ladybug53 - Tropical Island Trip
1 (14.3%)
Joria - Mr. Payne Takes a Break
2 (28.6%)
Gogowars329 - Payne in the Future
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 23, 2014, 09:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 04 - Payne's Payment - Winner Announced!  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contests 2014: 04 - Payne's Payment

The Situation:
Famed for his appearances in stories such as Riches Galore and The Name's Oliver - Ben Oliver, the mysterious Mr. Payne, dressed in his iconic grey suit, is a harbinger of goodwill wherever his travels may take him. However his suit is wearing a little thin, and he has commissioned you to create for him a brand new wardrobe!

Your Task:
Your task is to give Mr. Payne a brand new wardrobe that shuns his formal grey suit and brings out his true personality. You may not alter his face or body in any way. You must create him a new outfit in each of the following categories: Everyday, Formal, Sleepwear, Swimwear, Athletic, and Outerwear. If you do not have Seasons, create a second Everyday outfit that looks like Outerwear. As always, Custom Content and paid Store Content are not allowed. You may download Mr. Payne here.

Screenshots:  Your entry thread may have up to ten screenshots.  As always, only one screenshot should be posted in this thread.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 7th March - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 17th April - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and Seabody.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 04 - Payne's Payment - Contest Open
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
Mr Payne's Tropical Island Trip
by ladybug53

Mr Payne decided after a long overdue vacation to go on a trip . He went on a Tropical Cruise . He spent a whole week on this Tropical Island . Mr. Payne has been pretty much everywhere in the Sim world but had never seen an island quite like this one . Friendly sims , lots of fresh fruits and nectar only to mention a few things . During his stay on this tropical island he stayed at an exquisite resort . This was a trip well deserved and much appreciated .

Mr. Payne is seen here at a famous Island Venue enjoying the sea breeze .

Download : Mr. Payne's Wardrobe and more photos
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
Mr. Payne's Retirement
by Teresa

After a long and successful career, Mr. Payne has decided to retire to Maine and write his memoirs.  He enjoys spending time camping and jogging and enjoying the sun when he can.  One day though he meets a mysterious man with a mysterious machine and begins to wonder if he is really ready for retirement after all...

Download: Mr. Payne's Retirement
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:03:11 AM »
Mr Payne has spent years caring and looking after other Sims but now it is time for him to care and look after himself. After deciding to take a break, it wasn’t long before Mr Payne wound up many years into the future, forced to not only alter his entire lifestyle to something more accustomed to the luxury and laziness of the future, but also change his wardrobe entirely. While losing his grey suit, his new clothes still respect his old life, all are grey. He may have also found a few clones but that’s only a minor detail.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
Mr. Payne had been working much, much too hard and needed a change. A new change of style and maybe a new change of venue as well.  Maybe this wasn't the best way to go though?

This was his everyday wear for his visit to Appaloosa Plains.  Come visit here to get his full story and all his new clothes.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19787.0.html
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 04 - Payne's Payment - Poll Open
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
The contest is now closed and the poll will be open for 5 days.  Because of the smaller number of entries, you will be able to vote for only one entry, so check the entries over before voting and pick your favourite!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 04 - Payne's Payment - Winner Announced!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
And we have a winner!  Congratulations to Gogowars for such a creative take on Mr Payne's usual grey outfit.  Definitely a winner!

As a personal friend of Mr Payne's, I think he will find all the new outfits appealing.  All the entries were very attractive.  It's probably not easy to design clothes for someone who always wears the same old boring grey suit, but you all did a splendid job!  So congratulations to everyone who entered, and thanks for taking part in this contest.  And thanks again to Seabody for coming up with this contest idea.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to keep your comments positive and constructive, and to give feedback only if it has been requested.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
CAS Contest 2014:  04 - Payne's Payment - March 7 - April 17, 2014
    And the winner is - Gogowars329

Congratulations to Gogowars! You can download the winning entry here: Payne in the Future.

And here's what Gogo had to say about the winning entry:

"Thank you so much to Schip and Seabody for yet another amazing contest and to everyone who voted for me. I loved this contest and dressing up the 'Man in Grey' in something other than his suit felt incredibly wrong. All the entries were great and congratulations to their creators."

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:34 AM »
Congratulations Gogowars329 ! Your entry was awesome and a sure winner . Very unique . Great outfits and pattern selection .

Thank you Shipperke and Seabody for such a fun contest .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »
Thank you again to Schip and Seabody as well as everyone who voted for me. It was great to have won after coming so close these last few contests but I really didn't expect to win this contest since I thought everyone else's entries were much more creative.

I am open to comments on my entry.

Ladybug, your entry was just what Mr Payne needs. It was all very nice clothing for elders and very creative use of patterns and colours.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations