of quests for Utopia, I thought there probably should be for Dystopia.  I selected another sim and this time used the magnet outside BEFORE I went to the future! I'll try one more time w/my original sim and see if she can use the magnet at home. I tried once and couldn't do it, but maybe it will work this time. *fingers crossed*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »
The thing about the magnet sounds right.  Using it in the future won't do anything.  Your Sim has to use the magnet in the present as part of the string of opportunities to change the future to Dystopian.  The magnet brings meteorites to the surface, which works toward changing the future.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Triggering Dystopia
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:15 AM »
Yes, I found out. It worked this time! I've only had ITF for a couple of days and the instructions didn't say where to use the magnet except outside. I'll try using my original sim again and see if she can use the magnet at home.