Author Topic: Pet questions  (Read 3737 times)

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Pet questions
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »
Can you fix your pets so they won't have Babies?

Can your pets get hit by a car? Can they visit the dog park along and be safe? Or is this like reality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Pet questions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
Your pets will only have babies if you let them woohoo in a dog house (cats/dogs) or stable thingy (horses) - I don't think they'll do so without your direction.

No your pets can't get hit by a car (neither can sims actually). Your dog could go to the dog park on his own, but it might be a long walk (I can't work out how to get animals to take taxis without a sim going with them).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »
Hi jodysuzanne,

All"try for baby" actions, even among pets, must be user-directed, so there won't be random pet litters regardless. No fixing required. :)

All pets can pretty much do whatever they please wherever without fear of negative repercussions, so Fido and Whiskers will be perfectly safe roaming the neighborhoods. I have mine go hunting all day while the humans are at work and school, though as pallyndrome mentioned it can be a long walk.

Hope this helps!

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:11 PM »
I've had two families who while not playing them, have litters. At least I thought that was what happened because in one house I had a black cat, when I returned there where two black kittens. Also, a house with one brown female horse, when I came back suddenly had 3 new brown fouls. So I assumed they had bred. But looking at their family trees it doesn't show that any of them are related to each other. Does that mean my sims adopted them while I was playing another house?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:48:58 AM »
I have had the same thing happen jodysuzanne - I think it's a glitch. It only happens when I switch to a different family, then switch back. I've had it happen in a family that only had one cat - suddenly there were little kitten clones. I just get rid of them before I play that family again.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 06:41:25 AM »
I think it might be the game's way of doing pet story progression.  I've seen the little clones fairly often, especially with the neighborhood adoptions.  There's never two pets, just the mother and identical babies. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »
I think it might be the game's way of doing pet story progression.  I've seen the little clones fairly often, especially with the neighborhood adoptions.  There's never two pets, just the mother and identical babies. 
That is really the case. In my current save, there's a family having female horse, with which some of my sims are friends to (and my horses to their horse). Even though they have no male, their horse keep breeding triplets (only twins last time though), each with exactly the same traits every time. Looking almost same with very little differences, and very similiar to their mother.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »
But when this happens it doesn't show that they are related in anyway.. Why? Just a glitch?

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »
I was wanting to split the offspring from their families and them merge them with another but I was wanting to come across their offspring later. But with no family tree it's less exciting..

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
Ok, if you don't remove the offspring they will have offspring! The house I mentioned earlier with 1 adult and 3 fouls now has 1 senior horse, 3 adults, and two new fouls!