Author Topic: Characteristic Traits for Supernatural Sims  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Cashmere

• Nooboo
Characteristic Traits for Supernatural Sims
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:00:33 AM »
Hello.

I am looking for some help creating new supernaturals. I know of course that any supernatural can have any character or trait or job, still looking for something more 'stereotype/characteristic' for the specific Sim. There are ofcourse a lot of different types of Fairies or Witches or the likes through movies/books/games, but I would be interessted in the image you have in mind when you 'hear' on of these occults (species). So I was hoping for ideas to make them even when act autonomously, more vampirish or werewolfish or whatever they are. If you know what I mean ;o.

Supernaturals I am looking for fitting traits:

Vampires
Werewolfs
Fairies
Witches
&
Mermaids

I would be grateful for any kind of help or maybe a source were I could get some food for thought.

Thank you in advance :v

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Characteristic Traits for Supernatural Sims
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »
Well it depends what expansions you have Cashmere. I would associate these traits:

Fairy: Childish - because they like playing games

Mermaids: irresistible - because of the legends, enticing sailors to their demise etc

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
Gotta have the Night Owl trait for vampires. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:19:34 AM »
Gotta have the Night Owl trait for vampires. :P

Plus definitely brooding for vampires.

Witches: maybe evil? That reminds of The Witches book by Roald Dahl. Plus maybe Gatherer to collect all the ingredients for their potions...

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 02:50:35 AM »
Fairies' auras benefit logic, athletic, musical and artistic skills, so you might want traits to enhance these further. I generally lean towards Artistic, Virtuoso and the like rather than more cerebral or physical traits. Over-Emotional also suits them.

I like my Werewolves to be more physical - they often get Athletic as well as Loves The Outdoors.

I let my Witches be more intellectual - Bookworm, Loner and Night Owl are often among my choices.

But really, it's up to what suits your Sims and how you play them.

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Cashmere

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 04:53:25 AM »
Thank you all for the nice ideas.
Sometimes I just have problems to come up with stereotypes or better to express them 'into' SimTraits. I didn't even remotely thought of Bookworm and Loner, but I like it, as much as the rest.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
Vampires could maybe have Evil (it's quite evil to suck blood.) or Athletic (vampires are said to be strong and muscular) or Irresistible (like Edward Cullen and his family: clever, perfect & stunningly attractive) or Hates the Outdoors (should explain itself), for example.

Fairies are prankster teens that never gave up their pranks. Childish, Rebellious or Insane, maybe? Or then something less traditional and more mischievous, liken in Kiersten White's Paranormalcy: Evil, Mean Spirited or Commitment Issues?

Werewolves are hunters, but I think they also care a lot for their cubs. Loves the Outdoors, Gatherer and Slob belong in the former, Family Oriented and Friendly to the latter.

Witches are often associated with cats, so Cat Lover could fit for them. Or Loner or Genius, since the witches of the fairy tales usually work alone and are often intelligent.

Mermaids could have Flirty, Loves to Swim or Dramatic.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.