Author Topic: Grandmaster Challenge II: Bishop Takes Another Head Kick!  (Read 39832 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Grandmaster Challenge II: Bishop Takes Another Head Kick!
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
The lowest wait time between trips you can have is 24hrs. This is only possible with the adventurous trait.

I read that adventerous made it 28 hours, that's all. I was just really confused about that.

You guys both did great I'm really impressed! Good job :)
- Jessica

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
I read that adventerous made it 28 hours, that's all. I was just really confused about that.

According to the Wiki you are correct —

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Adventurous

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
Oh Nutella! I thought you were Kurt Cobain but wasn't sure how, his ghost perhaps! I was sure that face was familiar, so bad, I confuse artists! LOL

But then, if you are Brad Pitt, I'm Daenerys Targaryen  ;)
ˇPura vida!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
Jesirose, you made me check my notes against my spreadsheet thanks to your questioning, I realise it's over now but I see I wrote 8:12 PM on my bit of paper but my spreadsheet said AM so it miscalculated  :-[

For the sake of correctness this is what it should have been.

Town Time: week 1 day 2 8:12 pm
Vacation 1: day 3 9:35pm
Vacation 2: day 6 12:35pm

Total time: 14062

Sorry  :-[

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2014, 05:20:23 PM »
I hope you don't think I was saying you cheated or anything I was just trying to understand how you guys did it so fast
- Jessica

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »
Oh no I don't think that at all, don't worry  :) It will teach me to double and triple check everything next time, it's one of the reasons I write it down as well as fill in spreadsheets, glad I did now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »
Jesirose, you made me check my notes against my spreadsheet thanks to your questioning, I realise it's over now but I see I wrote 8:12 PM on my bit of paper but my spreadsheet said AM so it miscalculated  :-[

For the sake of correctness this is what it should have been.

Town Time: week 1 day 2 8:12 pm
Vacation 1: day 3 9:35pm
Vacation 2: day 6 12:35pm

Total time: 14062

Sorry  :-[

Well, the good news at least is that it did not affect your standing on the leaderboard after the fact.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »
Well, Here is what I did for this challenge.

I made a fairy because she will level logic and athletic fast with her Mind and Body aura. She had the LTW of Swimming in cash. I bought over 385 cheap book cases and then sold them and then rinse and repeat until I finally had 1,300 simoleons left. On the last bookcase, I put all the books into her inventory and immediately went to China. I went to the shop to buy the training post, board breaker (which I figured out later was really a waste of money oh well hehe) 4 of the incense. I made sure I sold just enough of my books so I wouldn't go over 5,000 as i was buying items. I also went and cleaned out the bookcases and refrigerator on the home base. Then I went home and went to the elixir shop and spent a couple hours there buying the elixir store out until I got the Wish Enhancing Serum and got my LTW completed then.. I was always looking to see of any of the people from China would come visit, and Shen Su showed up at the elixir shop while I was trying to get the Wish Enhancing Serum, so I threw a friend potion at him and then when he went home at around 3 PM, I invited him to come stay with me on the phone. He became my sparring buddy in between chess opponents. You will level a little slower, but it increases you luck at your Martial Arts tournament and I think the skill incense made up for that little bit of a lose..

My fairy had the following Traits:

Genius
Computer Wiz (you level logic faster on the computer, so she was always doing this if she was fatigued with sparring or had no opponents)
Ambitious
Athletic
Disciplined

I got the LTR to level her social groups to get Loves the Outdoors as well.

I got the following main LTR: (with all the Wish Enhancing Serums I was able to get each night I got a lot of LTHP to spend)
Steel Badder
Hardly Hungry
Haggler (for cheaper elixirs and food etc)
Strong Stomach (so I wouldn't worry about being nauseous with coffee beans and herbs)
Inappropriate but in a good way (so i could stay longer in peoples houses)
Dirt Defiant
Fast learner
Attractive (right before I went to China I got this LTR so i could make friends easier and then call for sparring matches at people's houses)
Long Distant friends (so i wouldn't have to worry about keeping up the friendship level)
Prepared Traveler

Most of my chess tournament was in my home town. I was planning on cutting it short, but I got lucky with 3 of the 4 people I had invited over staying at my house because I invited them inside when they first showed up on my lot and re-challenged them a few times.

Staying at a central house in China and inviting the next sparring opponent made it easy since they wouldn't leave the house we were sparring in until late at night. I finished my last chess opponent in China with a level 7 in logic. I thought I would need to defeat more chess opponents, but they gave me the title with 16 wins. I did nothing until my fatigue wore off except replenish my needs and moods (mainly with the fairy house, shower spray cans and elixirs I had bought or coffee beans at the end). If someone said they couldn't come..  I would go to them and start the sparring at their house for the day. I tried to stay at Biyu Shen's house for most of it because she had the skill leveling incense.

Edit: I also wanted to mention this challenge had a bit of luck to it also. Can be frustrating hehe.. Darn sparring person saying I can't right now, and me hunting them down..

Forgot to mention I was employed in the Architecture Design Profession for this challenge.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »
Great strategy Blackrosea! Of course, a fairy!

Personal reminder: lifetime wish "Swimming in cash"... I always give them a LYW according to what the sim will so, so for this one I gave her the one of being level 5 in martial arts, and that I got the last minute, so I didn't even get to use those LTP!!!

I must ask: why architecture design? Mine just wasn't employed, do they get something positive if they are employed?
ˇPura vida!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
I must ask: why architecture design? Mine just wasn't employed, do they get something positive if they are employed?

For some of the Ambitions and self-employeed careers like that one, stylist, etc you get a weekly stipend, regardless of how well or often you do the job.
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
Also, architects get a discount in build/buy for as long as they hold the job for.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »
Also, architects get a discount in build/buy for as long as they hold the job for.

I didn't know that one, that seems like a nice bonus!
- Jessica

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:52 PM »
I also used a fairy, with the aura, a great boost of mood with freshly washed clothing, great music and a very nice decoration she almost always was in a very good mood.

First thing I did after loading my game was take a logic class and then head to China. I "borrowed" the books at home camp and went to the market. After buying the training dummy, board breaker (wast of money), some food, incense holders, showers in a can and the two person tent I went home.
After reaching level 3 in logic I started inviting people over. I used a fenced in area (didn't remember to lock people in, will have to do that next time, so many just left after a lost match) with two (later three) chess tables with comfortable chairs, the best music, incense holder from China (and the one from France wich I bought at the consigment store) and some decoration, my sim always had a great mood. In between waiting periods with the chess opponents (I had some bad luck with people heading of for a full day of work just after ariving at my home) I read the skill book for material arts (also bought from the consigment store), and after reaching level 3 I used the training dummy.
When I had reached around level 6 of material arts and deveated I think around 12 people from my chess tournament, I went to China for 6 days (with prepared traveler). Just before going on vacation I went to the spa for the completly at easy moodlet (lasting 7 days). This meant that my fairy sim could always had an aura (for boosting mood). I started my tournament at the academy, but after a few matches I had one opponant refusing to  come over. I went to their house and challenged them there. I bought the inappropiate LTR so I could nap in their house between fights. This meant I hardly got the fatigue moodlet. Before a match I would made sure my mood bars were full. The first few matches I lost some before winning, but after the routine with napping between matches I only had to rechallenge them once or twice. I got lucky that I could do all of the tournament in China within the 6 days, so I had no need to get on a second vacation.

I completly forgot that you could use elixers in this challenge, and I didn't remember that I could do the chess matches in China too, could have saved me some time.

I didn't knew that either! Something to remember for a next challenge.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »

I did it for the 40% discount on the buy/build mode. I was able to get a lot more bookcases at the beginning for selling the books. then I would have had without it. I also used it to buy a Margaret Vaguester car to get around faster.