77 (25.2%)
It depends.
112 (36.6%)
No, I hardly ever do it.
59 (19.3%)
No, I NEVER cheat.
23 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Play Style: Cheats or no Cheats?  (Read 56619 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Play Style: Cheats or no Cheats?
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
However, I stand by my opinion on cheats improving my misguided sims, as well as quick promotions.

As well you should.  If that's how you enjoy playing the game, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »
Jeanamariex3, I agree with the cheats making the game more fun. I've never used mods and never will but you've got my support on the cheating! I'm known as a big cheater on here haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: How come no one uses cheats to improve their sims' lives?
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2011, 01:53:12 AM »
We already have a substantial topic regarding the play style of cheats or no cheats.  I'm merging this thread with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »
Jeanamariex3, I agree with the cheats making the game more fun. I've never used mods and never will but you've got my support on the cheating! I'm known as a big cheater on here haha.

I am actually planning on using cheats to kill the Frio Brothers, in my game, where I'm playing as Charlie Sheen. I'm not sure how, Connor will die, but Jared will be dying of electrocution, with the help of my cheats, thank you Carl and Pam, for that idea. While Connor's death will be food related, he will either starve, or burn to death from cooking waffles, since Jared is a natural cook, which made Connor rely on his brother for cooking. Johnny Bravo and his mother live next door, as I deleted Claire out of my game entirely.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
I prefer to not use cheats. Although, I do have a few times where I'm just messing around and testing some stuff out and I do use cheats then. I do use moveobjects on when I'm landscaping though. Sometimes those shrubs refuse to go where I want them too!

This is part of the beauty of the Sims franchise, though! Everyone can make the game their own and have their own unique style. There is no one set way to do things  :D
Hi!

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2011, 05:15:20 PM »
I prefer to not use cheats. Although, I do have a few times where I'm just messing around and testing some stuff out and I do use cheats then. I do use moveobjects on when I'm landscaping though. Sometimes those shrubs refuse to go where I want them too!

This is part of the beauty of the Sims franchise, though! Everyone can make the game their own and have their own unique style. There is no one set way to do things  :D

Cheats have been perfect for my latest game. I am thinking about starting "the adventures of Charlie Sheen" I had to use the "make me know everyone" cheat, and drag his relationships down to "disliked" by all my female townies but Vita Alto and Dorie Hart. Vita, being evil, sees him as a legend, while Dorie herself could possibly relate to Charlie. Since he's a failure, he has to earn respect from his new fellow townies.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2011, 05:19:24 PM »
jeanamarie, that's a genius idea  ;D that's the type of thing I would use cheats for too! You should keep us posted on how your game turns out.
Hi!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
shall do. He's gonna room with Johnny Bravo too eventually.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
jeana, for some reason your idea made me crack up. Not that they are bad, but I think it's funny how Charlie is not doing so well in life...despite that he was on a TV show and had two kids.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
I love your Charlie Sheen idea!  I'm sure he will provide for an interesting story line.

I only use building cheats or if a specific cheat is allowed for a challenge (like the teleporter cheat in the team upgrade challenge).  One of the things I love most about the game is building my sims up from humble beginnings.  The one time I used the motherlode cheat I quickly got bored of that game and discarded it.  For me the fun is in the journey, not so much in the destination.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »
I love your Charlie Sheen idea!  I'm sure he will provide for an interesting story line.

I only use building cheats or if a specific cheat is allowed for a challenge (like the teleporter cheat in the team upgrade challenge).  One of the things I love most about the game is building my sims up from humble beginnings.  The one time I used the motherlode cheat I quickly got bored of that game and discarded it.  For me the fun is in the journey, not so much in the destination.
That is exactly why I mainly play Legacy style, because I don't think it's half as much fun starting with rich Sims. I do enjoy building, however, and I cheat for that.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
I chose "it depends" but I lean slightly more to the "not cheating" side. Usually I only cheat if I want a specific outcome. (like having money to build a cool house) If I get glitches, I'll use resetsim and I sometimes use moveobjects for building, but not often.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2011, 06:41:08 AM »
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends on the scenario and situation. Really, though, I have one save file which I use cheats on and that's it, except for moveobjects to get lights over places the game doesn't want me to put them and resetSim for glitches.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2011, 07:07:52 AM »
Like everybody else I use cheats to reset Sims and "moveObjects on". I will also use cheats to help the Sims keep their need bars up. I do this mainly if I am playing a full household. I love to build houses and fix up the townies homes too, so, cheats are very handy for that too. I have to agree that before I learned about cheats, I enjoyed building my Sims career up from level 1 and having to balance funds to pay for food, bills and to save some back for buying new things or going out on the town.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:55 AM »
I changed my vote. I now hardly ever cheat (except moveobjects, resetsim, constrainfloorelevation). I do cheat in my unofficial dynasty, however.

anything