ladybug53 - The Gold Nugget
4 (30.8%)
Danielle Haydis - Murua
3 (23.1%)
Ausette - Beatrice and Bosso
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 14, 2014, 10:08:36 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 05 - Gold Rush! - Winner Announced!  (Read 4207 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contests 2014: 05 - Gold Rush!

The Situation:
Sims are agog with the news!  The Northwest is finally opening up!  The Simverse is rife with rumours of discoveries of rich gold deposits.  Sims everywhere are stocking up on supplies and packing their suitcases, heading North in hopes of making their fortunes!

Your Task:
Your task is to design a two-character household to take part in the great northern gold rush.  One of your characters must be a Sim aged YA to Elder and can be any life state.  The second character can be a Sim (of any age and life state) or an animal companion, whichever you wish.  You can set the relationship between the characters to whatever you wish - a married couple, roommates, parent and child, etc.  Will your characters be a Sim and his/her hunting dog, hoping to strike it rich?  Dance-hall girls?  Constables with the RCMP?  Schoolmarms?  You decide.  You are allowed the usual 10 screenshots for your entry thread, and you can post one screenshot in this thread.  As always, custom content is not allowed.  Content from any EP or SP is allowed, as well as free store items.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 28th March 2014 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 8th May 2014 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and Seabody.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 05 - Gold Rush! - Contest Open
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
The Gold Nugget
by ladybug53

Keith Rogers - Adult Male Human Sim
Traits - Angler - Athletic - Bookworm - Charismatic - Green Thumb
Lifetime Wish - Swimming in Gold
Favorites - Autumn Salad - Indie - Spice Brown
Zodiac Sign - Aries

Duke Rogers - Adul Male German Shepperd
Traits - Adventurous - Friendly - Hunter

Expansions Used - Showtime - Island Paradise - Into the Future - University Life - Pets
Stuff Packs Used - Master Suite - Diesel

As the news spread around , Keith and Duke make plans to go west in hope to find some gold . Keith and Duke headed west deep in the forest by a small lake . The terrain had an odd hue that Keith thought might be a clue that they were in the right place . They had been hiking for days now and not a soul in sight . They began to dig right away after resting for a while . They found several items that were yellow in color and very shinny . Gold it is ! They spent several weeks searching for gold before they headed back to the small village of Appalousa Plains . Keith thought this was the greatest adventure . Oh , the stories he'll have to tell everyone about .

Link to Download and Photos - The Gold Nugget
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:22:16 AM »
The Garland Brothers

Twin brothers from Twinbrook, J. M. and M. J. have just left home in search of gold...and everything that comes with it.  J. M. is a shrewd businessman and ruthless negotiator, but M. J. is only interested in art, music, and love.  Will they find what they're looking for?

J. M. Garland - Young Adult Male Human Sim
Traits: Commitment Issues, Handy, Childish, Ambitious, Mean-Spirited
Lifetime Wish: Swimming in Cash
Favorites: Classical, Stu Surprise, Orange
Zodiac Sign - Leo

M. J. Garland - Young Adult Male Human Sim
Traits: Insane, Virtuoso, Genius, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim
Favorites: Classical, Stu Surprise, Orange
Zodiac Sign - Leo

Expansions Used: World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise
Stuff Packs Used: Town Life, Fast Lane Stuff

Link to complete entry: The Garland Brothers

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:12:46 AM »
Murua Couple

Ragyo is a wannabe actress in search of gold and her husband, Marco, just follows like an obedient puppy. Will they strike it rich or will they find more than they bargained for? Find out more here.

Sim Name:  Ragyo Murua
Age/Gender:  Young Adult Female
Life State: Human
Traits:  Star Quality, Snob, Mooch, Neat, Over-Emotional
Lifetime Wish: Superstar Actor

Sim Name:  Marco Murua
Age/Gender:  Young Adult Male
Life State: Human
Traits:  Family Oriented, Good, Neat, Clumsy, Great Kisser
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded by Family

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »
Beatrice and Bosso Rodriquez

Beatrice has never fit in anywhere and that's exactly the way she likes it. With parents from opposite sides of the border and adventure in her blood she's been travelling back and forth across the countryside with her trusty mule for years. When she isn't tending to Bosso or mapping the area she's in, Beatrice enjoys trading for local wares and planning out her and Bosso's next great adventure.

This entry can be viewed in full and downloaded here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 05 - Gold Rush! - Poll Open
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »
This contest is now closed.  The poll will be open for 5 days.  Be sure to vote for your favourite entry!  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 05 - Gold Rush! - Winner Announced!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
And we have a winner!  Congratulations to ladybug53 for The Gold Nugget, yet another win to add to her impressive record.  :)

It was a very close contest this time, with the remaining 3 entries all placing second.  Which is a good indication that all the entries were very strong and well-presented.  So I think everyone deserves congratulations for your entries.  I tried to create a mountie, but had a lot of trouble coming up with a reasonable facsimile of the mountie uniform so didn't enter.  And seeing the calibre of the entries in the contest, I think I'm glad I didn't bother with mine - it would have been left in the dust.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to give feedback only if it is requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
CAS Contest 2014:  05 - Gold Rush! - March 28 - May 8, 2014
    And the winner is - ladybug53!

Congratulations to ladybug! You can download the winning entry here: The Gold Nugget.

And here's what ladybug had to say about her winning entry:

"I would like to thanks Schipperke and Seabody for all these amazing contests . I would also like to thank all who voted for me . This was quite a fun contest to create . I had great fun . I would like to congratulate all the entrants . They were all amazing and very creative . It was a bit hard only voting for one ."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
Well deserved win.  I really liked ALL the entries this time.  Too bad I didn't finish Clementine in time but you may see her in a story soon.  Congrats to ladybug and all.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery