Author Topic: My sim won't go to work  (Read 11359 times)

pandapants33

My sim won't go to work
« on: April 04, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »
For some reason when it is ready for my sim to go to work they refuse, I have made sure they are in they're career outfit but she still won't go to work. My sim isn't stuck because she always has dinner with the rest of the family but when it is time for work she never seems to walk out of the door to get taken to her science job. Please help,

Pandapants33

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: My sim won't go to work
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:48:59 PM »
We would need more information.

When you say that the sim refuses, what, precisely, is going on? Is the action dropping from the queue? Is she doing the bad-pathing foot stomp and yell? Does the car for the carpool actually show up? When you switch over to her job tab, does it say "work in 2 hours"? If you manually click "send to work" does she go, or do you get a notification, or what?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
I've only had this problem in the criminal career. Carpool doesn't show up, click go to work, and nothing. What I did was make him go to the work building. All his co-workers were standing around outside. Clicking on the building did nothing. I sent him back home and clicked on go to work again and for some reason it worked. The criminal career is known to be glitchy, though. Still, you could try all that. Maybe it'll work.

Offline GoFeesh

• Got any 3s?
  • Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
I've recently had this same problem with the science career. My sim got pregnant with triplets and then wouldn't go back to work after her maternity leave. She gets the action in her queue about catching her carpool, but then it just drops from her queue. I tried making her go to the building on her own and then told her to go in and work, but it just dropped out of her queue like before. I had her quit her job (at level 5 or 6) and get rehired (at level 3), but the same thing happened. It shows that she's missing work and her job performance drops but she just won't follow through on the action. I haven't tried having another sim in that career in this town and I also have not tried giving her another job yet, but this is the same family where I was having other strange problems (the Lobos family moved into a house my family owned, and now my oldest daughter is invisible in create a sim when I use a mirror to edit her appearance. I hate her hair and can't change it!). They're in Riverview and they moved houses and this no work problem happened from both homes. I ended up using the change lifetime wish to something that's not related to a job so that she can have a chance at acheiving it.

pandapants33

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
The carpool shows up she puts on her career outfit and then the action droppes from the queue.

pandapants33

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »
My sim has only just had twins that may have effected it.  ???

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:26 PM »
It sounds like, from the issues that you're having, that you might need to reset the town.  Without a mod, here's what you do (keep in mind you'll loose any relationships that are outside your own household, however, with the testingcheatsenabled turned on, you can simply move the relationship bar with the appropriate people to get it back to the way is was.

So first, go into Edit Town and save both homes to the library.  Then save a copy of your household to the library - just the people (just playing it safe here).  (Note: If you have other family members in the town that you want to save, you'll need to move them in with the family you're saving before you save them to the library.  You're going to be moving ALL of the family members to a new copy of the town).

Then sell all properties except your home one (you'll get them back).

Now, save that game and then go to the main menu.

Start a new game using the same town (or if you feel that Riverview has been too glitchy, then try another one (but I wouldn't recommend Bridgeport (if you have it) cause it's really laggy if you don't have at least one mod).  Once you have that game started you'll want to use edit town again and then place your house on the lot that you'd used before (I'm assuming you built something yourself, if not, you can bulldoze what is on the lot and place the home you saved from the library).

Now, move your family in from the library to their home and start playing.  Before you even try to deal with the extra properties ensure that everyone goes to work properly, etc.

I hope this helps and I know it seems complicated at first, but it's the best way, without a mod, to basically reset your town.  I haven't heard of Riverview being glitchy, but I haven't played it much myself.  Maybe some other simmers can comment on that world specifically if they've had these issues.  I know certain worlds have had some rabbit hole issues due to placement (they need a minimum depth of 4 spaces from the entrance clear or the sims can't enter).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

pandapants33

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:38:46 PM »
Well Thankyou and I hope it works,
                                                    pandapants33

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
For some reason when it is ready for my sim to go to work they refuse, I have made sure they are in they're career outfit but she still won't go to work. My sim isn't stuck because she always has dinner with the rest of the family but when it is time for work she never seems to walk out of the door to get taken to her science job. Please help,

Pandapants33
I had this happen not long ago and found an answer elsewhere on the board and it works like a charm. The career outfit has become corrupt. Go to the wardrobe and select plan outfit. Go to the career button when the outfit appears, you'll see a small icon in the upper left with a + sign. click that and create a new outfit. Then choose career outfit 2 as their preferred outfit. They'll go to work wearing the new outfit. Good luck!

pandapants33

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
That worked thankyou so much.  :)

Offline GoFeesh

• Got any 3s?
  • Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
I had this happen not long ago and found an answer elsewhere on the board and it works like a charm. The career outfit has become corrupt. Go to the wardrobe and select plan outfit. Go to the career button when the outfit appears, you'll see a small icon in the upper left with a + sign. click that and create a new outfit. Then choose career outfit 2 as their preferred outfit. They'll go to work wearing the new outfit. Good luck!
considering that this is happening to the sim whose career outfit completely overrode her other outfits not long ago, that seems to make sense. I'll have to try this out.

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »
That worked thankyou so much.  :)

Glad it worked for you.

Now I have an issue in which all of my sims icons are highlighted at once and I can't choose one at all even after a reset. I'm saving as… and then rebooting. Hope it works!

pandapants33

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »
I hope that works for you.  :)

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
I hope that works for you.  :)

I had to move my lot, then the sims became unlocked but my MinusOne fridge and food replicator are corrupt. Luckily I cloned the fridge twice and put it in the family inventory when my sim became the 5-star chef.

pandapants33

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »
Okay.

anything