Author Topic: Woodhall, 5 br, 5.5 ba  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Woodhall, 5 br, 5.5 ba
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:44 AM »
It takes a special kind of bravery to build something this big out of wood in a land troubled by dragons. Then again, it's still standing, so perhaps the builders were as good as their boast.

Built in reply to this request.

40x40
$139,760
uses items from Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Supernatural, and University Life, as well as items from Dragon Valley.

4 floors, 5 bedrooms, 5 and 1/2 baths, nursery, fishing pond with rank 1 and 2 fish, garden beds for 36 plants.

Available for download, here.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Woodhall, 5 br, 5.5 ba
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
I saw the picture you were working from, Sindocat, and I think you did an amazing job!  This is great!

Would you please add a note as to what content you've used in the house?  Thanks.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:55:51 PM »
Certainly. :)

Still learning what's expected, here. Please don't hesitate to let me know.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:13 AM »
Your a really talented builder, Sindocat! I really hope you can share some of your other builds with us.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:25:30 AM »
Wow , I just love the style of this house . Admiring your roofs . Just brilliant . You're very talented .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ilovebakedgoods

• Llama Wrangler
  • I just swallowed my gum.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 12:31:34 PM »
This is beautiful! Well done. I love the rooms that sort of mirror each other, love the roof, love the colors. Definitely downloading this and putting it into my Dragon Valley neighborhood.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »
Really nice. Love it.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »
Beautiful! Love the style :)
Bravo!

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Thanks, all. But remember, the credit for the design goes to Old Norse church-builders. I just adapted the design on request.

I've been playing a small household in this house, and it seems to work well. However, I have not yet hired a butler or maid or bought a Bonehilda coffin, and I understand there are sometimes pathing issues when staircases are stacked (as I do here, placing the 2nd to 3rd storey stairs directly atop the 1st to 2nd storey stairs), so that may be an issue to watch out for.

One other shortcoming is the ground floor powder-room (half-bath) behind the stairs, between the kitchen and dining room. Because Sims will pick the closest available sink when cleaning dishes, if they eat in the dining room, they'll be tempted to do the washing up in the bathroom. When they eat in the kitchen, they seem happy to use that sink (or, in my case, the dishwasher, because I decided they could have one :) ).

anything