Author Topic: Glitch? 'All' townies + NPC's in the park  (Read 1393 times)

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
Glitch? 'All' townies + NPC's in the park
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:11:38 PM »
(I don't know if there's a thread already on this issue.)
Anyway, I have the weirdest bug in my current game. I hope that someone knows what's going on and might help me!
I'm playing Bridgeport, I'm in my 7th generation in a game which usually means that I've come across a couple of glitches (anything from the occasional extra child in Egypt or France to family members being disconnected from the family tree, Sims stuck etc). This is however the first time this particular glitch has happened.

What happens is that many Sims (not all of the town population), go to the same lot. In this case it's the Marina Field park. This especially applies to all homeless Sims and NPC workers such as maids, bouncers or mixologists, but several regular townies (PCs) turn up as well. There really isn't a rule to who shows, and it's not always the same townies from day to day.
The NPCs follow these following routines: Bouncers (if invited to my family) say that they have to "leave for work" when the clubs open (as usual), but instead they take a car/cab and go to the park. Sometime in the middle of the night, however, some of them actually leave the park and go to their workplace. Mixologists follow the same pattern. Maids and Repair workers show up at my house when I call them or when their shift starts, but at noon they leave and go to the park, where they hang out the rest of the day, claiming their daily salary at the end of the day.
The Sims in the park aren't stuck in any way, they hang out, socialize, play games or bring instruments and play. Though it seems to me that only PCs are free in this way, and that the NPCs such as mailmen etc just go there and sit around.

I tried reseting all sims in the neighborhood, which sent away all the Sims in the park, however they seem to come back. I must say it's quite neat when you're playing an investigator, because there's always people around to question. However, going out to clubs etc is almost impossible because you can't get past the ropes since there aren't any bouncers on duty. They will guard the ropes from a distance, but since they are not there it's not possible to interact with them and therefore pass.

I guess I should add I'm not using any mods or anything. I have quite a few expansion packs but I don't think it should be the reason. (LN, P, WA, A)
Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Glitch? 'All' townies + NPC's in the park
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »
I think I've heard of this glitch or a similar one before. Could you try removing Marina Field Park through Edit Town and see if the NPCs take the hint and go back to their jobs?

(If your game is a dynasty challenge, please ask the Challenge Team first before doing that, though!)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.