Author Topic: An Orphan's Life Chapter 18: Potty Training  (Read 9178 times)

karlissa

An Orphan's Life Chapter 18: Potty Training
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »

My name is Gregory Jenkinson, I am a werewolf orphan.
My parents along with my sister died in a fire.
But I am determined to get on with my life, like I know my parents would want me to.
I am quite an obsessive cleaner but I suppose in the situation I find myself in, this will be handy.
I also desire a family of my own when I am older and am already quite nurturing.
I have a feeling I'd be playing lots of catch with my children as I am quite outdoorsy likely due to my lycanthropy.
But my sister Sasha has came back from the netherworld and unlike other ghosts did not go back.
I took this as a blessing and became her guardian.

This is her in the picture, she hasn't let death slow her down and she is showing she has her mother's genes of witchcraft by teleporting her Imaginary friend doll, Cuddles to the other-world and back.
She gets excited easily but often forgets what she's doing.

This is the house I live in, it's smaller than the house that burnt down but it has enough space for me to raise Sasha well.

I managed to potty train Sasha very quickly, she's a quick learner she is.
After this session I put my lycanthropy to work and found valuable bugs to sell while Sasha was learning with the peg box and sending Cuddles on journeys to other realms.
Then at midnight I fed Sasha, sang her to sleep and went to bed myself. I was ready for my first day of high school.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »
I like that introduction :) Cant wait to see where it leads.

Keep up the good work  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
This isn't going to be a sad story, is it?  :'(
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
Great introduction and interesting plot! I will be reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BoogieWoogie_Smurf

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 05:31:48 AM »
Great introduction. I will continue to be reading, but I will be preparing my self for the worse  :'(

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
This is interesting beginning.  I'll be reading!  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

karlissa

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

The next day I had to get to school but I knew I couldn't possibly leave Sasha alone on her own.

So I asked my fairy friend; Nicky Snitcher, who had dropped out of school to become a babysitter to babysit Sasha so I could go to school.
I had a rather stressful day at school, I found the lessons difficult and I ended up with a D on my test this prompted my teacher to tell me that it is an option to be adopted and be potentially split with Sasha I declined and took this as an insult, I can take care of a toddler just as well as she could!
After that I went to the science lab to study to improve my grades because I was not going to get a D again.

Afterwards I had a very interesting conversation about chicken and everything that tastes like chicken with Sasha, (What? I'm a werewolf, It's in my nature to like meat)

Many say ghost toddlers aren't as cute as normal toddlers, I disagree  ;D

I mean look at her, how can you not find that cute.
The next day was mostly just like the day before so I'm not going to pester you with that.

I had a mood swing the day after though and I also had a test on the same day, despite my consistent rude remarks in my science test I still got a C+ in it and I am now back on track.
After school I threw eggs at some weirdo's house and got caught by the cops and was forced inside my own home, this put me out of the mood swing and into a bit of depression as my parents weren't there, they were in the ground at eerie park.

I prepared a special cake during midnight and Sasha somehow managed to get out of her crib so I decided to have her blow it out now.

She aged up and promptly tripped over 3 times and lost 10 games of rock paper scissors before going to bed, I feel like there is an aura of bad luck around her...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »
I feel like there is an aura of bad luck around her...

That made me laugh.  How unlucky can one get?  She is already dead, so I'd say she is very unlucky.

Great update karlissa!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

karlissa

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
Hey it's Sasha my brother decided that I should tell you ;the audience, about how the past few days and about how Gregory has not been in the best frame of mind recently.

I had a day off school so I had a lovely play day; I crashed into 20 cars when I was on the couch ; I didn't know those drivers were there.   :-[ I then did some baking;but I accidentally burnt all of the cupcakes. I then sung to my dolly but I then choked on my own saliva and spat all over the floor, ew! So I played with blocks when my masterpiece just randomly fell down on itself, yay me?  ::)

Gregory just rolled his eyes when I told him. Aren't all big brothers like that.

We also had a super awesome pillow fight that I won!

Then as night fell my brother became much hairier, I think it's a part of being a male teenager... gross.

Old wrinkled green people had a sleep over at our house

I then had the worst day at school ever, I had P.E and someone stole my school clothes and I had to wear the really sweaty P.E clothes for the rest of the day, after that I tripped over on a rock and hurt myself.  :'(

Thankfully my singing sessions are getting better.

I looked under the bed as Sam in my class is convinced that there are bed monsters under all beds, I just disproved it, Ha! take that Sam!

Saturday was rather relaxed I won my first game of rock paper scissors; first of 100, and my brother told a ghost story that wasn't very scary, though ghost stories aren't usually that scary to ghosts.

But at night, Gregory threw a party and kissed a girl, EWWWWWWWW!!!

Then he aged up and made a very irresponsible choice...

He sold his body He bought a cheap car that makes an awful noise when driven, and he called it Jenna. I think he's having a midlife crisis early.

I had that nightmare again...

karlissa

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
Hey it's me; Gregory again. First thing to say is that we needed a car and we needed a cheap one so I bought it, also with that thing with my body going, that was because of her faulty camera, at least that's what I think anyway.

I'm not sure I'll ever trust her with the car though as even when she tries to imagine driving well she somehow hits imaginary cars on accident!

I decided to get a start on my lifetime wish and turned Rainflower Ivy into a werewolf, even though I didn't ask, he still ended up thanking me for what I had done. See? Being a werewolf is fun!

I then looked for a fellow werewolf and found a man named Param Singh and his wife Navita, his wife went straight to work so I decided to help him become adjusted to his lycanthropy and since then we've been hunting to increase both our household's wealth.

I then graduated and was voted most likely to have a big family. Since this was a family affair; Sasha was allowed to skip school to see me graduate.
Despite me being an adult I decided to be self-employed as lycanthropy can lead one to some... expensive finds.

I went to the alchemy store and decided to chat to a witch, she didn't have much to say but I did find out that the gem cutter was free to use. This was my chance to make some bigbucks

I cut all the gems I had found with Param.

Into hearts as I had heard that they are rumoured to sell for a large number as a mysterious man in Twinbrook apparently has a big collection of heart shaped gems and wants to make a giant version of every gem in a heart shape and needs a lot of heart shaped gems to do the spell. Whatever the case I knew I would want to expand the house sooner rather than later so after this I...

Gave them to the clerk to sell to this mysterious man. I got a check in the mail for 30000 simoleons.

Here's a picture of all the gems I cut.

Sasha found one thing she didn't have bad luck at; baking.

Then I threw a surprise birthday party for Nicky as she had no living family members, they died in a fire not unlike the one that killed my parents and Sasha.

:o She aged up to be a big looker. I think I fell in love with her all over again. I decided to transform and this prompted...

Rainflower to have his first transformation.

Then; I proposed...
(Author note: I don't know why but Gregory gets constant wishes to beat up werewolves even though his lifetime wish is to be leader of the pack, I find this very odd)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 4: The big question
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
I hope Nicky and Gregory have a happy life together.  Will poor Sasha ever learn to cook?  I'm enjoying this story. It's so different.  :D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

karlissa

Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 4: The big question
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

I gulped and asked her "Will you, Nicky Snitcher be my beloved wife for both of our long lives for better and for worse"
She screamed "YES, YES I will marry you Gregory!"
This was one of the happiest moments of my life.

I did plan a performance including Bonehilda but I decided against it because despite being a bunch of bones, Bonehilda is female.
After that party I threw another, a bachelor party.

I asked Param Singh to do a toast
Shortly after, we heard police sirens...

karlissa

Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 5: The big word and the sirens
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

"Excuse me? We've got a report of a lame party, hey Sugar I think I'll be comin' home with a man tonight growl" Is what she said to me; an engaged man.
I yelled "Param!"
But he denied inviting this dancing stranger.
In the other room a ghostly laughter was heard prompted with a big bang.

I'm still working on my LTW.

I thought I threw all the newspapers away.

I've got a party dancin' werewolf stranger now.

Then I overheard James wishing that they'd re-instate witch burnings.
This worried me until I realized that Sasha is already dead but I still felt unease.

Then I burst into laughter at his fear of Bonehilda and realized that Bonehilda will be there when we sleep protecting us, we don't give her enough thanks.

While I slept...

Sasha talked about magic prompting James to walk right through her and pretend he did not just see her.

I enjoyed the party and I am looking forward to the wedding.

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 6: Bea Buzzerby
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
This is a really good story! Definitely adding this to my bookmarks!
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

karlissa

Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 6: Bea Buzzerby
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 07:52:17 AM »
Hey It's Gregory here again,

I began working on my lifetime wish.

But some people do not appreciate what I am doing.

But I don't really care, there's a cure for lycanthropy and quite frankly I don't desire it.

I've been working on the household finances

Preparations for the wedding were nearly complete!  ;D