Author Topic: Adoptions and skin tones  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
Adoptions and skin tones
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »
Discussion about adopting. I have a few different adoptions. Most are olive skinned. Anyone else have same skin tones and does it depend on the skin tone of the parents you have?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Adoptions and skin tones
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
Discussion about adopting. I have a few different adoptions. Most are olive skinned. Anyone else have same skin tones and does it depend on the skin tone of the parents you have?

The skin tone of the parents have nothing to do with the skin tones of the adopted child. It's all randomized. You're probably seeing more medium tones simply because it's in the middle of the slider and adopted children generally stick towards the middle. You can have adopted children to either extreme, however.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »
Yes, I can attest to extreme skin tones. The game likes to give me dark brown skin with platinum blonde hair, for whatever reason. At least it's better than the green-brown hair. :P

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »
I see lots of dark brown skinned kids with blonde hair, especially girls.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »
I haven't adopted that many, but the few that I did varied of skin tones and could be similar or widely different from the adoptive parents. 
The thing that gets me is the skinny little girl I adopted one day, aged to child and was still skinny and then when she became teen she was quite big.  And I had to laugh at her traits, party animal, athletic and loves to ride horses.  This was when I had pets. 

it never seems to fail that when I adopt one and the child or toddler is skinny as a rail and then age up to being quite over weight.  It isn't the weight that gets to me, it is the extreme of the differences.  A child who would wear a size small ages to teen and goes to 2X. 

Skin tones vary even in families of natural born children, my sim just had a baby and she and hubby have fair skin.  But he had dark skin.  His grandfather had a dark skin so I guess it would be genetic, but it looked odd to have a blond haired fair father with a dark haired fair skinned mom have a kid with dark skin and reddish hair. 
You just have to love (or not  ;) ) the wild things that the game can toss in without expecting it. 

Offline LordMagikarp

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »
Question: Can't sims get surgery? Just remake your sim when he's a young adult? Lol?

Not sure if this actually works though because I've never tried it personally. I see the "Get surgery" option under the Hospital building, but I never got one because my sims don't need surgery. :/

I think you need Ambitions to get surgeries though.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
Question: Can't sims get surgery? Just remake your sim when he's a young adult? Lol?

Not sure if this actually works though because I've never tried it personally. I see the "Get surgery" option under the Hospital building, but I never got one because my sims don't need surgery. :/

I think you need Ambitions to get surgeries though.

I don't think plastic surgery allows you to change skintone, but I haven't tried it either, so I'm not too sure. That would certainly help the generic-ness of adopted Sims, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
You can't change skintone with plastic surgery. I checked. And plastic surgery came with Pets, not Ambitions.

While plastic surgery is the ultimate cure to genericness, it can't be done on a sim until they are young adult or older. So you have to deal with awful generic toddlers/kids/teens until then. :-\
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded