Author Topic: Queen of the Dragons- FINAL CALL (9/6/2014)  (Read 46627 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Queen of the Dragons- FINAL CALL (9/6/2014)
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:17:56 AM »
Stats and Family Information

Welcome to the Wyvern Family.  Enjoy their tale, for there is more than just a Legacy to them.
Wyvern Family Tree- SPOILER ALERT!
Canine Wyvern Family Tree- SPOILER ALERT!

Check out The Wolf's Den to download the Wyverns!  More will be added as I get a chance.

Settings:
   Town: Monte Vista
   High Free Will
   Normal Life Span (Modified: Babies-2 days, Toddlers-5 days, Children- 9 days, Teens- 7 days, YA- 28 days, Adults- 29 days, Elders- 17 days... I think XD I'd have to go into game to check the settings)
   Total Year Length: 20 days (each season is 5 days)
   Enabled all weather
   Lunar cycle set to 4 days
   All lifestates enabled
   Opted in to celebrity status

Other rules:
   Each heir will have a supermax skill which will earn a point; but only 1 point for each skill, can't be counted twice
   Seeing how many pet generations I can get
   First born of each generation will be the heir: if it is a multiple birth, first named is the heir
   An extra point will be awarded for each heir that is a witch
        I am using mods, specifically The Woohoer, Story Progression, Careers, Traveler, and MasterController, all from NRaas.

Founder
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second Generation

Third Generation

Fourth Generation

Pets

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Queen of the Dragons
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »
Legacy Points:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »
Special thanks to the amazingly talented intl-incident for the absolutely gorgeous Gothic stone manor that is being used for part of this chapter and that will make appearances in subsequent chapters later on.  I saw it once and fell in love.

Prologue: Prelude to a Legacy

Oh my ‘dear’ twin sister will pay dearly for this treachery, I vowed to myself as I surveyed the empty plot of land before me. 

As sweet, black thoughts of the vengeance I would wreak upon her spun round and round my mind, a gruff bark had me looking down and I remembered by ‘companion’.  Despite myself and despite the situation—and my ire at said situation—I reached down to give the majestic beast a quick belly rub.  Sighing, I rose from my crouch to look around once more…

So begins the story in the tattered pages of a magnificently preserved old tome found in the basement of my ancestral home.  These are the words of the progenitor of my family, the Mother as she was called.  She went by many names, during her life.  But the one that she was first known by was the Queen of Dragons.

I don’t even know why I’m writing this all down.  Maybe it’s just something to do… as if I didn’t have enough to do already.  But despite all the time I’ve been spending searching for answers, I have yet to find any of the information that I need.  Perhaps if I record my thoughts, I might come up with something I missed before.

The house was extravagant and sprawling, something that fit my sister Lyall to a T, as they say.  While my lip curled in a bit of disdain, I couldn’t help but admire the sweeping structure, the craftsmanship of the home.

It wasn’t something I often noticed.  Then again, this form was just as foreign to me.  But my sister had been adamant about it.  Some nonsense about my true form frightening the neighborhood… then again, if my sister hadn’t chosen to live among the mortals, this wouldn’t be a problem…  But I digress.  I arrived at her home quite a bit earlier than she had said, hoping to catch her unawares.  I should have known better.  Lyall didn’t do anything that she didn’t want to do.  Rather than have anyone meet me, she made sure that I had to come searching for her. 

After exploring the home (simply for my own curiosity, of course), I found her in what I assumed to be some kind of work room… I believe the mortals call it an office or a study, maybe.

She was seated behind a desk and grinned at me insolently.  “Welcome to my humble home, sister dear,” she gushed, not bothering to rise to hug me.  Despite the show of opulence, and her words, we each knew where we stood with one another.

“Humble?”  My voice dripped with sarcasm. 

“Well, it’s all relative, I suppose,” she replied with a shrug, though she was smirking at me.  But the smirk faded soon enough.  “Come, follow me.  We can be comfortable while we talk.”

With all that happened between my sister and I over the years, I crossed my arms over my chest.  “Why am I here, Lyall?”

“I will tell you in due time!” she snapped.  She must have seen the surprise and shock on my face because she sighed.  “I apologize.  Celestia… I know we have not always gotten along and in fact, our relationship has become strained.  But I promise you, I am not wasting your time, but what I am about to tell you is important and shouldn’t be taken lightly.  I am extending an olive branch, if you will.”  She bowed slightly, a gesture I knew to mean she was sincere.

“Alright, as you wish,” I murmured, just what could be so important.

She led me through the house to a gorgeous living room with a vaulted ceiling.  Somehow, it all seemed a bit… tame for my sister.  I took a seat on one of the small sofas and Lyall took a seat in one opposite me.  We sat in silence for a long moment, each taking a measure of the other.

We stared at one another until I felt a little laugh bubble up.  Finally, I told her, “Your choice of house surprises me, Lyall.  It seems too… tame for you.  It is gorgeous, but not quite what I pictured for you.”

“I was a bit surprised myself,” she murmured, looking down at her lap.

“But it’s grown on me.  I enjoy the grandeur and can’t help but love it.  I know you scoff at the way I choose to live in the Sim Realm, but it suits me.”

“Hm.”  I tilted my head at her.  “Yes, your personal choices notwithstanding, I find myself curious why you’ve asked me here… and why I cannot assume my true form.”

At this, my sister narrowed her eyes at me.  “You are relegated to this so-called inferior form because you have let your own ‘children’ run amok.  This land is only just recovering from their ravages.”  Her glare found its mark and I shifted uncomfortably.

“Yes, I… suppose you have a point,” I finally admitted.  “Though, in my defense, I have been away for many years and was unaware of their rampage until it was too late.”

“Well, be that as it may, that is why you are not allowed to use your true form.  I have made my home here and would prefer not to disturb my neighbors too much.”

I settled back with a sigh.  “Fine fine, you’ve made your point there.  Now, what did you wish to discuss?”

It appeared that she wouldn’t answer me and I was about to ask again after a few moments of tense silence when she let out an explosion of breath.  “I know you prefer to be on your own, to avoid the conflicts and petty squabbles of the Court.  However, you are the most sensitive of us when it comes to the energy flows of the Realms.  Surely you have noticed the imbalance?”

I frowned.  “Yes, I have noticed a few anomalies, if you want to call them that, but-“

With an impatience I knew to be intrinsic to her character, she interrupted me with a shake of her head.  “They are far more than an anomaly.  The magic and energies of the Realms are unstable.  And it is growing worse.”

I could feel my frown worsen as I contemplated this.  Yes, now that I examined what I had been able to feel and sense, it made sense.  “What is causing it?”

“We aren’t sure, not really.  What we do know though, is that the Sim Realm is experiencing a large influx of the energy.  The balance seems to be shifting here.”

Another silence stretched between us as I absorbed the information.  Now that she pointed it out, I understood why I had felt an odd sensation when I had first arrived.  I had chalked it up to being in an unfamiliar form.  But now that I concentrated, I could feel the surplus of energy around us.  Running my tongue over my sharpened canines, I wiggled my nose.  “What do you propose we do about this?”

“Well, being that you are the best of us with the ebb and flow, it was put forth that you explore this realm and see if you can’t pinpoint where and how this shifting is occurring.”

I could only stare at her for a long moment.

She stared right back.

I couldn’t speak.  She smiled at me, obviously enjoying my reaction.  “It won’t be that bad, you know.  We will have to take some precautions though.  We wouldn’t want to endanger this Realm more than this energy influx already is.  We will have to suppress your ability to shift form, just in case.”

My mouth opened but no sound came out.  Lyall stood.  “Come, I have a place for you to get to work.  You’ll want to perform your own research, I’m sure.”  She came to me and pulled me up by my wrist.  I still couldn’t think of a single thing to say and somehow, I was following her down to the basement of the house where an area had been prepared for spells and magical research.  I still don’t know what compelled me to follow my sister’s instruction or to even contemplate going through with this insane scheme.  I was the last one who should be exploring the Sim Realm.  I made it a point to avoid it and yet… I could read between the lines.  If I went through with it, I could be here for quite some time because I would have to repress my natural power and so it would take longer.  But I had felt what Lyall had been talking about.  I was the most sensitive to energy and it made sense to send me.  As it was, I found myself pouring over volume after volume, searching for… something.

Finally, I found something that might work to help me suppress my natural power.  I was a poor potion maker however, so Lyall volunteered to make it.  Before long, she presented me with the finished product.

I looked at it for a long time, long enough to have her laughing.  “Come now, I didn’t poison it.  I know it’ll be difficult for you, but it’ll be over before you know it.  After all, we’re immortal, aren’t we?”  Eyeing her suspiciously for a moment, I finally put the bottle to my lips, and then tipped it up before downing the contents.

The taste was… awful doesn’t even cover it.  I gagged and choked for a long moment and it felt like fire licked down my throat and consumed my chest.  The room began to spin around me and I fell onto my side.  As my vision began to grey out, I saw my sister’s face above mine.  There seemed to be regret in her eyes.  “I’m sorry Celestia,” she murmured.  “This was the only way.  You’ll understand… later.  You might even thank me for it-“  That was all I heard as I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, I found myself here… on this empty lot in a place I was even more unfamiliar with than the land that my sister had made her home in.  I learned later that the Sims there called it Monte Vista.  But I didn’t care about that, not then.  I was too horrified.  My sister had perpetuated the ultimate betrayal.  I was no longer Celestia, Queen of the Dragons, Lady of Air and Dusk.  I was a Sim… Lyall had turned me—mortal.  A sense of urgency drove every beat of my heart; I could feel time already beginning to ravage this inferior body I was now trapped in. 

I don’t know how long I lay there, but eventually, I bounded to my feet, almost falling over onto my face, unused to moving in this body.  Only then did I hear the soft ‘chuff’ of sound next to me.  When I looked over, the creature cocked its head to the side and then gave a bark of welcome before it stretched out in a kind of bow.

A wolf… one of my sister’s.  I almost smote it then and there… but something about the look in its eyes stopped me.  When I looked closer, I noticed there was a scroll attached to the black spiked collar it wore.  Frowning, I reached for it and took the scroll and opened it.

Dearest Celestia,

First, let me apologize for my duplicity.  I should have told you the truth, but I knew you would refuse me.  I know you won’t believe me, not right now.  But please believe me when I say that I am doing this for your own good.  You are most likely cursing my name and vowing all sorts of vengeance right now, but I know that deep down, you are terrified.  Yes, I have trapped you in a mortal body.  Yes, I lied to you, or at least I was not completely honest with you about what must be done.  But I did not lie about there being a problem, nor did I lie about you being the best choice.  You are the
only choice.  The truth is, you are the only one that can repair this balance for it was your own essence, in the form of your dragon children that caused the imbalance to begin with.  That is all I can say right now.  I will let you digest this information.  Knowing you, as I do, you will spend the next few days (which is foolish, since you have a limited number of days in this mortal body) trying to find a way to reverse my little potion.  I can assure you, you won’t find a way.  I would suggest you make the most of your time and for once in your life, try to enjoy yourself.  Open up… but since I know you won’t, I will just wish you well and good luck.  I will contact you again.

Love your sister,

Lyall

P.S.  This is Diego.  He is one of mine, though now he is yours, sister.  I figure you will need some companionship.  No matter how furious you are with me, I don’t see you able to harm him.  He will not resist you, regardless.  Take good care of him; he will take good care of you.
[/u]

I rolled the scroll back up and then threw my head back and screamed out my frustration, Diego a bit startled at first.  Then he joined me, throwing his own head back and adding his howl to mine.  After a while, I stopped and then sat down on the ground, burying my head against my knees as I pulled them tight to my chest.  It was a long time before I could pull myself together, but I did, finally.  My sister didn’t even have the courtesy to supply a residence… though I did find what I found out to be this realm’s currency.  Diego brought me a small pouch and I found these Simoleans inside.  But it was $1300, not even enough to give me more than a hovel!  But Diego proved to be helpful in this regard; his hunting skills were exemplary and it was amazing to me what these Sims would pay money for.

So I had my hovel and was able to purchase enough components to create my own little station to begin practicing my craft once more.  At least I wasn’t completely powerless.  I still seemed to possess some rudimentary powers, though it paled in comparison to what I should have been…

Diego continued to hunt up things to sell as well as more spell and potion components for me.

I would find my way out of here and I was going to throttle my sister… that was my plan anyway.  But things changed, as they do.  Excuse me, Draco is crying.  He needs to be fed.  I will have to catch myself up after I’ve fed and changed him.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Prologue 3/1/2014
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »

What an interesting beginning! I like the way you've tied the Dragon Valley story into your legacy; should be fun.  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Prologue 3/1/2014
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
What an interesting beginning! I like the way you've tied the Dragon Valley story into your legacy; should be fun.  :)

Thanks ^^ Glad you liked it.  Without further ado, here's the next chapter!

Chapter 1: Coming out of her Shell

Hm, now where was I… Oh yes, just as my sister predicted, I spent several days, desperately searching through tome after tome, testing potion after potion.  But nothing reversed my current state, again, just as Lyall had intended.  But I refused to give up, refused to believe I would remain this way.  Yet all I was doing was working myself into a state of utter insanity.  So I decided to step away for a little while.  I had yet to explore the place she had sent me.  Monte Vista… While I was still angry, I did understand why she did not send me to Dragon Valley.  The ravages my children had caused were only just being cleaned up.

Deciding it would be beneficial to take a breather, to just clear my head, I began to walk around the town.  Diego, after being such a good helper deserved a break too, so the two of us went together.  I can admit this now, but at the time, I viewed it as more of a chore, but I found myself enjoying it, the brisk pace, the wind through my hair… Watching Diego bark and yip happily, just enjoying being with me and going for a walk; it was the first smile I was conscious of since I had awoken in the empty lot.

We stopped at the Consignment Shop, mostly just so I could check things out, see if there were any other spell components I may have missed or hadn’t been able to find yet.  While there, I met a man named Hayden James.  As I met his eyes… I felt a flutter in my belly.  It was the oddest sensation and one I was entirely unfamiliar with.  However, I suspected I knew what it was; my sister embraced the mortal form she chose to wear while I never had.  She used to regale me with stories of her conquests.  Part of those stories were detailed accounts of what kind of feelings an attractive Sim would elicit in her.  I could only assume that Hayden James was attractive.  I had to admit that he was indeed, though I was uncomfortable enough that I didn’t stay long.

Despite that, and despite my intentions, Diego and I developed a routine, after tending the small garden I’d planted with various plants that I used in my spells and potions and after a few hours of studying and testing, we would go for a walk.

I have to admit that Diego was my salvation during those first frantic days.  He gave me companionship.  A kind of bond that asked for nothing in return, that just was.  It was… nice.  It was something that I had never really known before and I found myself not only enjoying it, but coming to depend upon it, upon Diego.

During one of our walks, we found ourselves in a rather lovely park.  There, I met the Mayor of Monte Vista.  His name is Constanzo Rossi.  Again, I felt those flutters in my belly, but I was relieved to find out that he was happily married.  I even met his wife briefly, but she had to go shortly after our introduction.

I was finding this attraction business to be a harrowing experience, frankly.  This mortal body contained so many sensations… it was quite overwhelming.  At least Constanzo put me at ease.  I suppose as a Sim politician, it was a part of his job.  Still, I was rather happy to get out of there, but I got a call from him later on that night, just checking in on me to make sure I was alright.  It was… nice.  Rather than the flutters, there was simple gratitude.  I had a real friend it seemed.

With that realization, I wandered around town more often.  I met a few other people, the Mancini brothers.  Both nice, though a bit up-tight I thought.

With a couple new friends, I returned to my little hovel.  It was still a bit depressing there, but it was mine.  I hadn’t stopped my studies, though there wasn’t quite the urgency that there had been before.  I had decided to keep bees since their wax and honey were key ingredients to several potions I made that I sold to the Elixir Shop here in Monte Vista.  Unfortunately, I was not used to dealing with the little creatures…

I’m ashamed to say that I panicked and ran away.  I had run quite far and had gotten turned around.  At first, I didn’t recognize the house.  But then I realized that I was at Hayden’s home.  I debated whether to just turn and walk away.  After all, Hayden was quite handsome and I just wasn’t adept at this mortal body or the feelings and sensations I experienced.  But before I could make my escape, the door opened and Hayden hailed me.  I reluctantly entered.  Relief swept through me.  Though I could appreciate his form, I was not overwhelmed like I had been before and I could even smile and laugh with him for a moment.  Then his roommate came home.

There were no butterflies this time… no, it was an explosion in my head, in my stomach… and in my heart.  I couldn’t say anything; I didn’t have the words to articulate—well, anything, really.  And he seemed just as flabbergasted for a moment.  I used that to run out, trembling and unsure of what had just happened.  Later, I would read a few tales of what the mortals called ‘True Love’ and ‘Love at First Sight’.  Was that what it was?  Perhaps.  All I knew at the time, though, was that I had to get away.  I got back to my home and curled up in the sleeping bag I’d been using since my arrival.  I was tired… that was it.

But later that night, I got a surprise.  David Haynes, the very same man I had run away from, showed up on my doorstep.  We talked for a moment, actually introduced ourselves, then stood there in silence, both of us looking and feeling awkward.  Then the next thing I knew, he had grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to him, his lips on mine!

He pulled away, but after that first taste, I wanted more so I pulled him back!  When we finally came up for air, we both were a little stunned, but grinning.  “What does this mean?” I asked him quietly.

“I’m not sure what this is, or what this all means,” he said slowly, “but, I’d like to find out.  What about you?”

I hesitated, but only for a moment.  I didn’t understand it, not then, but I wanted to find out as well.  I could try to blame it on an innate curiosity, but that was only part of it.  A major part was that I was curious about some of the stories.  David was more than handsome and I found his personality endearing.  So we agreed to see where this would take us.

We become what the mortals call a ‘couple’ or boyfriend/girlfriend and he moved in with me in the tiny little hovel.  Though at least I had made enough to expand just enough to have an actual bathroom and a bed!

David had a job, but one that he wasn’t particularly thrilled with.  He confided to me that he’d always wanted to paint.  I wasn’t worried as much about money at that point, so I told him to do what his heart desired.  He began to paint; surprisingly enough, he was able to sell them for a fairly large amount so not only was he doing something he loved, but it proved to be a lucrative enterprise as well.

I hadn’t given up in my quest, not entirely, but it took a back-burner to making potions to sell.

Between David’s paintings, my potions and the fact that Diego kept bringing us some interesting items to sell, we were able to expand our little home.  We could have a table and chairs, something the mortals call a TV (I don’t understand the fascination with them, but David seems to enjoy it), Diego got his own little space and we were able to put a small basement in so that I could keep my alchemy station down there and work without worrying about the weather or disturbing David too much with some of the sights and smells that were inherent in combining sorcery and science.

Our relationship has been… intense.  Just when I am starting to feel comfortable and start to relax, something will happen: a look, a touch and then something seems to grip me by the throat, and there’s a tightness in my chest.  It’s not an unpleasant sensation, however.  In fact, I’m beginning to really enjoy it.

It happened gradually enough that I didn’t notice… or maybe it is more accurate to say that I didn’t realize just what was going on.  But one day, it hit me.  I loved David.  Even my efforts to find a way out of my situation have gone by the wayside.  I seemed to find excuses NOT to do it.  This is what finally made me realize that I was actually… happy.  I could no longer see my future without David in it.  Even knowing that this mortal body would eventually decay and die, I couldn’t be upset about that, not with David by my side.

I was content with that, or so I thought.  I knew I had David’s love.  But there was something missing.  One day, after working for quite a bit making potions, I found myself feeling ill.  I dashed to the bathroom to purge myself.

I didn’t think about it at the time, figuring that I had been inhaling the fumes too much lately.  But after another couple bouts with the horrible nausea, I began to wonder.  Sure enough, after casting a spell on myself, I found that I was pregnant!  I had a life growing within me.

I didn’t tell David, not right away.  I was too busy marveling at this miracle.  The dragons, my ‘children’, had been created through my essence, given life through magic.  They were mine, but not like the life growing inside me.  It was such a marvel, and brought me close to tears.  Before I could tell David of our tremendous fortune, he called to me.  I walked tentatively to him.  In his hand, there was something, a little box…

I didn’t know to make of it at first.  He just smiled at me.  “My Dragon Queen,” he murmured.  I had long ago confessed who I was to him.  I had expected derision or at the very least disbelief.  But instead, he had grinned just like that and pulled me close.  He seemed to accept it at face value.  From then on, he’d often call me his Dragon Queen, or simply his Queen.  He used that nickname now, his voice so tender it had tears coming to my eyes.  “You have been the light of my life.  I’ve never felt for someone else what I feel for you.  Though I probably don’t deserve it, or you, it would be the greatest honor if you would agree to become my wife.  Will you marry me, Celestia?”

I was speechless for a long moment, unable to speak.  I burst into tears as I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.  “Yes, yes, of course,” I sobbed.

He held onto me for a long moment, rubbing his hands up and down my back.  “I love you, my Queen,” he murmured. 

It jolted me out of my stupor and I stepped back.  “D-david.  I-I have something to tell you.”  Swallowing, I slowly and haltingly told him that I carried a child inside of me, our child.  We had never talked of such things and I had no idea how he would react. 

I braced myself for the shock and even possible ire.  Instead, I found myself crushed to his chest as he rained kisses over my face.  “Let’s not wait,” he murmured.  “Let’s do it now.  We don’t need a big wedding.  We’re already married, in our hearts.  It’s really only a formality, right?”

I nodded, not quite sure what he was talking about.  I knew of marriage, of course, but it wasn’t something I had ever spent any time in contemplating.  So it was that we were married in our little hallway, just the two of us.  Even later, after I knew what a full wedding meant, I found the moment magical.

So it was, that night, David and I went to bed as man and wife.  As I lay next to him and felt the life within me, I could only smile.  Perhaps rather than be mad at Lyall, I owed her a debt… not that I would ever tell her that, though… at least not right away.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 1, 3/2/2014
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 06:04:17 PM »

Diego is SO cute! I look forward to seeing the nooboo.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 1, 3/2/2014
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:27:43 AM »
Diego is SO cute! I look forward to seeing the nooboo.

Isn't he though?  I love the big dogs in the Sims, I really do.  I have far too much fun with the pets hehehe.  *grins* I hope you find the nooboo as adorable as I have.

Chapter 2: The Dragon Prince

My pregnancy progressed rather smoothly, though I am ashamed to say that I was fairly ignorant about such things at the time.  Aside from my rapidly expanding middle and a craving for a dish called ‘spaghetti’, it wasn’t difficult.  I’d find myself pausing every now and again, placing my hands on my swollen belly, just enjoying the feeling of my child moving and kicking.

My child… a combination of David and myself.  It still seemed so unreal, so foreign.  Yet, it was the single most important thing I’d ever done, including falling in love with David.  I told him that one night while we were laying in each other’s arms and he smiled in that tender way he had and nodded.  “I know exactly what ya’ mean, my Queen.”  He pulled me closer to her and kissed my forehead.  Despite the need for more money and being that he’d rather I rest and take it easy, David was very attentive in between bouts of painting.

We needed the money so that we could add onto the house so that we would be ready for when our child arrived. 

We added a little nursery.  Neither I nor David are architects or designers, but I think it suits.  And we finished it just in time.  I’d been feeling a bit poorly the last couple hours and had just gotten out of a warm shower when the pain hit.  It doubled me over; it stole my breath so I couldn’t even scream.

Something seemed to release inside of me… then I could scream.  David claims all of Monte Vista probably heard me.  He might be right, come to think of it.  The pain was like nothing else I’d ever experienced before. 

Luckily, though he was sweating, David seemed to keep a cool head.  He hustled me out of the house and hailed a cab (we haven’t yet been able to afford a vehicle yet).  He told the driver to hurry; I think my groans and the occasional curse hastened him as well.

The snow was thick, but we trudged through it to the hospital doors.  It was all I could do not to grip David’s hand… I was afraid that I’d break it, quite honestly.

After several hours of excruciating labor, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.  Draco Maxim Wyvern was born around 10 pm on a cold, snowy winter night.

He truly is my little miracle.  My little boy.  I can’t seem to get a grasp on it yet.  He’s just so precious.

David is beside himself with joy as well.  He’s so proud of his little boy.  Already, he can’t help but spoil Draco, even though he is only a burrito.  Draco has bonded already with his father.

Every time I hold him in my arms, I am swamped by emotion.  He is so tiny, so small, yet so full of life and potential.  What will he be?  What will he do?  Will he share my powers?  Will I be a good mother to him?  Me, who only became a mortal a week ago?  Threading through the questions and my own doubts about my ability to be a mother was a storm of love.

Oh, since we have been so busy with Draco and being first-time parents, poor Diego has been feeling a little neglected, though he has never complained.  Wanting to make sure he had some companionship, David suggested I call the pet adoption agency.  I did and we now have another new family member.  Her name is Darcy and according to the agency, she is a full blooded Akita.

As I sit here, during a rare moment of peace, I can only think about what my life has become.  I have a child whom I love more than life itself and a husband whom I love so very much and each day it only grows more.  I may have been the Queen of Dragons and a Goddess, but I did not start living until my sister stripped me of my immortality, and then dumped me unceremoniously in this Realm.  I may actually owe her a debt, come to think of it… As I watch my husband cook in nothing by his underwear, all I can do is smile.

He noticed me watching him.  With a grin, he walked backwards, beckoning for me to follow with a waggle of his finger.  We retired to our bedroom for a brief interlude.

Before we knew it, it was time for my little boy to become a toddler!  It just doesn’t seem possible.  David gave me the honor of getting to be the one to take him to the cake.  I stood there for a moment, trying not to tear up.  I did remarkably well, for the most part.

At least… until a near tragedy struck!  As I leaned down to blow out the single candle, it fell off onto the wooden counter surface and lit into a blaze!  I jumped back and turned around, holding my son protectively to my chest while my husband jumped forward to try to put it out.

It proved to be too much though.  Luckily, the fire department arrived before it became too severe and put it out.

I’ve never been so scared!  I held Draco tightly to me for a long time and clung to David.  He took Draco from me for a moment, kissing his son and then kissing me.  I could tell he had been terrified as well, but he was holding it together a lot better than I was.

Eventually, though, after our heart rates had returned to normal, we tried again.  And we had the fire department on speed dial, should we need them again…

But it all went perfectly this time and my nooboo was no longer a burrito, but a toddler.  And an adorable toddler at that.  He has my eye color and my ears, but the rest of him is all his father.

After I put my tired boy to bed, I heard Darcy give a howl.

Apparently, Diego and she had gotten along a LOT better than either David or realized!  The poor thing was giving birth!  She was carrying a litter of two pups.  We dubbed them Gabe and Gage.

Diego is an exceedingly proud Papa.

Well, it’s certainly been an… exciting day.  It’s time to put Draco to bed.  My darling little boy.  Our family just keeps on growing.

David and I crawled into bed, and just held onto one another for a long moment.  “My Queen,” he murmured into my ear.  “I think our little prince should have some siblings.  Don’t you agree?”  I showed him my agreement rather than saying anything…

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 2, 3/4/2014
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »
Profound! Totally bookmarking this. I really look forward to the updates and the would-be conspiracies. Does Lyall have motives for doing what she did? It's hard to believe even if it's adamantly implicated.  :-X
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:59:25 PM »

With red eyes and a name like Draco, the little guy seems down right ominous. And squeeee for adorable pup-boos! This convinces me: I need to have puppies in my game for once!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 01:41:42 AM »
Profound! Totally bookmarking this. I really look forward to the updates and the would-be conspiracies. Does Lyall have motives for doing what she did? It's hard to believe even if it's adamantly implicated.  :-X

Thanks!  I'm honored to hear you say that ^^  Hehehe, you'll just have to keep reading to see.

With red eyes and a name like Draco, the little guy seems down right ominous. And squeeee for adorable pup-boos! This convinces me: I need to have puppies in my game for once!

lol!  Yeah, I suppose he does, doesn't he?  Though, I also find him to be one of the most adorable toddlers I've ever had.  Not sure what it is, but so far, this family has produced some of the cutest nooboos I've had.  And yes, you totally need puppies!  They are so much fun!  And their hunting skills are phenomenal! 

Chapter 3: Toddler Spam and Love Day

I can’t seem to stop taking pictures of my little boy!  He’s just too cute.  And he’s so smart.  Maybe a little neurotic, but so smart, too.  He’s taken to potty training so well.  When he looks up at me with eyes that match my own, I get a bit misty eyed. 

He also has both his father and I wrapped around his little finger.  I find I don’t mind so much.  Who could say no to this face?  They would need a higher power than I…

David volunteered to work with him on talking.  He has an easier time understanding his babbling than I do, for some reason.  Maybe I’m not as in touch with mortals… with other Sims as I thought.  Or maybe I’m just not good at understanding toddler-speak…

Hm… well, unless someone left out that grilled cheese I had for too long, then I believe that Draco will soon have another sibling.  I must say, this nausea business is awful.

It’s confirmed, I am truly pregnant.  I told David and he was as excited as when I told him about Draco.

Despite the fact that I’m pregnant, I insisted upon teaching Draco how to walk.  He’s just so full of joy and laughter.  And watching him on his little wobbly legs makes me laugh, too.

David and I have been feeling a bit cooped up lately, so when Love Day rolled around, he called a baby-sitter for the first time…  I was a bit nervous, I’ll be honest.  But we could really use a break, I know.  We haven’t had much alone time since Draco was born, of course.

We went to the pizza parlor, drank espresso and ate cheesy garlic bread.

We stayed there a while, talking and looking at one another across the table, playing something my husband called ‘footsy’.  Mostly, it involved him gently rubbing his foot against mine.  I don’t know as I would count that as ‘playing’ anything, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself and enjoyed our time together.  When we got home, we cuddled up on the couch and watched a movie.

Once it was over, I was feeling pretty tired, more so than I had been when I was pregnant with Draco.  Truthfully, it was a rough night.  Then early that morning, my water broke.  Somehow, the pain was worse this time.

Off to the hospital we went.  After a difficult labor and delivery some 4 hours later, our son, Falkor Luke Wyvern was born.

Back at home, I fed him, then lay him down.

David and I sat down to eat first, then go to bed.  We were both pretty exhausted.  As we sat there, shoveling food into my face, I had a realization.  “You’re birthday is tomorrow!”

He waved it away.  “Don’t worry about doing anything for it, love.  We’re both too tired to worry about it.” 

Diego likes to sit in the nursery, like he’s standing guard over them.  I’m very appreciative of this and have to give him a reward of a good belly rub.

Speaking of Diego… the poor thing became an elder today.  It doesn’t seem possible.  But we’ve been in this Realm for quite some time and animals, even one such as Diego are mortal.  It hasn’t slowed him down at all, though.

Oh!  It seems Draco inherited more from me than just my ears and eye color.  Power runs through him as well.  He looked so surprised!  Then so happy when his little toy reappeared in his hands.

The more I think about it, the more that I realize that though I am mortal, I am still Queen of the Dragons… which means that my children carry that legacy in their blood as well.  I don’t know what significance this has, not yet, but I find myself wondering about what the future may hold.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 3, 3/5/2014
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »
Fantastic story so far, Shewolf!  I love the name Falkor!  (One of my favorite movies)
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 3, 3/5/2014
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:06 PM »
Fantastic story so far, Shewolf!  I love the name Falkor!  (One of my favorite movies)

Thanks!  That's an honor to hear from you my dear, truly ^^  And yeah, it's a great movie.  It went so well with the theme too, so I was excited to use it ^^

Chapter 4: Adulthood and Time Flies By

David has become an adult now.  I was a bit surprised how concerned he seemed by hitting middle age.  I think he experienced what my friend Constanzo called a ‘mid-life crisis’.  He seemed to worry about whether I’d still find him attractive.  I told him he was being ridiculous.  Perhaps the sparkles just went to his head… He did decide he was going to switch up his wardrobe, try something different.

I still think he’s just as handsome as he ever was.

Still, even with this little bit of insecurity, there is no question about his ability to care and love his sons.  He’s so attentive to both of them.  He often hears them before I do and wakes up immediately and goes to them to feed them or change them.

I also had my adult birthday, though really, this one snuck up on me.  It hasn’t been as difficult for me, I think, because I don’t have a lot of the same fears.  Or maybe because my own life has been such an upheaval, this seems rather small.  I did decide to do something a little different with my hair, deciding to let some of it grow a bit longer. 

Gabe and Gage have both left their puppy stages and have become beautiful, full grown dogs.  They are both wonderful mixes of their parents.

Time surely does fly.  The boys shared a birthday; first, my little boy would leave toddlerhood and become a child.  I just can’t quite believe it!  A part of me, the part that has become so very attached to this life, is terrified and doesn’t want to let go.  Another part, the part that has survived from what seems another life entirely, knows that this is only a small time frame, and a part of life.  I’ve managed to meet somewhere in the middle, but because I was afraid I might not let him go, David took Draco to the cake first.  He spun around as the sparkles hit…

My boy is a child now.  He only grows more handsome.  His hair is longer than I thought it would be, but it suits him.

Then it was Falkor’s turn.  I carried him to the cake this time, a bit more composed.  Once again, sparkles descended over one of my children and life moved on.

Falkor has certainly took more after me!  He has my skin color, my hair color… David calls him my mini-me!

And already, Falkor kicks up a fuss when his father went to take him to his crib.  Oh my, another one with a very hard to resist pouty face!

Even between raising our two boys, we’ve managed to continue to pull in steady incomes regardless of neither of us having actual ‘jobs’.  Diego, Darcy, and now Gabe and Gage have been instrumental in this.  The gems and metals they hunt up have allowed us to not only survive, but to thrive.  We’ve been able to renovate our home into something more than comfortable.  We’ve even added a second floor and turned it into our master bedroom, as well as added a second room for Falkor and added space for all of the dogs so they are more comfortable.

Draco is a very studious child and has already begun a love of reading.  But he also has quite the imagination!

His first day of school arrived and he ran out the door, very enthusiastic to begin learning, though he did get a head start on his own.  Truly, the boy devours knowledge like his brother drinks his bottle of milk!  When he arrived home, he was gushing about all the things the teachers were beginning to teach him as well as talking about a few new friends he had gotten to meet.  Then he sat down to begin his school work.

While Draco learns of the SimVerse at school, his younger brother is learning how to walk, talk, and use the potty like a big boy!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 4, 3/5/2014
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »

Man, the boys each got a nice split of their parents' genes. It's little hard to tell, but it looks like a pretty even split for features and colors. Draco looks like his dad, with his mom's eyes, and Falkor seems like his mom but with his dad's eyes.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Queen of the Dragons- Chapter 4, 3/5/2014
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:54 PM »
Man, the boys each got a nice split of their parents' genes. It's little hard to tell, but it looks like a pretty even split for features and colors. Draco looks like his dad, with his mom's eyes, and Falkor seems like his mom but with his dad's eyes.

Yeah, they really did.  And yes, Falkor does have his father's eye color but looks like his mother in every other way.  I'm really happy about that, too cause I think they are just adorable and just keep getting better as they age.

Chapter 5: Brothers Stick Together

“I think the house looks good like this,” I told David over breakfast one morning.

He nodded, smiling at me as he took my hand in his.  “That it does.  That it does.”  We had recently been discussing possibly having another child.  We both wanted another one; maybe we’d have a girl this time.  It was still up in the air, but one of the reasons we had remodeled was keeping this in mind.

For now, we aren’t necessarily trying, but if it happens, it happens.

David is still hard at work at his painting.  Now that the boys are older, he has more time to put toward his artistic pursuits. 

Draco has been steadily going through school and I have received several notes, even calls from his teachers of how bright he is.  He’s also making friends.  He brought one of them home after school on Friday.  Her name is Cecilia Costa.  She’s a sweet girl and the two of them are already best friends.

She spent the night and slept in the bottom bunk in Draco’s room.  He’d specifically asked for a bunk bed because he wanted to be able to have his friends sleep over.

He also asked for something else; it seems my boy is very interested in science.  I found myself a little taken aback by this because in my mind, science was vastly different from what I could do.  But even so young, my son is already teaching me things.  “No mama, not at all.  Science and magic are linked; they are just two different sides of the same coin.  I want to test out chemistry first, and compare what I can make there to what you craft with alchemy and your magic.”

So his father and I bought him a chemistry set.  He requested it be placed down in the basement so that when I am working he can join me.  That’s exactly what we did.  Now, he and I can work side by side, often the only sounds being the bubbling and burbling of liquids, a bang or pop here and there.

The boys’ birthdays rolled around before any of us realized it.  They each got their own cake once again.  Draco, being the oldest, once again went first.  He thought hard about a wish (a tradition his father told us about) and then blew out his candles.  After the sparkles hit, he ran to the mirror and dresser to don his own personal style.

David carried our youngest to the cake once again so I could sit back and watch, teary-eyed.  Both my boys were growing so fast!  It just didn’t seem possible.  Falkor was so cute, trying to blow out the candles himself.

Even still, I can only be proud of them.  They are both so handsome.  First, Draco decided that short hair would suit him better now.  He hasn’t quite decided what he wants to do later in life, or should I say that he has narrowed it down to three choices: there’s law enforcement, science, or the medical field.  He also wants to go to University, but since he has time to figure things out, he’s in no rush.  Like his dad, he did go with a little diamond stud in his ear.

Falkor likes to be comfortable, but he’s already begun to take after his father a bit and has taken a liking to painting.  Perhaps he’ll try some of the other arts later on, but for now, he wants to concentrate on his canvases.  He thinks the glasses he needs due to a bit of nearsightedness actually make him look more ‘artistic’.  I can only assume he got that from the television.  David just laughed.

The boys are pretty close.  They often will stay after school and do their homework together, though I keep telling them they should find somewhere with a roof and not just sit in the snow, but they seem to enjoy it.

And I’m not sure what they talk about at times.  I came downstairs one morning to find them both at the kitchen table.  Falkor was doing his homework and Draco was eating breakfast.  “-for the weak parts,” my oldest was saying, his mouth full of grilled cheese.

“Hm, so punch them in the stomach?”

Draco nodded slowly.  “Yeah, if you can reach.  Of course, if they’re trying to shove you into a locker, they probably aren’t guarding against that kinda blow, so stomach works, or-“ He leaned close and grinned.  “Hit ‘em in the family jewels.”

Falkor laughed, then stopped as I gave a little cough to alert them.  “Hey mom!”  He leapt up, having just finished his homework.  “Later mom!” 

Draco shoved his chair back as well, intending to escape, though he threw me a grin.  But I stopped him.  “Draco, what’s going on?”

“It’s nothing, mom, really,” he assured me, looking uncomfortable.  “Just some idiots hassling Falkor.  He’s got it under control.” 

I frowned, spurts of anger running through me at the thought of my poor boy being picked on.  How dare they!  “I’ll call the school!” I vowed.

“No!” Draco said firmly.  “Mom, look, if it were a big deal, I’d have told you.  But Falkor didn’t want me to.  He was just asking for tips.”

“On fighting?” I asked quietly.

“Well, a little.  That’s only if what I told him before doesn’t work,” Draco answered with a grin.  “I told him to try to make them laugh first, to make friends of them.  If that fails… well, he has the right to defend himself, doesn’t he?”

I was speechless for a moment.  He must have thought I’d be angry, because he looked down.  “Look, mom… I-“  He stopped when I hugged him tightly.

“Go to school,” I murmured.  His eyes lit up, he squeezed me tightly back, and then he ran to the bus to join his brother. 

The high school students went for a field trip to the mausoleum today.  Draco had quite a bit of fun exploring the catacombs.  He brought back a poster as a souvenir and proudly hung it in his room.

After Diego and his brood brought some more valuable gems to us, tiberium among them, we added a little ensuite to our bedroom upstairs to make it more convenient.  Sharing a bathroom with two growing boys, one of which is a teenager, plus my husband is getting a little cramped.

Hm… I think Draco may have a new ‘friend’.  He won’t talk to her on the phone in the house, I think because he’s afraid we’ll hear him.  Could my boy have a new woman in his life?  I’ll have to think of an excuse to invite her over without him realizing why…

I finally was able to snap a picture of Falkor as he was painting.  Shhhh, he doesn’t know it yet.  He may not be up to the level of his father yet, but he’s already very talented.

Oh, I am just tired of these paparazzi that insist upon camping out on our front lawn!  Apparently, I have become what they call a celebrity.  But if that means that I have these rude, annoying people on my lawn, I don’t want it!  Though… perhaps I shouldn’t have lost my temper as I did…

I DID change her back… eventually.  Then again, she makes a good test subject for the potency of some of my potions.

I think I have finally figured out how to investigate this girl that Draco seems so enamored with.  Snowflake Day will be here shortly.  The first one, I didn’t know what it was and I was pregnant.  I think a Gift Giving Party will be the perfect opportunity.  The rest of the family is pretty enthusiastic.  Draco came up to me.  “Hey, uh… Mom, you mind if I invite a few friends?”

Falkor piped up.  “Me too!”

“Of course, boys.  Of course.”  I grinned inwardly.  Good.

Be prepared for a small bonus chapter coming in the next little while.  See what happens to Celestia's scheme!  Does it work?  Stay tuned to find out!

anything