Author Topic: Questions about swap shop uploading rules.  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
Questions about swap shop uploading rules.
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
Hello, I have some questions. They are probably already asked and answered, but I couldn't find it. I also rather ask twice than making something wrong. I don't want you to be mad at me!

1.If I make a house with patterns from a forum member, am I allowed to upload it?
2. I read that you have to post a certain amount of comments before being allowed to upload pictures. Is this true or did I mess it up?
3. I read that you don't want people to put up pictures because of it taking so much space, and I understand that, so do you recommend us to link pictures from our blogs etc. instead or do you recommend something else?
4. If I link pictures, or post pictures without it being via the forums photo gallery, is it still the ten picture limit? I am guessing that rule exist because of pictures taking so much space.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Questions about swap shop uploading rules.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
Hello, I have some questions. They are probably already asked and answered, but I couldn't find it. I also rather ask twice than making something wrong. I don't want you to be mad at me!

1.If I make a house with patterns from a forum member, am I allowed to upload it?
2. I read that you have to post a certain amount of comments before being allowed to upload pictures. Is this true or did I mess it up?
3. I read that you don't want people to put up pictures because of it taking so much space, and I understand that, so do you recommend us to link pictures from our blogs etc. instead or do you recommend something else?
4. If I link pictures, or post pictures without it being via the forums photo gallery, is it still the ten picture limit? I am guessing that rule exist because of pictures taking so much space.

1. As long as you credit the person who made the pattern in your post, then you can upload it.

2. You used to need 10 screenshots before you could register for an account with the forum's built-in Gallery. However, the Gallery is in the process of being phased out, so no new accounts are being accepted. You'll need to use a different site to store your screenshots.

3. You can either link to a blog or simply use a different image-storing site and place the screenshots like that.

4. The limit is still ten screenshots, regardless of where the pictures are stored. The rule exists out of a combination of keeping posts tidy and professional, and to make the page easier to load. The more pictures there are on a page, the longer it takes to load.

Hopefully I've answered your questions. Welcome to the Forum!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
I'm moving this to the main Swap Shop board. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:58:21 PM »
Thank you very much! :)